Nuke THEM

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• After much anticipation and COST I have researched and build my first nuke - launched it ... watched it drop on a city... pretty explosion and then NOTHING... not a scratch on any buildings (all still full HP) no population dip, no report of army dead... just NOTHING - what a waste - why is this part of the game?
      War is the symptom but not the cause. If you are prepared to address the cause all else will fall in place.
    • was it a tactical cruise missile?

did you refreshed game?

did you send in a scout?

did you read con news in game?

where there any bunkers or missile defense?

where there any enemy units in city?

did you assume a tactical nuke level one on a cruise missile will destroy a city?

Tactical nukes are meant to attack stacks of armored units - not kill cities... that is the job of ballistic or icbm missiles.
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • Even with a tactical nuke lvl 1, against a full bunker city, it's strange that there is absolutely no damage. Worth investigating, if he comes back
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • Germanico wrote:

was it a tactical cruise missile? No - it was Nuclear Warhead launched from a RT 2PM Topol Launcher (ICBN Missile Launcher)

did you refreshed game? - yes I did...

did you send in a scout? - No hence, my nuke to some damage on the way from defences

did you read con news in game? - Yes I did and gave me some random generated answer... i66.tinypic.com/2s6srgx.png

where there any bunkers or missile defense? None.

where there any enemy units in city? I would not know as I had no other units or radar...

did you assume a tactical nuke level one on a cruise missile will destroy a city? As it was not a cruise missile - but a NUKE - the answer is YES considering the devs make a big issue out of realism and historical information (see Annex of City post) - Just ask Japan...

Tactical nukes are meant to attack stacks of armored units - not kill cities... that is the job of ballistic or icbm missiles. - I am not sure you understand yourself which is which - you have three different choices of missile that you can build - A CONVENTIONAL Warhead... - A Chemical Warhead and a NUKE... which as per the game's wording used by a ICBM Launcher will cause devastating damage to cities...

Maybe I expect to much? or did we find another flaw... especially after the cost you had to pay for it.
      War is the symptom but not the cause. If you are prepared to address the cause all else will fall in place.
    • What a waste - so hitting a suburb which I might add was not selected by me but by the cross hair of the nuke which confirmed it to be Paris - only kills the bare minimum - NOTHING in the surrounds? Does not sound very devastating!!
    • No Area of Effect for nukes, due to legacy code.

Suburbs are a no building, 1 population , province.

You could have launched your ICBM in the middle of Alaska and you would had the same result.

If the ICBM was launched on Paris, however... From my own use, a 9 Pop city with airport, industry, military, hospital all lvl 5, without bunker, get reduced directly to 2-3 pop with no building left, and a morale making it probable to revolt the next day.
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • depend on how high you reserched level one nukes are basically only good for troops and tanks , now a level 2 nuke will whipe out everything though i do agree on realism and your statment about japan is spot but they are also trying make it a hard game however a hydrogen bomb would do more damage then what they have the warhead doing but over all i dont thinks a major problem
      • hello

The post was edited 2 times, last by ross222 ().

• Opulon wrote:

No Area of Effect for nukes, due to legacy code.

You could have launched your ICBM in the middle of Alaska and you would had the same result.

If the ICBM was launched on Paris, however... From my own use, a 9 Pop city with airport, industry, military, hospital all lvl 5, without bunker, get reduced directly to 2-3 pop with no building left, and a morale making it probable to revolt the next day.
      Sorry to necro a thread, but I thought it was relevant:
      Does the change in coding to create an AOE mean that this situation wouldn't happen now? Like hitting a suburb would damage the troops in that city? And, out of curiosity, would it also damage the buildings? Or just the troops
    • abradyson1 wrote:

Opulon wrote:

No Area of Effect for nukes, due to legacy code.

Sorry to necro a thread, but I thought it was relevant:Does the change in coding to create an AOE mean that this situation wouldn't happen now? Like hitting a suburb would damage the troops in that city? And, out of curiosity, would it also damage the buildings? Or just the troops
      Yes - chemical and nuclear warheads now have AOE. The splash range varies by missile type. So, for example, everything within range of 50 a Tier 1 ICBM's impact location will get hit (for reference, you can look at the Towed Artillery's range circle). Range of 75 in the case of a Tier 2 ICBM.
      Yes - they damage buildings.
      Yes - they damage troops.

:))
    • Do we have a reference sheet for AoE range ? could be written in the description of tech level, maybe ?

I mean, i'm okay to not have the circle shown on the map, but the increase of lethality is by itself an additional argument to improve the missile tech.

Also, does the server break in the (purely hypothetical, of course) event of an ~500-1000 AoE nuke ? :D
    • Opulon wrote:

Do we have a reference sheet for AoE range ? could be written in the description of tech level, maybe ?

I mean, i'm okay to not have the circle shown on the map, but the increase of lethality is by itself an additional argument to improve the missile tech.

Also, does the server break in the (purely hypothetical, of course) event of an ~500-1000 AoE nuke ? :D
      Important question, that last one. Purely hypothetical, of course. Not that anyone's suggesting we creat a 500-1000 AoE nuke, or anything.... *coughs several times*