can never get nation I want

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I've never had that problem. Just try to be more active.
    ''The war with Greece proved that nothing is firm in the military and that surprises always await us.'' -Benito Mussolini
    "You fought unarmed and won, small against big. We owe you gratitude, because you gave us time to defend ourselves. As Russians and as people we thank you." -Moscow Radio To Greeks
  • @sublimagic, i too would love to have greater ability to get the country I want, but just a piece of forum etiquette, saying "if you don't do what i want i'm leaving the game" is kind of childish and will never get anywhere. I commend @Germanico for his very polite and professional response. I would not have been so charitable. Every player at one point or another will find something that frustrates them, I have had more than my share of rants and whines on here, and lucky for me, a quick message from the mods set me straight and I have really tried to not be "that guy" again.

I am not a mod, and @Opulon or any of the other great volunteers that mod the forum, if I am way out of line, please let me know, and this post will be deleted. I am sincerely just trying to help a fellow member. I hope you take this in the spirit it is delivered.

Oh, and I know the dev team will get this feature done eventually, but I also know they work tirelessly and sometimes don't see sunlight for days, in their heroic pursuit of bringing us LHD's. :D wasp.jpg
    ----------------------

Jacopo: Why not just kill them? I'll do it! I'll run up to Paris - bam, bam, bam, bam. I'm back before week's end. We spend the treasure. How is this a bad plan?

Remember that no one ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb idiot die for his country.
  • Don't worry. The era of early access has entitled many into the believe that they could blackmail dev over leaving threats. If they don't like the game they can leave indeed, but their power in this case is silent and contradictory to "i will say to them i'll leave if they don't do what i want". Now, deep down, they are just people liking the game.

It only yields null and negative results, contrary to a "open approach" where you come with stats, extended thinking, and reasonable approach of what the game may be, or what changes may be.

And in terms of Game design, CoN is an excellent example of "hearing to the community", without "obeying the community" which sounds good for a political speech, but doesn't work in any ... well, technical project.

If you want an humorous example of that, the simpsons have dedicated to this problem a whole episode.

Remember things ? yeah :D.

It doesn't forbid to disagree with things or features. My first intervention on the forum was a strong disagreement statement over the Trade removal. Something that was discussed a million time, and i'm still in "emotional disagreement", but there is a point where "we are listening to your feedback" imply they are masters of their choices.

And it asks also a bit of honesty : when we look at every patch note, there is often 50 to 75% of the rebalancing that are inspired by the community and player analysis.
    Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
  • So well said Opulon. I might add to that though, just to say that yes as a player, ok fine.. addict, i have opinions on the games hits and misses. But in the end I am one player, that has been playing this game for .. maybe 18 months? G alone has about 20 years as a game developer. He has insight into game mechanics that I am not able to see. And it is HIS game. Overall my trust has never been misplaced. When they have screwed up, they realize it and fix it. And sometimes as a community we get things wrong. We whinge about the sky falling because X got nerfed, and the game is RUINED! but after a few weeks we are proven wrong and things turn out better.

We as a community must also always remember that although many of us pay for the perks and upgrades, we are guests here. Acting like a boor doesn't get you anywhere, and the other guests just think you are drunk.

That said, Hey G! Where is my LHD Already!!! LOL I truly hope you know I am kidding - I get the technical challenges.
    ----------------------

Jacopo: Why not just kill them? I'll do it! I'll run up to Paris - bam, bam, bam, bam. I'm back before week's end. We spend the treasure. How is this a bad plan?

Remember that no one ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb idiot die for his country.
  • I am sorry but where above do I threaten to leave if I don't get my own way like a child?

I was just pointing out it is now harder to select the nation you want now than before, and I cant sit there for hours trying to find a game with the slot open, so could leave if I dont get on a map when my current game ends.

I am sorry if the way I put it made a few snowflakes melt.

Thanks G for the reply that would be a great solution and something I would put my hand into my pocket for.
  • "will you ever bring back the option to create a world map? I can never join a game as who I want to play as its always taken. I guess I will be leaving this game for good once I finish my current map "

Sorry for misunderstanding. For non-native english speakers, this looks like a "if this isn't fixed i will leave" sentence. Mea Culpa maxima
    Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
  • My Grammar doesnt help either, I was frustrated and in a rush.

I do really really like this game but the taking away of creating your own game stopped me from signing up to 12 months security council membership. I was on a months trial before the switch.

I did manage the next day to get on a game but was pot luck it was just spawned as I signed in.
  • sublimagic wrote:

I am sorry but where above do I threaten to leave if I don't get my own way like a child?

I was just pointing out it is now harder to select the nation you want now than before, and I cant sit there for hours trying to find a game with the slot open, so could leave if I dont get on a map when my current game ends.

I am sorry if the way I put it made a few snowflakes melt.

Thanks G for the reply that would be a great solution and something I would put my hand into my pocket for.
    ...Aaaaaaaand this is the kind of comment I meant. "sorry if the way i put it made a few snowflakes melt"???? Listen pumpkin. I was trying to be helpful. Your OP was super douchey. If you can't see how any sane person would read it as "if i don't get my way i am going to leave. and boy will you be sorry then!!" then clearly language isn't a skill you have learned yet.

There is a VERY valid reason why create your games feature went away. Economics. It costs system resources for each instance started. There were a bevy of games with 5 players, as everyone started their own. They would have had to massively scale up their servers to support the user community, and it wasn't profitable. So they forced it that users were limited on the make your own game maps - and suprise! the population of the 50-60-64 player games shot up.

I stand by my comment it was a childish thing to say. I am not calling YOU childish, i said the comment was. Learn the difference tenderfoot. If you can't then I will update my opinion and consider you in fact childish. Now, I am getting a wee miffed, so I am not going to continue down this road. I will simply end up making myself look like a jerk.

I was offering advice from someone that has likely had many of the same frustrations, and unfortunately typed without a filter. I have been taken to the woodshed over them, and I was offering the benefit of my experience. I am sorry if you think constructive criticism is "snowflakes melting" Post count me: 340 you: 25. I have more experience here: Be wise and accept it.

Oh and Opulon, I am surprised at you. You are such a great example of detail oriented, yet in your post you completely forgot to use your sarcasm font. Quel Dommage!
    ----------------------

• sublimagic the game developers work hard to give us a good game. They clearly can't support all the half-empty servers(which is what will happen if people create custom games). And the people who get premium (security council)pay for us to play for free and therefore they get benefits. What is your problem with that?

And btw threatening to leave the game will get you nowhere.

Just my humble opinion.
    Famous quotes from me:
    "Just my important opinion"
    "The best player is the player who is patient, who is clever and who is ruthless."
    "I'm really great at diplomacy, terrible at strategy ;) "