ASFvsASF attack range

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• ASFvsASF attack range

Suggestion about ASF (Air Super. Fighers) having active attack range which would be dependent on the tech lvl of the ASF itself.

I think this would feel more real world because ASFs in the real world don't "clash" into each other nor do they dogfight (very rare), but instead use long range missiles to kill each other.
      This would also benefit high tech ASFs which could damage the enemy before it shoots at them and by that effectively lower the attack factor of the enemy squadron and imminent losses or even destroy the enemy completely and take no losses (depending on the hp and quantity)

I think this would represent a more RL scenario and remove the annoying fact that you lose high tech ASFs to lower tech and even less numbered ASF suqadrons

Would love to hear what you guys think about it.. :love:

Sry if this has already been suggested, but I found similar not equal suggestions. X/
    • I definitely would love to see this implemented! Different ranges for different air superiority fighters would make for an excellent feature! It'd replicate not only the increase in radar range and ability to detect and engage targets with increasingly long-range missiles that occurs as one gets closer and closer to today's technology, but also the decreased emphasis on dogfighting, and the increased emphasis on beyond-visual-range combat in the air today! Perhaps each level could have a different range to simulate advances in missile and radar technology, and stealth aircraft could have the longest range, since they're built almost exclusively for beyond-visual-range engagements, being made to fire the first missiles at their opponent from a far-away distance before their opponent can even realize that there is a plane in the area.