Holiday Update (171219)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Holiday Update (171219)

Dear players,
      A final update before the end of the year, this one aims to fix some issues in preparation for what lies ahead! The last 12 months have been chock-full of innovating and fixing according to player feedback. We truly appreciate the dedication and support you have given us, and we hope you feel that it was reciprocal. Make sure to stay with us over the holidays for some added fun and excitement, should you grow weary of all the love and peace...

Updated Victory Conditions
      Updated ALL Victory Conditions for all maps and all running games - to reflect the balancing changes of last week

EUROPE 1990 (20 Players) NEW
      • 1 Player Victory: 1250 VP
      • 2 Player Coalition: 1750 VP
      • 3 Player Coalition: 2000 VP

WORLD 2020 (64 Players) NEW
      • 1 Player Victory: 1600 VP
      • 2 Player Coalition: 2750 VP
      • 3 Player Coalition: 4000 VP
      • 4 Player Coalition: 5250 VP
      • 5 Player Coalition: 6500 VP

Fixes and Improvements
      • An issue where patrolling aircraft would refuse to attack uncovered stealth units, unless an attack order was issued.
      • We have released a higher refresh rate specifically for speed games to give better visual feedback for players.
      • All unidentified units are now automatically identified once they enter friendly provinces to give players a better chance for defence.
      • Added a popup when leaving a coalition, warning you that you may finish the game if VP are reached.
      • Included the Victory Condition for each respective coalition in the coalition overview table.
      • Splitting air units now fall into formation, instead of overlaying each other (previously manual in-flight splitting or splitting due to damaged airbases/carrier would cause air units to overlay each other, leading to disappearing aircraft syndrome).
      • Increased Hitpoints for Transport Planes from 5 to 15

Happy Holidays and a Prosperous New Year to all of you!
      //The Dorado Tea
      Dorado Games
      Conflict Of Nations

The post was edited 2 times, last by Yak ().

• Just to point it out before someone negatively comments on it all over the place:

We FIXED the REINFORCING (healing) for gold... which was being bug abused by many players: Now it will cost the normal price of gold, based on HP and unit value and not a flat 50 gold to heal units.
      The system presently uses the units "strength" (an indirect value derived from several unit stats) to assign it a reinforcement/healing base value, modified by the army/stack size.
      This being said, there are mechanics we would like to overhaul in the new year in regards to healing - such as making healing of individual units vs stacks more logical and transparent. but they need to wait until after the holidays.

Hope this explains the process a bit better.

//G
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • Germanico wrote:

We FIXED the REINFORCING (healing) for gold... which was being bug abused by many players:
      I have a recommendation that pertains to using gold to heal units.
      There is one scenario which is extremely annoying and abusive.

A player can currently take just 1 bomber and fly it all over the place, constantly healing. And it is extremely difficult to take it down if they constantly heal it.
      A full stack of strike fighters will not take it down before it can be gold healed again.
      In fact... 3 full stacks of 15 strike fighters cannot take down just one bomber. The reason why is that if there is so much as 1 second between the hits, the player can simply heal the bomber to full again between the attacks of each stack.

Yes, i am aware that a stack of AS fighters would resolve this issue. But if there are none available and the lone bomber is packing nukes...
      You end up with a scenario where 1 player using nothing but 1 bomber and some gold bought nukes, can all but defeat an entire team.
      Anytime the enemy tries to build AS fighters, he just nukes the bases. Constantly healing the bomber to full.

We had a guy doing this who was quite skilled at it. Ran us in circles for an entire day. He had to sleep, otherwise he could of kept our entire coalition down with just that one bomber and a little bit of gold.

I like to use gold in pubs too. I am not complaining about the fact that we can heal units. I love it.
      But the indestructible bomber thing is a little much.

What I recommend is having a delay for aircraft to come out of combat. Such as 60 seconds or 120 seconds?
      This way if two stacks of 10 aircraft hit a bomber in the air, it can't be healed between hits.
    • Cyclone46 wrote:

Germanico wrote:

We FIXED the REINFORCING (healing) for gold... which was being bug abused by many players:
      I have a recommendation that pertains to using gold to heal units.There is one scenario which is extremely annoying and abusive.

A player can currently take just 1 bomber and fly it all over the place, constantly healing. And it is extremely difficult to take it down if they constantly heal it.
      A full stack of strike fighters will not take it down before it can be gold healed again.
      In fact... 3 full stacks of 15 strike fighters cannot take down just one bomber. The reason why is that if there is so much as 1 second between the hits, the player can simply heal the bomber to full again between the attacks of each stack.

Yes, i am aware that a stack of AS fighters would resolve this issue. But if there are none available and the lone bomber is packing nukes...
      You end up with a scenario where 1 player using nothing but 1 bomber and some gold bought nukes, can all but defeat an entire team.
      Anytime the enemy tries to build AS fighters, he just nukes the bases. Constantly healing the bomber to full.

