Not being able to create custom games?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Not being able to create custom games?

Okay, Pardon my language, BUT WHAT THE FUCK!? Why can't I create a Custom Game? It is saying that I have to be in Security Council? I have the only map I can choose and I haven't changed the name. I want to create a map for the new year for me and my friends without having to drop a few bucks on the game! (I currently can't because I need my money for irl things) so, can someone explain to me what is going on?
      "The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman.Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph." - Thomas Paine

• Creating own games is only a feature for Security Council members.

The only way to get it without dropping a few bucks is to ask a player that is already a member, if they are willing to create you a map, but then it won't be only you and yours friends anymore.

Mover to Questions & Answers.
      Have a nice following day
      - Luoniev

Conflict of nations - PL Team Leader, EN Senior Moderator
    • Just my two cents. JCS, the reason why, as i understand it, that they have limited custom game creation to sec council members is there was previously a high proliferation of maps with very low user populations in the games, so system resources we being used to keep each map going, and there were countless of these maps. Server resources cost money, and so, it was essentially made a perk of being a paid member. If you and your friends want to play a private game as it were, perhaps you could pool your money to get a subscription. A 6 month subscription divided among 6 friends would only be $5 each.

I am not saying whether you have $5 in 6 months to spare, i would hope so, but regardless, the subscription is not what many would call expensive. There are a number of perks beside getting to create games and it really is worth it.

If combined you and your friends do not have $30 for the 6 month subscription, I don't intend any insult, but you can't really complain ... the people that do pay for the subscriptions and buy gold are the ones that are making it possible for a free game to exist. They deserve the benefits of such.

I hope that helps you to understand why the feature is limited and why it is for paying subscribers.
      ----------------------

Jacopo: Why not just kill them? I'll do it! I'll run up to Paris - bam, bam, bam, bam. I'm back before week's end. We spend the treasure. How is this a bad plan?

Remember that no one ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb idiot die for his country.