Can someone enlighten me pleaseee...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Can someone enlighten me pleaseee...

So I am new to this game but I think I am getting the hang of it... however, yesterday, I made my 1st Strike Craft the f-111 and engaged an enemy moto inf. (AI) and was dealing only 1 dmg per run and taking 3 (advertised 4/4 against inf and armored).
      So I decided to make an account here in the hope someone can clear that up for me as I though it's a bug. Today I have 3 f-111 in a squadron and running bombing runs on enemy and now 3 of them deal 7 dmg (8/15) after first run) and didn't take any dmg at all.

Plus can someone tell me is it ok if I combine my strike craft with superiority fighters for defense. It seemed to me like that might be an issue but I am not sure. Can someone clarify ? :S
    • Hi liamse11,

welcome to the game and the forum. Great to have you with us.
      First off you can definitely combine aircraft to gain better defense (eg. Air Sups defending Strikes) - that's perfectly fine.

Concerning the damages: This is a bit more tricky to explain but I will gladly try. Your level 1 Strikes have a max damage of 4 - which they will only reach if they have overkill (superiority in numbers). To achieve this, a unit needs a factor of 5:1 OFF/DEF or vv.
      So in your case the attacking unit(s) does not have overkill (max damage) and thus the damage is randomized and reduced. Additionally I presume you were attacking units standing in the middle of a city - which adds another -25% damage through unit entrenchment and if it was an infantry it add to this another -25% as unit specific defensive bonus in cities. Considering these values and the random damage generation your result actually is totally explicable.
      About the Counter Damage: this is applied and distributed in likewise fashion. Again random factors come into play - so you can see why your units didn't wipe the floor.

Maybe it would help if we would call it "max. damage" or such to clarify that factors apply... just gave me an idea...
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf