Venomous

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• New Alliance Venomous is looking for a small group of active players to take on the large wolf packing guilds , guilds logging in more than 5 players , drawing 2 or more coalitions and tag teaming solo and small coalitions via multiple flags.
      NATO , Mutual Defense , I am calling you out , expect war on every server i see you on.
      Files
    • I don't ask you to say to me that this is a violation. I ask you to describe me what they do, deeply, with screenshots if possible, in order for us to understand fully how they disrupt the game, and foresee how we can potentially fight them, on a moderation-level.

Don't forget i'm a data/information addict :p.
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • @Opulon
      @Liqter
      I've encountered this a few times.
      Basically it happens when more than 5 people have a connection to each other so they make 2 coalitions and use the same flag but call the second coalition "#2".

I just do not find it troublesome though due to the fact that these guys tend to be absolutely terrible.
      For example, I have a game going now that had 10 players under 1 flag (one called #2).
      - A couple of them died to their own rogue pop spreads.
      - I killed a couple of them.
      - Other players killed off all but the last 2.
      - I do not know what happend to the last 2... but Turkey left the coalition and Russia nuked him. (So evidently it was not going well).

This type of thing has always been my experience with these guys so far.

Now I could see how it would be problematic if Legion started joining each game with 10 players constantly.
      But here is what I think the real problem is:

These guys are using the same flag and so it becomes more noticeable.
      For example... Say you have 3 coalitions A B and C.

If coalition A and C both decide they dislike the players in coalition B and work together to destroy them... this should not be a problem.
      But if coalition A and C have the same flag... all of a sudden the optics make this seem like a problem. But it should NOT be.

In my opinion, over policing the game is more likely to drive away players than allowing some level of abuse to take place.

I think this would go entirely unnoticed if they didn't use the same flag.
    • Cyclone46 wrote:

@Opulon
      @Liqter
      Basically it happens when more than 5 people have a connection to each other so they make 2 coalitions and use the same flag but call the second coalition "#2".

I just do not find it troublesome though due to the fact that these guys tend to be absolutely terrible.
      For example, I have a game going now that had 10 players under 1 flag (one called #2).
      - I do not know what happend to the last 2... but Turkey left the coalition and Russia nuked him. (So evidently it was not going well).

Now I could see how it would be problematic if Legion started joining each game with 10 players constantly.

If coalition A and C both decide they dislike the players in coalition B and work together to destroy them... this should not be a problem.
      But if coalition A and C have the same flag... all of a sudden the optics make this seem like a problem. But it should NOT be.

In my opinion, over policing the game is more likely to drive away players than allowing some level of abuse to take place.

I have a problem with exploit guilds in general. These guys are taking 5 slots in EU under the same flag then 2 or 3 in Africa / Middle east , Asia , sometimes under a coalition flag sometimes errant . Often times these are brand new accounts , probably alt accounts , who attack a rival coalition early on for the purpose of weakening that coalition with an alt before they arrive in the area with their main account.
    • Cyclone46 wrote:

@Opulon
      @Liqter

Yes, it's a problem we had in supremacy too. For those special cases, i think it may be solved through some exhange with the said alliance. I mean, coalitions are here for a reason : they are the upper limit one can win. i agree with your feedback that those players are usually pretty terrible (they are playing in team in solo games, so... i don't think it's because they were that efficient in challenges, lol).

I'll talk a bit of that with the team, even with some leniency the line can be drawn somewhere. Thanks for detailed feedback. Of course, multiaccounts remain perfectly forbidden, and should be reported asap.
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • Opulon wrote:

i agree with your feedback that those players are usually pretty terrible (they are playing in team in solo games, so... i don't think it's because they were that efficient in challenges, lol).
      Weather they are good or not is beside the point. I have been online gaming since Shadowbane en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page. I have been in and out of gaming guilds since and i know an exploit guild when i see one. I can tell you what these guys do but i cannot prove it beyond any doubt.
      If they want to field extra players on a 64 map at least they should have the courage to fly their own flag.
      A couple months ago , if you were attacked early on , lost a home city or even a couple , you could fight your way back into the game , annex a few cities along the way and end with a respectable top 10 or better finish. With decreased production , increases build time/costs , increased annex time/costs and introduction of coalitions , if you have a city captured in the first 5 days of game play you will not recover without spending a lot of gold.In some ways these changes are nice but they are a giant middle finger to the solo player.
      So with that , i am looking for 2 to 4 like minded players to join 64 player maps as a team from day 1.
    • Hello Venomous.
      Im the leader of the World Assault Troops (W.A.T)
      There is currently a war between our coalitions in a 4x speed server. Im playing as Italy and you are the Phillipines.
      Good luck on the war :)
      ''The war with Greece proved that nothing is firm in the military and that surprises always await us.'' -Benito Mussolini
      "You fought unarmed and won, small against big. We owe you gratitude, because you gave us time to defend ourselves. As Russians and as people we thank you." -Moscow Radio To Greeks
    • TolisHellas wrote:

Hello Venomous.
      Im the leader of the World Assault Troops (W.A.T)
      There is currently a war between our coalitions in a 4x speed server. Im playing as Italy and you are the Phillipines.
      Good luck on the war :)
      Take a look at Libya's cities , how they are built up , compare them to yours and mine , especially his rare resources and fuel , you will see that he did not build his military , he bought it.
    • first of all his cities arent better built than mine... his cities are actually quite poor for such a long game....
      ''The war with Greece proved that nothing is firm in the military and that surprises always await us.'' -Benito Mussolini
      "You fought unarmed and won, small against big. We owe you gratitude, because you gave us time to defend ourselves. As Russians and as people we thank you." -Moscow Radio To Greeks
    • And are you really complaining about getting attacked? YOU were the ones who started the war.
    • TolisHellas wrote:

first of all his cities arent better built than mine... his cities are actually quite poor for such a long game....
      That is my point exactly , you built your cities up , Libya did not , if he is not producing resources he is buying them.
      Nam attacked your coalition after i told him not to start any wars , but hay , it on now , not complaining about being attacked , simply pointing out that a 3rd coalition is involved and one of it's members is spending massive amounts of gold , i have spent none , not 1 gold on that server.
    • Libya isnt spending gold at all... He dooesnt need to build up in order to have a production. Lets see , go check at the articles stats. Libya has the biggest production in game simply because he has so many cities. So yeah your point is quite false.
    • TolisHellas wrote:

Libya isnt spending gold at all... He dooesnt need to build up in order to have a production. Lets see , go check at the articles stats. Libya has the biggest production in game simply because he has so many cities. So yeah your point is quite false.
      Not true , he took his land early in the game by spamming numbers of troops that no nation could support at that stage of the game , and levels that the time frame of training does not allow.
    • Ive been ally with him since early game.. and nothing weird occured.. Levels that the time fram of training does not allow? IF you mean research let me remind you we are 69 days in the game buddy... Thats all from me. Not true? Whats not true? He is the country with the most production check the articles..
    • TolisHellas wrote:

Ive been ally with him since early game.. and nothing weird occured.. Levels that the time fram of training does not allow? IF you mean research let me remind you we are 69 days in the game buddy... Thats all from me. Not true? Whats not true? He is the country with the most production check the articles..
      It is game day 48 , he did not need to speed up training today , he did it early on buddy , his production is high NOW because he spent tons of gold early in the game BUDDY.
      Files