Only one way to win?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Only one way to win?

1) It seems we have only one way to win: expand quick and massive. Every 2 or 3 weeks we have "peace and love" hotfix. Players who take care of moral penalties and global popularity lose time. Careless players have huge advantage of 1st strike and looting spoils. After hotfix markets are open again. No moral penalties for anekting of half neighbourhoods. Nothing.

2) Now AI even cant declare war to aggressor far away. Even with 0 popularity aggressor can have only small number of wars. Nice update "we dont want steamrollers devs" You do everything to make steamrollers "great again".
      3) 4 time stronger HP for transport ships: hello kitty, steamrollers can attack every coast now without own strong navy. Nobody have enough time to kill 4 time stronger transport ships any way. (I talk about average player)
      4) defensive extrastats of armored mobile howits of european doctrin delated. For that price it is not usefull any more: some extra HP dont count, if other have m more fire power for same price.
      5) low levels warheads (CM, BM, ICBM) have too high power. Since TDS need more time for mobilisation (cause of level 5 barracks and level 2 labor) 1st striker with low level chemo CM's has huge advantage.

In all my games i have one of strongest strike force on map, lowest or one of lowest number of zinc coffins, even on my games where i was most hated, i was not steamroller. (I get most hated titel, cause i safed my troops and bombed enemy in city (also somthing Putinlike strategy)). And it was very hard to handle with 70% embargoes and 4+ wars at same time, but i had a tactic for win. Now it is a walk in the park.

May be im too experianced player for that stuff. But every update wich should help players who cant handle it, help steamrollers, so an average player has not a single chance anymore, if he has a steamroller on same map.

My suggestions one more time: a) delay on diplomatic ralationships changes.
      b) stronger popularity penalties for using WMD
      c) lowering transportships HP (for better coastal defence)
      d) AI should be able to declare war against every one with low popularity. Globewide.
      e) delay on units trade
      g) limit on trade partners level of VP's by province and unit trade (players should not be able receive provinces and units from player wich less then 30% of own VP's, and may be even ressources by more then 50% difference of VP's)
      h) make european mobile armored artillery better def stats and higher attack vs armored, so players who have not enough online time can choice european doctrin for better chance of defence.

:cursing:

and try to hear Mike Mc'Lures "outlaw's prayer"
      May be you get more inspiration for fairplay changes in this great game.
    • Hi Last warrior,
      I'd like to thank you for your engagements, it's great to see such involved player. I'd refer to you arguments one by one.

Last warrior wrote:

1) It seems we have only one way to win: expand quick and massive. Every 2 or 3 weeks we have "peace and love" hotfix. Players who take care of moral penalties and global popularity lose time. Careless players have huge advantage of 1st strike and looting spoils. After hotfix markets are open again. No moral penalties for anekting of half neighbourhoods. Nothing.
      AI Love and Peace Hotfixes are meant to be hotfixes that resolved problems with certain AI bugs. That's not intended to be a long-term strategy, as proper AI is in the making.

Last warrior wrote:

2) Now AI even cant declare war to aggressor far away. Even with 0 popularity aggressor can have only small number of wars. Nice update "we dont want steamrollers devs" You do everything to make steamrollers "great again".
      You have misunderstood the fix. AI always declares war back, but due to a bug, for a brief period of time, it was able (on it's own) to declare war upon countries it was not bordering.

Last warrior wrote:

3) 4 time stronger HP for transport ships: hello kitty, steamrollers can attack every coast now without own strong navy. Nobody have enough time to kill 4 time stronger transport ships any way. (I talk about average player)
      That change was introduced in order to balance out recent combat changes.

Last warrior wrote:

4) defensive extrastats of armored mobile howits of european doctrin delated. For that price it is not usefull any more: some extra HP dont count, if other have m more fire power for same price.
      I believe I have explained this already. That was a fix to a setting that was never intended.

Last warrior wrote:

5) low levels warheads (CM, BM, ICBM) have too high power. Since TDS need more time for mobilisation (cause of level 5 barracks and level 2 labor) 1st striker with low level chemo CM's has huge advantage.
      Please also note that not only TDS, but also Mobile Anti-Air and SAM may attack missiles.

I have also read you suggestions and will take them into account while working on relevant issues. Thank you for your input, I'm really glad to such such engaged player.

Regards,
    • Thank you for answer.

Gorczyk wrote:

You have misunderstood the fix. AI always declares war back, but due to a bug, for a brief period of time, it was able (on it's own) to declare war upon countries it was not bordering.
      That what i mean. AI should can declare a war for someone who is globewide aggressor, even if AI dont has a direkt border with aggressor. That would be little help against steamrollers.

Gorczyk wrote:

That change was introduced in order to balance out recent combat changes.
      Low HP's of seatransport were realistic, transport ships are weak point of naval invasion: so some one need decent security convoys to prevent destroying helpless transportships.

But now with 20 HP i can use cheapest units for blocking enemy navy: that is not really what every one wanted to make able.

Gorczyk wrote:

Please also note that not only TDS, but also Mobile Anti-Air and SAM may attack missiles.
      Also really. SAM and AA are only last chance defence against CM's: for lowering damage which CM inflict. CM with 40% HP is not that terrible dangerous as with 100%. But true safity can provide only TDS with SAM and AA together.

Gorczyk wrote:

I believe I have explained this already. That was a fix to a setting that was never intended.
      But in cause of description european doctrin should be most ballanced also i mean should have best defensive skills. Like Superunit of european doctrin mech. infantry. After a hotfix mobile artillery of european doctrin is only expensive and weak unit: before hotfix it had more power vs armored (attack power too, not only defense), and it was really realistic, cause Panzerhaubitze2000 is may be a best armored mobile howits in the world.

Im fine with every change. But we need more active players for clanwars for example, and great number of CoW selfcalled "Pro's" Players mean CoN is not ballanced enough, they dont want even try it a little bit longer. And i mean: average player must have a little bit more chances fighting vs hardcoreplayers/steramrollers/experienced players and any way vs AI's. And that is why i said:
      We need better coastal defence (naval operations are a way to quick here, cause seatransport has even higher speed then land transport). And low HP's of seatransport is most important part of coastal defence.

We need AI fighting steamrollers even without having a border.
      We need one doctrin of three with better defensive skills. And Since european mech. infantry a perfect deffensive unit, then we need another unit for better defense. May be make even tanks 1 damage point stronger defence but 1 damage weaker attack? (most of european strike forces dont use uran munition!)
      We need a little bit cheaper upkeep for cheaper units: 20 eastern tanks are too expensive after 20 days of peace: better 15 western tanks.
      Hotfixes of peace and love are very usefull for new unexperienced players, but like i said a true steamrollers can cheating with it. We need also hard update, but you wrote already it is on TOP. Also we need only wait, till it will be done.

And we need second part of tutorial: new player need learn to have a back up in their core provinces, at least in capitol and 2 provinces with most important ressources.
      I would say we need moral penalty if more then 80% of strike forces are not in core provinces. If players dont understand how to win, then they should feel it!

Nobody want "a walk in the park"-game!