NUKES

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How do you all feel about using nukes in game?

I'm in game now day 29, pretty good a lot of strategy, invasions its been good til today

2 of My coalition has basically stopped at day 20 just never came back and they were doing well too

The other main coalition my opposition putting up a good fight so now im fighting 2 of the 4, then one of the others (Mali Han Terval) who is in Africa, my home is Japan decides to launch 1 nuke for all my home towns. I know this because I ran intel

So wheres the strategy in that, my opinion its the cowards way out
    • Make threat defence systems and SAM launchers (Threat defence systems are preferable).
      ''The war with Greece proved that nothing is firm in the military and that surprises always await us.'' -Benito Mussolini
      "You fought unarmed and won, small against big. We owe you gratitude, because you gave us time to defend ourselves. As Russians and as people we thank you." -Moscow Radio To Greeks
    • Yeah thats how it works with all the Anti air... I suggest you build lots of them and place them around your country. Every type of air defence sadly has that. What i do is i mobilize anti air and Sam launchers. Then i upgrade them enough to be able to transport them via airlift. I then stack 5 anti air and 5 Sam launchers. Its a super strong combo and ive been in a 5v5 nation war without getting any enemy airplanes in my airspace :). try it out!
      ''The war with Greece proved that nothing is firm in the military and that surprises always await us.'' -Benito Mussolini
      "You fought unarmed and won, small against big. We owe you gratitude, because you gave us time to defend ourselves. As Russians and as people we thank you." -Moscow Radio To Greeks
    • Bohemianation wrote:

Superchan, wheres the strategy in that
      I want to say I personally agree with your philosphy. I only used nukes when I first started playing in my very 1st game. I wanted to see what it was like. I am not sure how many games I have played now I would guess 30 or so and havent even resources them once since then. That being said keep in mind how you build and play is not how everyone else does and if they are available someone will use them. I am actually currently in a game where I am in a coalition with someone that I have played with in the past and he is using them. Now personally I will say this. If you use them I say late game (literally if server is like 100+ days) and you are finishing up. I say this for several reasons. #1 it kills morale. the large loss of civilian life lowers morale which lowers your ability to make resources. #2 the cost a decent amount of resources to make them.

Now in the case I was referring to with my coalition mate he used them very early. (I think like day 10 or so) now I dont use gold I assume he did that is part of the game so whatever but before he used them he mentioned in a message he would. I told him dont my ships were already taking care of the stack he was referring to. my ships were in place I go to bed and wake up and he nuked a stack of 10. that my ships could have cleared out. Now he has lower morale and wasted a nuke for nothing my point is using them carelessly like that is a huge waste. If you want to build them fine it is part of the game.

#1 If they were available and no one used them the developers would be wasting there time with that in the game.

#2 There is a penalty (morale drop from civilian casualty) if you want to deal with that go ahead. Also this is why I do not use them. From a person not using gold this is a lot to overcome. You depend on that resource prodiction

#3 There are defenses for it but I will say if someone is making a lot of them. and just firing a bunch of nukes all over randomly it is very difficult to defend that. I will say that doesnt happen very often. I think because it would take a lot of gold. and although obviously people use gold a good amount (which is not a bad thing by the way) I love this game and it is fun. I do support by buying sc but I like the strategy aspect and choose to play without using gold. But the gold users help the developers make money. Just wanted to add that. Back to subject I dont think it is smart to use that much gold to be able to do that. I have seen it before where you get the nuke message everyday because of 1 or maybe 2 players but it is rare.