GAME UPDATE (171130)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• GAME UPDATE (171130)

Dear players,

Today we're treating you with an update that focuses on advanced unit balancing, missile play and aircraft, as well as hosting an improved version of our large World War 2020 map.

World War 2020 - 64 Player Map
      Some of you might be already familiar with the 64 player version of the World Map, which was available during our 4x Speed event. This map is now replacing the current 60 player version during regular game generation.

Balancing
      Motorized Infantry
      • Increased Helicopter damage from 0.5/1.5/1.5/1.5/2/2/2 to 0.75/1.5/1.5/1.5/2/2/2
      • Increased Hitpoints from 15/15/17/18/18/19/20 to 15/15/17/20/20/22/25
      Mechanized Infantry
      • Increased Helicopter damage from 1/1/1.5/1.5/2/2.5 to 1.5/1.5/2/2/2.5/3
      Combat Recon Vehicle

• Increased Helicopter damage from 1/1/1/1.5/1.5/2/2 to 1.5/1.5/1.5/2/2/2.5/2.5
      Multiple Rocket Launcher System
      • Decreased Infantry damage from 5/5/5/7/9 to 3.5/3.5/3.5/5/6.5
      • Decreased Armored damage from 7/7.5/8/9/11 to 3.5/3.5/3.5/5/6.5
      • Decreased Naval damage from 3/3/3/4/5 to 2/2/2/2.5/3.5
      • Increased Electronics price from 650/650/650/800/1000 to 750/750/750/900/1100
      • Increased Manpower price from 450/450/450/625/700 to 500/500/500/675/800
      Mobile Anti-Air
      • Reduced Research level 1 time from 24 hours to 30 minutes
      • Reduced Army Base requirement from level 2 to level 1
      Theater Defense System
      • Decreased Aircraft damage from 9/9/9/11/11/12 to 4/4.5/4.5/5/5.5/6
      • Increased Hitpoints from 10/10/11/13/13/15 to 14/14/16/18/18/20
      Helicopter Gunship
      • Increased Armored damage from 1/1/1.5/2/3/4/4 to 2.5/2.5/2.5/3/3.5/3.5/4/4
      Attack Helicopter
      • Increased Infantry damage from 2/2/3.5/3.5/3.5/5/5 to 2.5/2.5/3.5/3.5/3.5/5/5
      Air Superiority Fighter
      • Increased Infantry damage from 1/1/2/2/3/3 to 2/2/2/2.5/2.5/3/3
      Naval Air Superiority Fighter
      • Increased Infantry damage from 1/2/3 to 2/2.5/3
      Strike Fighter
      • Increased Aircraft damage from 2/2/3/5/5/8/8 to 3/3/4/5/5/8/8
      Naval Strike Fighter
      • Increased Infantry damage from 5/7/9 to 5/7/10
      • Increased Armored damage from 4/6/9 to 5/7/10
      • Increased Aircraft damage from 2/5/8 to 3/5/8
      • Decreased Naval damage from 8/11/15 to 6/8/10
      Naval Patrol Aircraft
      • Increased Naval damage from 3/3/4.5/4.5/6 to 5/5/7.5/7.5/10
      • Decreased Submarine damage from 6/7.5/9/10.5/12 to 5/6.5/8/10/12
      • Increased Hitpoints from 10/10/12/12/15 to 15/15/17/17/20
      • Increased patrol radius from 25 to 75
      Corvette
      • Increased Infantry damage from 1/1/1/2/2/3/3 to 1.5/1.5/1.5/2/2/3/3
      Frigate
      • Decreased Helicopter damage from 8/8.5/9/10/10.5/11/12 to 4/4.5/6/6/6.5/8/9
      Ballistic Missile, Nuclear
      • Decreased Infantry damage from 250/260/275/315/325/375 to 250/260/275/315/325/375
      • Decreased Armored damage from 300/325/350/400/425/450 to 250/260/275/315/325/375
      ICBM
      • Fixed issue where ICBMs would not get enough damage by Anti-Missile Systems
      • Decreased Infantry damage from 500/525/550/575/600 to 400/25/450/475/500
      • Decreased Armored damage from 625/650/675/725/750 to 400/25/450/475/500

