Boosting Morale in Conquered Provinces

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Boosting Morale in Conquered Provinces

Hello. I know there are several ways to boost the morale in a conquered province, especially an urban one, such as build a hospital or recruiting center. In my opinion, however, the option of using gold, in which 500 gives you a 10% boost, is too pricey. I'd rather see something like a 1,000 expenditure yields a much large jump in morale. In nay case, a 500 expenditure should yield a bigger increase than just 10%. In my opinion. Thanks
    • 500 Gold for a 10% morale gain is the standard for any Bytro game you'd care to name, as far as I know. Supremacy 1914, Call of War, I think New World Empires even uses it - it's just the system in place, and in my experience, it's what works.

The idea behind morale is that immediately after conquest, a province is in a state of upheaval for a day or two* until local troops can settle the populace down. It's a realistic mechanic, and it also sets a pace for offensive campaigns by forcing a player to choose between pressing their advantage and going for broke, or taking it slow and securing the rear lines with troops until morale has stabilized. If Option A is selected, and a few provinces are lost to insurgents, that's the cost of doing business. If Option B, your rear lines are secure, allowing for a continuous chain of logistics, but you have to pace yourself moving forward.

Allowing players to immediately secure the rear and continue advancing with no worries has to cost something, because it offers an advantage that more frugal players aren't willing to sacrifice premium currency to gain. 500 is a good standard, in my opinion, because it forces a Gold-holding player to carefully consider their spending instead of immediately pressing the button without a second thought - it keeps Gold spending in check unless you're the type of player that'll drop a bunch of real cash on Gold, in which case Dorado and Bytro gain a profit and use it to improve the game, meaning that everyone wins in the end.
      "Focus. Control. Conviction. Resolve. A true ace lacks none of these attributes. Nothing can deter you from the task at hand except your own fears. This is your sky."
      ― Arcade Mode, Ace Combat Five: The Unsung War
    • That all makes sense now, because it's also become very clear to me -- painfully -- that moving on from a city once it's been taken quite often results in it going "rogue." Which of course makes sense, since that's what would often happen in a real world situation. So, I guess the lesson is I need to use a bit more patience, or at leave some troops behind in a conquered city as my forces drive forward. Thanks for the post!
    • It's meant to simulate regime change. Regardless of whether or not fighting occurred, conquering and occupying a city is going to result in some form of upheaval. All you can really do is leave a few units in place for a day or two and construct a bunker and/or hospital to try and raise morale faster.

The only instance in which you can take any territory and not have a major drop in morale is if you're liberating your own or a Coalition Ally's home territory.
      "Focus. Control. Conviction. Resolve. A true ace lacks none of these attributes. Nothing can deter you from the task at hand except your own fears. This is your sky."
      ― Arcade Mode, Ace Combat Five: The Unsung War