Am I the only one, or am I doing something wrong - I can never seem to get a useful number of stealth units until the game is almost over.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Am I the only one, or am I doing something wrong - I can never seem to get a useful number of stealth units until the game is almost over.

Stealth units I find fun to play. Yes you can tell me how they are not significantly more effective than the much cheaper normal versions, but i like to spy on territory before i attack it.

But it always seem that by the time I am able to research the stealth strike fighter, tier 3 drone ( i like them ok!), subs, cm's to make subs useful, and a decent level specfor, i end up with only a few days left in the game. It isn't that I don't have the resources. By late game i have plenty, my economy is developed early, i just don't have the research time to get them done AND field a half decent army too.

Building up to level 5 airbases and having multiple secret facilities with them (enough to be able to build stealths, drones, cm's and specfors) takes a while too, and early game resources are scarce, mid game they are more plentiful, but still considering you need to build enough units and develop them enough to defend and conquer territory, well i end up day 30 arrives and I am building them, the game is almost over.

Am I just trying to have too much? good combat units plus stealth units? I like stealth but they don't replace regular fighters, just because of cost and mobilization time. They are a fun supplement though.

I was thinking that maybe we could have something like the 1990 map that starts with tech at day 14 levels so it doesn't take as long to research, or maybe we might see a return of the mystical third slot?

or am I doing something wrong?
      ----------------------

Jacopo: Why not just kill them? I'll do it! I'll run up to Paris - bam, bam, bam, bam. I'm back before week's end. We spend the treasure. How is this a bad plan?

Remember that no one ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb idiot die for his country.
    • I encountered too your problem. I think i can summarise it that way :

Stealth is only that useful because it gets soft countered by cheap radar T3 units

and to research them ask an industrial and research commitment that make them "disruptive" only in a very short windows of days.

In other words, if you didn't "rushed them" to get them as early as possible, then yes, they will be ... disappointing as fuck.
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.