Changes
      • Removed Military Pact relation from Diplomacy Options
      • Reduced AI mobilization to reduce the amount of AI units in mid/late games
      • Added Healing indicator to City bar
      • Added notification for Aircraft getting damage from Ranged Anti-Air to log
      • Removed notification for Newspaper articles
      • Unified unit Hitpoints indication for Army Bar and Unit Info Panel
      Fixes
      • Fixed issue with a phantom province for United States on Europe 1990 map preventing said country from being defeated
      • Fixed issue with random nation selector where it was pseudorandom, it is now completely random.
      • Fixed issue where a member of coalition could win the game by achieving single player victory conditions
      • Fixed issue where a game could be ranked with 4 players only
      • Fixed issue where Hitpoints bar could show 0
      • Further refined combat icon for better visibility
      //Your CON Team
      Dorado Games
      Conflict Of Nations

• You can enter in a right of way agreement or share intelligence (later only if you are a member of the security council).

Main reason we removed it was twofold:

a) experienced players abused it by spamming pacts to gain massive intel benefit early in the game
      b) new players were made unwary targets of pacts offered with the simple reason to display all unit movements in order to make them easy prey

Rule number 1 in ever MMO: What can be abused will be abused. Always.
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • Now I cant see if a unidentified object in the air or on the ground or from which country it comes from. Is this a bug or a feature.
      If I cant see if a radar object is a flying object or on the ground Radar is is more for waste. Make the light for the unidentified flying objects white.
      „Morgen, ihr Luschen!“ --- „Morgen, Chef!“ (Ausbilder Schmidt alias Holger Müller bei der Arbeit)

The post was edited 1 time, last by Seele07 ().

• Seele07 wrote:

Now I cant see if a unidentified object in the air or on the ground or from which country it comes from. Is this a bug or a feature.
      If I cant see if a radar object is a flying object or on the ground Radar is is more for waste. Make the light for the unidentified flying objects white.
      I noticed this too.
      Edit: I initially thought the blips were no longer targetable, but I was mistaken.
      I assume if you shoot a missile at an unknown blip that it will give you a box to proceed or cancel to attack a nation you are not at war with?
      I am still not in favor of this change, but it is not as bad as I thought it was at first.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Cyclone46 ().

• Why are nukes nerfed again?

They were "Almost" strong enough to use in the battlefield as a tactic against units, and not just cities.
      They just needed a tad more. And now they are nerfed again and off the table for use.

In their nerfed state, Nukes are used as a novelty only. New players are scared to death of them. In reality, they are not realistic in strength as compared to other weapons and missiles in the game.

For example: I have a game where Brazil bought in for hundreds and hundreds of dollars. Rained ICBM's on me for weeks. Literally over 150 ICBM detonations in my territories. But I am still winning and doing so with only a fraction of the monetary investment of my opponent.
      He seems to have no limit to his pockets. So maybe I still lose. But his 150+ ICBM's only tickled my gigantic and fully Annexed economy. Now I have a TD umbrella that stretches all across the African Continent.
      Now nukes are nerfed again. ok...

I was very pleased with the nuke buff. I've been using them for the first time on a regular basis and in the battlefield.
      Now I will go back to conventional cruise missiles.
    • @Cyclone: you are not taking the new reality of the changed AA and TDS into account. We balance update NEW games, and in the meantime AA and TDS act way different than in your old game... so yes, we think they are better this way until proven wrong. But then, we are already thinking about further AA changes.
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • Yak wrote:

Changes
      • Removed Military Pact relation from Diplomacy Options

Germanico wrote:

You can enter in a right of way agreement or share intelligence (later only if you are a member of the security council).

Main reason we removed it was twofold:

a) experienced players abused it by spamming pacts to gain massive intel benefit early in the game
      b) new players were made unwary targets of pacts offered with the simple reason to display all unit movements in order to make them easy prey

Rule number 1 in ever MMO: What can be abused will be abused. Always.

I don't like when features are being removed just because some players are naive or can't think for themselves. Since my first map in Supremacy, even though I was a total noob to the game mechanics, I was fully aware that every piece of information about my country that I share with others - can be used against me. I mean, seriosuly it's just a common sense, nothing else...

Mil. Pact is an essential and commonly used feature. Coallitions are also important but it's something different.

Don't blame whole community for some abusers. Banning stuff is hardly a solution.
    • I wouldn't say it was "redundant" as as soon as you have five people in a coalition, thats it. My last game it was my coalition VS the world, but one guy was straight up and like "I'm new, please don't bully me and destroy me" so put him all on Mil. Pact and let him see what we did. He never attacked us, we left him alone and all was right.

This process of removing features because a small group abuse them is slightly annoying. But, only time will tell if this is a good move.
    • Germanico wrote:

Commonly used yes, essential? no. If you want to ally yourself get a coalition going. In a way it is simply redundant and thus it was removed.
      Redundant? C'mon...

What if I don't want to show everyone on map than I'm allied with someone? No secret alliances anymore? Or if I want to ally a single nation but not the whole coalition (and vice versa)? Temporary agreements (like, if you want to pass through my territory - show me your troops first)?

I could ask more, but I'm sure differences between MP and Coallition are rather obivious, and they both have their important role.
    • I have had several situations similar to TankBuster, it's how I have trained newbie's and brought them into my Alliance fold. I fill a coalition and have its goal, but having Military Pact with another neighboring super power takes a lot of the tension off. Trust but verify can only be accomplished through MP with non coalition countries, correction, only be accomplished without the expense of AWAC / UAV research to watch every province. We will have to see how this plays out.
      "For what shall it profit a man, if he gain the whole world, and suffer the loss of his soul?" -
    • Unsure which update effected the Naval-based units (amphibs & aircraft) but I find it abolutely ridiculous that we (naval users) are now forced to research all of the land based techs to continue the naval tech tree. That's a lot of time and resources spent on unit tech that isn't even in use. In addition looking at the Naval Air superiority fighter you are wasting funds on the land based fighter while not gaining a single benifit until the naval upgrade opens up on day 15. That leaves you at a 7 vs 11 dmg/def disadvanatage for 7 days (due to the 24 hr research time.)

I am a fan of making reqs similar, but the tech IMO needs to work for both. When you upgrade engines for the land tech, it's easily translatable for naval tech in real life, so progress between naval upgrades should keep the naval amphibious units equal or close to equal with the land counterparts. The current situation for naval tech trees makes those units completely unusable (unless you're a complete idiot and want to waste tons of resources to gain an inferior unit.)

Any other players / devs have thoughts on this?
      -Nobody cares about the Alpha, it's all decided by the Omega.
    • My take on it is that naval fighters (both air superiority and strike) in real life often don't have as good stats as their land-based counterparts. Landing on and taking off from aircraft carriers requires designs that just don't perform to the same level all the time. If you look at the payload mass/loiter time/range of an F/A-18F naval multirole strike aircraft flying off of an aircraft carrier vs an F-15E multirole strike aircraft sortieing from an air base on the ground, the difference is quite notable.
      For this to be manifested in the game is not, in my mind, inappropriate. This limiting impact of real life on in-game combat operations is also present in the Pacific ocean, which it's impossible to fly across. I recognize that this perspective is subject to criticism regarding how much of a game CoN is supposed to be vs a simulation, but I think the dev team is really the place to go to with those concerns, and from my perspective, they've got an answer to the question that they consistently apply.
      "The enemy cannot push a button, if you disable his hand."
      Sergeant Zim, Terran Federation
    • A non-ground related naval tech tree with lower stats than the ground base air tree would be a good design... maybe
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • I am in agreement with lower stats due to the extra capability of being sea-based, but my main complaint is that you spend 7 days at a severe disadvantage whilst essentially wasting resources and research slots on nothing. A player who's familiar with the game can literally wreck somebody with that type of advantage for so long. "Sorry island nations, your land neighbor is going to become almost invulnerable as of day 7 because you chose to go sea."
      -Nobody cares about the Alpha, it's all decided by the Omega.