Missiles and Radar Ticks

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Missiles and Radar Ticks

So how do exactly radar ticks work, I read that TDS has an radar tick of 5 minutes.. so that means that once a missile enters the airspace covered by an TDS it can have up to 4m 59sec of flight before being engaged by an TDS ?

If so how can we adjust radar ticks, and can we at all (so that not all TDS have the same radar tick)

Do stacked TDSs have the same radar tick ? So is it better to have overlapping ones ?

I assume the TDS gets its radar tick from the point of the unit creation so lets say we made one TDS at 12am ... so it would go 12:05...12:10...:12:15
      and we make another one at 12:03 which would go 12:08 ...12:13...12:18

Now overlapping such two TDSs would give as greater active defense against missiles than having 2xTDS made at 12:00.

Now if we merge these 2 TDSs with different tick times will they have only one tick time of the one TDS thus making us never merge two TDS for best protection?

I might be going full retard here but that's why I ask.. ;(

The post was edited 2 times, last by liamse11 ().

• liamse11 wrote:

So is it better to have overlapping ones ?
      Simply for purposes of survivability, I overlap ranged air defense units whenever I can. Furthermore, I don't put strategic air defense units in my cities- whenever I can, I put 'em in the suburbs or a neighboring province along the threat axis where they still cover the city I'm trying to protect.
      This forces (no, I'm not sorry about the pun) anybody trying to attack me with a missile to invest units in destroying or distracting my ABM system as well as using a missile barrage to go after my city, or to have their missiles take a significant HP loss (which reduces their damage to me). That's a far more complicated operation to effect than a simple missile strike, and it gives me more opportunities to interfere with their plans.
      "The enemy cannot push a button, if you disable his hand."
      Sergeant Zim, Terran Federation