We had a guy doing this who was quite skilled at it. Ran us in circles for an entire day. He had to sleep, otherwise he could of kept our entire coalition down with just that one bomber and a little bit of gold.

I like to use gold in pubs too. I am not complaining about the fact that we can heal units. I love it.
      But the indestructible bomber thing is a little much.

What I recommend is having a delay for aircraft to come out of combat. Such as 60 seconds or 120 seconds?
      This way if two stacks of 10 aircraft hit a bomber in the air, it can't be healed between hits.
      You wont like my opinion on this but i am going to tell you anyway.
      What difference does it make if he uses gold to heal 1 plane 50 times or uses gold to build 50 planes ? If he is using gold to beat you , then he is using gold to beat you , that simple.
    • There is a "desirable wall" for every price. 50 Golds represent, if we take as a reference the "preferred package", 1.5 cent of euros (or bucks). It means that, in theory, your brain will process as an instinctive information that "keeping your planes from death" will cost them between 5 and 10 cents. A price that is so low it doesn't even really need to be "thought". I have several 5 cents in my pocket and it's more a bother than anything : i don't know how i will spend them, and it usually ends in charity, by commodity.

250, on the other hand, implies a bit more pricy decision, that has an echo on the perception of action for players and customers. Cyclone has shown a very good example of "optimised abusive spending" that, i think we can agree on that, doesn't benefit NOR business, NOR gameplay.
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • @Liqter

You have a good question / statement.

But even as CON allows players to do things using gold, it has always tried to keep to some level of realism. Such as your example of 50 aircraft. This could easily happen between Israel and The United States at any moment in today's world. It could happen between Russia and Syria at any moment. Or a half dozen other spots around the world.
      In some cases, it could even be quite literally due to the 3rd world nation discovering a literal gold vein in the earth.
      Even the gold attacks on morale are somewhat attuned to spending money on sabotage.

But you wont be able to convince me that there is a resemblance to reality when 1 bomber can take on 15 strike fighters and instant heal itself forever. A non stealth bomber too.

I can think of more reasons that it is different.
      It is the only unit that comes out of combat instantly after it takes damage. CON draws a line at gold healing while in combat because it takes all of the skill out of the game and just makes it become silly. I view these air scenarios as being on the other side of that line.
    • Cyclone46 wrote:

@Liqter

You have a good question / statement.

But even as CON allows players to do things using gold, it has always tried to keep to some level of realism. Such as your example of 50 aircraft. This could easily happen between Israel and The United States at any moment in today's world. It could happen between Russia and Syria at any moment. Or a half dozen other spots around the world.
      In some cases, it could even be quite literally due to the 3rd world nation discovering a literal gold vein in the earth.
      Even the gold attacks on morale are somewhat attuned to spending money on sabotage.

But you wont be able to convince me that there is a resemblance to reality when 1 bomber can take on 15 strike fighters and instant heal itself forever. A non stealth bomber too.

I can think of more reasons that it is different.
      It is the only unit that comes out of combat instantly after it takes damage. CON draws a line at gold healing while in combat because it takes all of the skill out of the game and just makes it become silly. I view these air scenarios as being on the other side of that line.
      How much advantage does a player need ?
      With gold you already can have higher production , unit levels , unit variety , and so on , the list is enormous , gold healing in a pvp game is way over the top and should never be allowed. Nobody should be invincible when they get to the battlefield , make them gold rush level 5 hospitals and heal like everyone else. If they want to buy the win bad enough they will buy more troops to replace losses . At least then other players get the satisfaction of killing endless units before they get overwhelmed.
      Oh , BTW , I just sank the same carrier 4 times-- gold heals.
    • Guys - it will not be changed before Xmas.
      It's the same system as in COW presently, and any changes have to wait until after the holidays...
      We are currently testing one last fix for critical issues we hope to release tomorrow and that's really it.

//G
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • @Liqter

There is a way to defeat a gold user in naval battles.

You separate your vessels and rotate them in and out. The point is to always keep 1 vessel engaged to keep him in combat.
      Use the other vessels to rush ahead of him so he cant escape out of combat. Keep an eye on his shot timer. Be sure that he can not kill your aggressor ship once he gets his shot. (Because it would place him OOC and he can heal).

If you too are a gold user, then the battle changes. You have a 3rd rotation.
      Rotation #1 aggressor ship
      Rotation #2 chaser ship
      Rotation #3 OOC ship to be gold healed.

You rotate them mostly based on which vessels needs an ooc HEAL.
      But you also rotate based on your shot timers. The best ship to heal is a damaged ship that just fired its load.
      The best ship to give chase and use rush is a ship that just fired its shot but is full health.

The larger point here is that with Naval battles there is good strategy to use both with and without gold. Including no gold vs gold users.
      But with that air scenario... the only strategy is hope an ally has a stack of AS fighters or that the enemy goes to bed.

And its ok Germanico You don't have to have a solution this week to make us happy. We are just having a chat :) Enjoy your holiday season!