GENERAL UPDATE (170911)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• GENERAL UPDATE (170911)

Dear players,

An update has been released fixing rare issues where players would encounter issues with units. We have also introduced general fixes and adjustments.

Unit Balancing

Insurgents (for games created after 26th October)
      • Decreased Hit points from 30 to 20
      UI
      • Introduced tooltip and indicator for in-game clock
      • Changed Newspaper Coup d'Etat to Military Coup
      Fixes
      • Fixed bug where on rare occasion, units were not visible
      • Fixed bug where units stuck on water and couldn't be moved
      • Fixed bug where player could accidentally skip tutorial
      //Your CoN Crew
      Dorado Games
      Conflict Of Nations

• This is a really great game and you guys are doing an all around amazing job on fixing the bugs in this game and just improving it for the better. Even though this game is great I just have a few suggestions that I think you should add to the game.
      You should add spy satilites and military generals that give an all round boost to the military troops and vehicles. Also other than coalitions there should be a formal type of alliance like the UN, NATO, and/or the EU. You should add an option to change the name of your country and the flag you are represented under. My final suggestion is that there should be senarios in this game (for example; WWI and WWII senarios) and/or there should also be a long term game where you are a tribe that starts off at the beginning of humanity (as you progress you can change your tribe into an empire or country, and you can name your country whatever you want and choose whatever flag you want your country to be represented under) and you play against other players as you research new techs (for example bow and arrow --> crossbow) and try to conquer the world.

I believe my that suggestions will attract more players and improve the game. I understand if you don't add my suggestions and have a different idea on how the game should progress in the future. I also understand that if you do choose to listen to my examples that it will take a long time to code and impliment into the game.

Sincerely
      bye_
    • bye_ wrote:

This is a really great game and you guys are doing an all around amazing job on fixing the bugs in this game and just improving it for the better. Even though this game is great I just have a few suggestions that I think you should add to the game.
      You should add spy satilites and military generals that give an all round boost to the military troops and vehicles. Also other than coalitions there should be a formal type of alliance like the UN, NATO, and/or the EU. You should add an option to change the name of your country and the flag you are represented under. My final suggestion is that there should be senarios in this game (for example; WWI and WWII senarios) and/or there should also be a long term game where you are a tribe that starts off at the beginning of humanity (as you progress you can change your tribe into an empire or country, and you can name your country whatever you want and choose whatever flag you want your country to be represented under) and you play against other players as you research new techs (for example bow and arrow --> crossbow) and try to conquer the world.

I believe my that suggestions will attract more players and improve the game. I understand if you don't add my suggestions and have a different idea on how the game should progress in the future. I also understand that if you do choose to listen to my examples that it will take a long time to code and impliment into the game.

Sincerely
      bye_
      Spy satellites have been answered with "no" due to coding limitations and the fact the "reveal all" gold option may be understood like a "satellite spy screenshot" ^^ .

About military generals, i love this idea. No idea about how, or when, but at some point in the future (2019 ? :D), i think that some "more humans" in the gameplay, to feel like you "customised" your nation/army, seems great.

About scenarios, great idea again... and this... is... definitely planned. Germanico is all about "Able Archer" Scenario :D. The scenario you suggest, however, is a bit too far CoN modern setting ^^. But a post-WWIII scenario would be fun indeed ! :D
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • The new maps only have 2 research slots? What is with the 64er map? A new 60er map have in Germany only 8 cities??? and only 1 provinces with components???
      Sorry but I dont will play this game with only 2 slots and the very long research times.
      „Morgen, ihr Luschen!“ --- „Morgen, Chef!“ (Ausbilder Schmidt alias Holger Müller bei der Arbeit)
    • Expressed 6 November :

"unfortunately we had to hotfix the 3rd research slot and the 64 player map out of the game today - AFFECTING NEW GAMES ONLY.
      Reason for this was that over the weekend we monitored several critical issues with these features - requiring further attention by the devs."

I wish you a good continuation on other games.
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • Maybe - but we don't know yet. It was a test and it failed for reasons stated above.
      Right now we are rather inclined to keep it at two slots and try other things, such as making older technologies research faster.
      I can understand that adding/removing features is irritating, but basically we are operating our game like your typical online company, eg. google or facebook - with features being added, but also removed if not feasible.

Hope you see the reason behind this Seele, always good to have you around and contributing to the state of the game.

//G
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • If you will have a modern army with army, air force and navy it needs too much time to research now with 2 slots. I play some old games with 2 slots and the slow research makes me crazy.
      If this would not be changed I make a break with this game.
      „Morgen, ihr Luschen!“ --- „Morgen, Chef!“ (Ausbilder Schmidt alias Holger Müller bei der Arbeit)