Disappearance of troops in a game.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Hi Algarfer, please check the airfield. Usually this happens when you split aircraft in flight. They do not disappear, the simply stack one over the other.

Another possibility is that the airfield was damaged and the aircraft are split in mission.

I always find the planes again after landing and checking.

We are working on a fix for this.
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • Hi guys, thanks for checking and bearing with me. Much appreciated.

We really are trying to understand the issue so your help is extremely valuable.

If I understand you right, you experienced these losses during server outages or major glitches in the game, correct?

Could you describe the exact circumstances of the disappearance, eg. where they were before, what orders they had, if you gave any commands to them before they disappeared, if their cities or bases were attacked, damaged or destroyed?

Also please post the game id's and user names where you noticed these disappearances.

Again sorry for this - right now we are chasing ghosts every time we look into this issue, so anything to solve it will help.

//G
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • I also lost units during update. B47 Stratojet in game 2179669 username maddawg1919. From what I can tell, everything else is there. It was parked at an airfield, by itself and is now completely gone. So it would appear, airplanes were affected. Another player in my game is complaining of 2 missing bombers as well, which were both parked. No orders given. (Yes, I've cycled through all of my units using the arrow keys as well)

My other jets had orders and are still there.

BTW, I've tried for a week now to get my confirmation email (using two different email accounts) and your system seems to be malfunctioning. It hasn't sent me one email, and I click the resend email button every time I log in.

The post was edited 4 times, last by maddawg ().

• Hi again Germanico,

One of my wings of 5 strikers where stationed in Murmansk. They probably had orders to either attack or to patrol an area in Norway around Tromsø.
      Two other wings of 5 where stationed in Leningrad and probably attacking or patroling somwhere in sweden/Norway between Gävle / Umeå.
      The last 5 striker-wing was stationed in Riga and attacking a polish corvette-group not far from the coast of Riga between Riga and Gotland.
      The same Polish corvette-group was attacked by my ship group of 3 or 4 Frigates/Destroyer (Dont remember exactly) - and that ship-group also disappeared.

None of the cities were under attack. The strikers did missions like they had been doing the last days - attacking from air and supporting my ground-forces advance through Finland, Sweden and Norway.

What i DID notice were some strange glitches in the game before server outage. The planes and other forces didnt seem to react on my orders graphically. Only in responses. I figured the server had problems making graphics but still notices the orders. When away a bit from game - and then logged in again (Still before outage) The orders where yet again visually there. I thought the serve had catched up.
      Then all stopped - i did othere IRL stuff - and then i logged on again - and then the forces described earlier were gone.

The last striker-wing of 4 planes was not missing - it did still what i had ordered it to do - attack something in Sweden....

I have had the feeling before that stuff is missing - but i always settled with that i just hadnt found message in log. But... this time not!!

Thats all i can tell about the bug for now. Hope you get something out of it - and game-id snd stuff is (uid=5427248&gameID=2155119)

Regards,
      Gunnar Ellingsen
    • Hello!
      In game 2168496, I (rasczakroughneck, playing as the UK) had what I think were called the 16th strike wing and the 27th strike wing- a wing of 5 strike aircraft and a wing of 4 strike aircraft (not sure which was which) at research level 3. Both wings were assigned to attack single motorized infantry battalions in the Ukraine, and were based out of Kosice, when I last logged on before the server update. From what I can tell when I logged in after the rollback, the attacks may have been successfully conducted, but the attackers are missing (which makes no sense, as the wings were at almost full health). The base of the units was not attacked.
      "The enemy cannot push a button, if you disable his hand."
      Sergeant Zim, Terran Federation
    • Yak wrote:

By any chance, does anyone know if AWAC's remained? From before the update.
      Also, did all your air units disappear or was it only some? Where they entire stacks or particular units?

Providing context will help a lot
      Yak,

At the time, I only had 4 air units. 1 AWS, 1 T5, 1 F11, and 1 B47. The B47 just simply disappeared while parked at an airfield. It's not stacked. I manually cycled through all of the units using the arrow keys, and it's just gone. All of the others remain. Was parked at Tarakan game ID 2179669 username maddawg1919.

Another player is having the same issue according to the news feed in game.

And for clarification purposes. I have since created another B47, and it's still there. For now.

The post was edited 1 time, last by maddawg ().

• Hi there Yak,

I zoomed totally out - and lassoed the whole map. My 20 strikers organized into 4 wings of 5 each are completely gone!

To youre other questions - i didnt have any AWACS.
      No - not all my units disappeard - my 4-plane striker-wing remained. Just the 4 x 5-plane-wings got lost.
      And my ship group was - i think - destroyers and frigates - but i dont know exactly how many. I think two of each... That group got lost.

Game and user-info: uid=5427248&gameID=2155119

Regards
      Gunnar Ellingsen