Is there friendly fire?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Sad. Because you know, friendly fire, especially under panick, in games like Arma 3 : ~ 50% of casualties.

Always very fun debriefs :D
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • "According to the most comprehensive survey of casualties (both fatal and nonfatal), 21 percent of the casualties in World War II were attributable to friendly fire, 39 percent of the casualties in Vietnam, and 52 percent of the casualties in the first Gulf War." From Wikipedia.

Proposal: I think we should make units shooting themselves at 50% damage automatically, once they start fighting the enemy 8o

What a statistic. If we'd ever even slightly try to simulate it, our players would lynch us...

//G
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • LoL.

To quote someone

But actually, i find this very interesting that those stats are that close of the experience of a casual military simulator like Arma. Because it's always the same : bad reco, bad intel, bad communication. At 600 m, nothing looks like more an hostile than any man in a military suit.

However, to get back on the game, "Friendly fire" could be interesting for nukes, as it would (in occurence) seems pretty logical. After all, i had a fight in Africa, in one of my cities. I nuked myself (the importance of psychological warfare : always act more mad than the opponent), and the city was sent back to stone age, as well as the ennemy troops. But my own troops (and ants) were pretty much well and alive ;)
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • Opulon wrote:

(...)

However, to get back on the game, "Friendly fire" could be interesting for nukes, as it would (in occurence) seems pretty logical. After all, i had a fight in Africa, in one of my cities. I nuked myself (the importance of psychological warfare : always act more mad than the opponent), and the city was sent back to stone age, as well as the ennemy troops. But my own troops (and ants) were pretty much well and alive ;) (...)

What a strategy xD Need to check it too :D
    • Don't forget the cockroaches! I feel like someone ought to develop a WMD that actually kills all the bugs we hate, rather than leaving them to be the irradiated overlords of an unrecognizable Earth...

Opulon wrote:

LoL.

To quote someone

But actually, i find this very interesting that those stats are that close of the experience of a casual military simulator like Arma. Because it's always the same : bad reco, bad intel, bad communication. At 600 m, nothing looks like more an hostile than any man in a military suit.

However, to get back on the game, "Friendly fire" could be interesting for nukes, as it would (in occurence) seems pretty logical. After all, i had a fight in Africa, in one of my cities. I nuked myself (the importance of psychological warfare : always act more mad than the opponent), and the city was sent back to stone age, as well as the ennemy troops. But my own troops (and ants) were pretty much well and alive ;)