Explosion animations

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• It is an indicator that your unit was damaged and is/was taking damage during the combat tick.

We have a task to lower this cause it’s confusing: so how long would you like to see the damage? I was proposing for a few minutes eg. 10 after damage event to allow for visibility.
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • haha - yeah. Just come forward with some timers. Observe in game what you think would make sense and propose it - I'm glad to give it a try here in the studio.

From my own games I am mostly annoyed by the aircraft explosions - so I was thinking about something like 10 or 15 minutes.

That way there is a "damage" anim of sorts (we couldn't include a smoke trail unfortunately) which would end upon RTB mostly or at least when out of the combat zone.
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • 15 minutes should be enough. Most of reports i got about that were panicked players not understanding why their plane was "exploding" on the ground ^^
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • So are their two types of "damage" animations? 1 ground 1 air? There is the arty blanket explosions, then exploding air ones. If you have the air units smoke like the low morale cities (except a horizontal smoke cloud) that would last 15 minutes would be good.
      "For what shall it profit a man, if he gain the whole world, and suffer the loss of his soul?" -