Trrop Transport

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• We do want players to actually use the ocean once in a while.
      Factually the airlifting of heavy equipment such as tanks is only allowed because it's a lot of fun and reduces the wait - it's one of the least realistic aspects of our game ;)

//G
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • XeNosdfo wrote:

you should be able to use guam instead of Kamchatka
      I don't like the idea of flying across the Pacific because nobody's ever fought a campaign across the Pacific where the only resupply and deployment was from aircraft. (If I'm wrong about this, please do let me know! :) ) I think its unrealistic in a way that doesn't just not contribute to the game, it contributes against the game by causing players to ignore the already underutilized naval units.
      However, if CoN is changed to make it possible to fly across the Pacific, it shouldn't be possible to strategically relocate via airlift any of the vehicles in the "Support" research tab except for the ones that are air assault capable. I would suggest that some of the heavier vehicles in the "Armored" category (MBT, tank destroyer, amphibious combat vehicle) also not be strategically relocatable via airlift. That way there'd be a kind of penalty to not using convoys, but it wouldn't impact you if your enemy wasn't smart enough to exploit it.
      It would admittedly make less stuff strategically relocatable via airlift, but I get the sense that TDS and heavy artillery aren't doing a whole lot of flying over neutral or hostile territory in most games, regardless of whether players are executing intercontinental invasions or not. Also, there'd be a reason to upgrade the towed artillery and mobile anti-air vehicle and surface to air missile units.
      "The enemy cannot push a button, if you disable his hand."
      Sergeant Zim, Terran Federation