Create, Modify and Resize Nations!!!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Create, Modify and Resize Nations!!!

I'll make this quick and simple: I love underdog stories. Sometimes a small colony, can defeat an empire and claim it's independence. I'm a International Politics major, focused on East and Southeast Asia, and some things that rather bothers me is:

Create & Modify Countries:
      1. Why does Vietnam have Laos and Cambodia? Technically, if Netherlands and Belgium are their own country, how come those countries don't have their own nation? Did you know that Laos is actually a larger country than the United Kingdom in size? Vietnam can technically remain it's own country, it does have a decent sizable army in the 21st century. Vietnam's country size can stretch from Germany to Italy from the very north, the the very south. Vietnam should remain to it's true country size, and let Laos and Cambodia free (Besides, those countries are much more influenced by Thailand than Vietnam is).
      2. Players should be able to play Thailand as a country. During the Vietnam War, Thailand remained the backbone of Southeast Asia, which caused many Southeast Asians from Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, Burma, Malaysia and even Indonesia to flee to Thailand, as it remained neutral and strong enough military power to defend against the rise of Communism from Vietnam, China, Laos and Cambodia throughout the 60's and to the mid 80's. Thailand from the 20th century to the 21st century became the top Commercial and Political hub of Southeast Asia. They were close allies with the United Kingdom and other European Royals, so a European doctrine would be perfect. Cities would include Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Phuket, Pattaya, Udon Thani (An actual U.S Military base) and so on. Thailand is a bigger than Germany or France.
      3. Thus leaving Laos and Cambodia as Computer Players for China, Vietnam or Thailand to fight over for. Burma, Cambodia and Laos should gain more cities. Laos and Cambodia is one of the poorest countries in the world, covered in thick jungles in Cambodia and heavy mountain ranges in Laos, that separated Vietnam and China from influencing them for centuries.
      4. Everyone loves an underdog story. This is where Taiwan should come to play, with it's greatest ally the U.S with a US Doctrine. Taiwan despite being a small island, is about the size of Ireland. Taiwan throughout the 60's and into the 21st century has prepared themselves for war against China ever that was to happen. They have strong anti-Missile tanks, a Navy and a combat ready army in the case that China ever tries to invade them. I would recommend adding Taiwan as a playable Nation, as they are the U.S #3 largest exporters and contains good relations with Korea, Japan and the U.S.
      5. Singapore too. Despite being a city-state nation, Singapore is the #1 largest economy in Southeast Asia. Despite it being one of the smallest countries in the world, Singapore does pack a pretty powerful punch, that not even Malaysia or Indonesia dare upset them in the 21st century. Make Singapore a harder challenge to take over.
      6. Korea, Korea, Korea. I cannot stress enough how Korea is not a playable Nation in the beginning? South Korea has one of the largest economies in the world (Besides Japan), and is one of the countries that quickly grew and expanded itself in the 80's and is one of the top Economies in Asia. South Korea is bigger than the size of East Germany, and is a pivotal and important nation in both Politics, Economics and Military for Asia, Europe and North America. Give them the US doctrine. Give South Korea it's Jeju island, a Naval Military base!
      7. North Korea is a little bit of a difficult one. Relying on missiles, tanks and the largest standing army in the world, North Korea could be an interesting playable Nation in the game, capable of starting a civil war with South Korea, or Japan, or see itself get eaten alive by a China.
      8. Japan needs an Okinawa. It's a pretty important naval base.
      9. Make the Philippines a playable nation too. A nation that remained isolated throughout Asia due to it's island nation status, the Philippines is quickly emerging in the 21st century to become another military and political shareholder of Southeast Asia.
      10. Free Bhutan, Luxembourg, Hong Kong, Brunei and Bangladesh too!
      Resize Nations:
      1. In my very first game, I was Australia, who took over the entire Southeast Asia and East Asia, onto my way into India. Did you know that over half of the world's entire population is just in between Indonesia, China, Japan and India? But I got third place, with Sweden winning #1, taking over Eastern Europe and half of Turkey. The largest populations and largest cities in the world are all in Asia. Let's create more cities, and resize populations and countries to be larger in Asia than that of European countries. Asia is the largest continent in the world, and especially in the 21st century, a majority of them have a stronger economy of Europe. Just this year, India has now a larger economy than that of England.
      2. Change the Victory Point values in Asia. Asia is a huge country, with larger cities and larger populations than that of Europe, Africa and the Americas combined. It would be nice to see Asia, Latin America and Africa have equal Victory Point values to that of half of Europe, especially if this is taking place in the 21st century, where Asia (China, India, Korea, Japan, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam) does have a bigger economy than most of Europe.
      3. I could advice that instead of using the typical "Flat Map" we see all over in schools, the creators of CoN use a "Global World Map", where instead of everything be flattened down, it works like Google Earth, where we can rotate around the earth, so that way it can truly portray Africa, Asia and Latin America by it's true size. After all, Russia isn't even that big, it's the same size as America, and Greenland is 25% smaller than India.
      Sources: "The True Size of..."

Thank you for reading my suggestions. I do have more how you can help make the game more better, how to balance Asia to be equally as significant as Europe with victory points, feel free to message me CoN! And hire me! <3
      The Art of War

The post was edited 5 times, last by Vingti ().

• I think the best thing to do is a totaly new map. We can keep this one as a "balanced" map. And make a new one more realistic.
      Some countries should be playable like : Nigeria, Venezuela, Spain (with one more city). And why not every country ?
      Like some others should have 1 or 2 cities less : Canada, Egypt, Algeria, Argentina, Congo, South Africa, Australia, Poland, Sweden
      Some country should have at least 1 more city : USA, China (+2), India (+2), Russia
      Africa deserve more cities and countries. If Nepal and Bosnia, Kuwait or Slovenia exist, why not Ivory Cost, Somalia, Ni-ger (it's a country, not an insult), Sudan, Rwanda etc ? They are much bigger and more populated.
      Frexit