Different Missions for Aircraft on Patrol

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Different Missions for Aircraft on Patrol

Every time I try to patrol with my stealth fighter SU-T50 PakFa (all three are doing this) and my strike fighters level 4 all they do is attack. Why is this happening? This is happening on two different games I am playing. Is this a known issue? What is the fix?

If I patrol them out of the range where they can not see the enemy they will patrol but If I try to patrol them above any ground units (ntional guard, armor, etc) they just attack whatever random target is there and do not patrol.

The post was edited 1 time, last by moby1kanob ().

• That is...exactly what patrol means, as far as I know. It tells the aircraft to orbit a point you pick, and when it sees units it's able to damage, it attacks them.
      I think the fix you are looking for would be to use an aircraft that is not capable of attacking the units you want to watch for as your patrol aircraft. I recommend a low-level UAV if you're just looking to watch a city, or an AWACS if you want radar and a larger patrol radius.
      "The enemy cannot push a button, if you disable his hand."
      Sergeant Zim, Terran Federation
    • RasczakRough wrote:

That is...exactly what patrol means, as far as I know. It tells the aircraft to orbit a point you pick, and when it sees units it's able to damage, it attacks them.
      I think the fix you are looking for would be to use an aircraft that is not capable of attacking the units you want to watch for as your patrol aircraft. I recommend a low-level UAV if you're just looking to watch a city, or an AWACS if you want radar and a larger patrol radius.
      Then why dont Air superiority do that? They just go and circle an area when you use patrol no matter if there are enemy units or not. And how do you get your air unit to just patrol an area for recon?
    • Hi Moby1kanob,

please be aware that Air Sup and Strikes have different patrol missions:

1) Air Sups on patrol look for incoming air targets - ignoring ground (cause they usually lose against those)
      2) Strikes on patrol look for ground targets, ignoring air targets - for the same reason as above just v.v.

Hope that explains it.
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf