Air Superiority and Strike Fighters improvement suggestions

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Germanico wrote:

Guys, sorry to disappoint you, but there will not be another class of fighters.
      I know that in reality there are multirole fighters flying all types of missions and the singular role fighter is somewhat obsolete.

What we will be doing is dropping the F-15C Air Sup from the Strike branch, moving down the F-15E to mid tier and introducing the F15-SE as top (still pondering over the partial stealth feature atm).

@Oceanhawk: I do realize our mistake with the F15C being in the wrong tree, but would like to retain the F16 as the mainstay Air Sup fighter for US due to the lighter build and viability.

Thanks again all for the constructive feedback - good stuff coming from the community is always best.

//G
      @Lord Aodhan Nah Id have to agree with G here, I wouldnt want another class of fighters.

Now, Why dont you just make the SE the tier 3. And the F-16 Tier 2. Id leave the F-15SE aside as its really a stealth fighter and more of a prototype/in development aircraft. The program will get some attention as Nations start cutting ties with the disastrous F-35.

Anyway, I will still give out about the idea of having the F-16 as the air superiority fighter

Put your thinking cap on now for a sec, if you were to make a fighter that is light and viable. Why would you not make that fighter bomb Terrorist pick up trucks or some Russian BTRs. And hence have the big heavy dual engine fighter with all the bells and whistles go head to head and be the biggest prey in the skies? or.. the Air superiority fighter does that not sound a lot better?

Than having the F-15 bomb toyota rav4's and the F-16 go up against big dual engine SU-35s, or SU-27s or whatever the russians are throwing.
      The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants
      - Thomas Jefferson

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
      - Milton Friedman

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.
      - Sun Tzu
    • Eternus wrote:

any more? Is it common? Does military strategies really on this?
      Not common really, for aircraft to do this they need powerful radars with good air-air missiles which are capable of Intercepting Smaller fast moving objects such as Cruise Missiles.

It's Possible F-15C (Air Superiority variant) could have this capability if it's radar was updated, but it hasn't been revealed or tested for this capability. And seems like the F-15C will be retired.

I don't think it's a modern military strategy seems more like a niche ability for the MiG-31 something that is unique to it. But it is likely the MiG-31 replacement (MiG-41 will appear sometime in the future early 2030s) will have this ability as well. Only Russia plans on maintaining a dedicated Interceptor Fleet.

Interceptor Definition:
      An interceptor aircraft, or simply interceptor, is a type of fighter aircraft designed specifically to prevent successful missions by enemy aircraft, particularly bombers and reconnaissance aircraft.
      They are basically Air Defense Fighters.