Victory points, victory conditions

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Victory points, victory conditions

Hello again,

I would like to point to one problem new players like me can expirience. This is exerpt from FAQ:

[i]Q: What are Victory points?[/i]
      A: Victory Points (VP) are the set points on each city in CoN. The way to capture more VP is simple you take over the new land with VP.
      You can find your City VP in the province pop-up once you click on a City. It is important that you do not confuse the number in brackets on the map as VP this is just population.

In some other posts (can't find it now, was rly late night :D) i found morale of citys/provinces also impact VP generation and ranking. If that is the case it should be clearly stated in FAQ.

This opens some possible (depend on developers idea in wich direction they want game to go) interesting options for victory - like diplomatic victory, economic vicotry, or victory by power wich could be calculated as some ponder of all things combined, number of provinces/citys, morale, military might etc..

My apologies if I'm writing something already been written :D

Greetings

Vladimir.
    • Morale does NOT influence VP.

Effectively VP = Population, albeit with a weight towards the larger end, meaning a city of 10 Pop is worth more than 10 VP.

So by killing population you are actually deminishing your victory points, though they do grow back in due time.

//G
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf