[Balance] Erase naval base requirement

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [Balance] Erase naval base requirement

Proposition:
      - Erase the requirement of naval base to air anti-navy units.

Arguments:
      There is a strategy that I call "frigates rush". Simply it is to make few frigates and damage all enemy's coastal cities, then conquer by some infantry and run back to the sea, paralyzing enemy for eons.
      Large countries are specially vulnerable. But I saw one funny thing - victim cannot respond in any way (strike fighters but, this is a suicide mission).

Let's say he wants to build anti naval aircraft - he can't. It requires naval base
      Let's say he wants to build naval strike fighters - he can't. It requires naval base
      Let's say he wants to build ASW helicopter - he can't. It requires naval base.
      Bombers? Nah
      Rockets? Frigates will shoot them down, easly.
      Ships - cities blocked
      Maybe coastal city annexation - costs are huge.
      Artillery - too much overall cost for MRL that has proper range.
      You should build ships early - yes, but I have a large country to care about, where more than a half are in deep territory.

I'm thinking - what is the problem with constructing those units listed above (first three of them) in Beijing for example?

Other:
      Maybe naval bases requirement should be reserved only to ships.
      (Because - why naval infantry or amphibious units cannot be produced in every city? Let's say in Bolivia)
      Display Spoiler

"We rarely recognize how wonderful it is that a person can traverse an entire lifetime without making a single really serious mistake — like putting a fork in one's eye or using a window instead of a door."
      - Marvin Lee Minsky

The post was edited 1 time, last by Efreet ().

• Frigates can not take down all of the missiles. Ive been targeted with that strategy and i easily took them down :). Artilleries are also quite usefull.
      ''The war with Greece proved that nothing is firm in the military and that surprises always await us.'' -Benito Mussolini
      "You fought unarmed and won, small against big. We owe you gratitude, because you gave us time to defend ourselves. As Russians and as people we thank you." -Moscow Radio To Greeks
    • Well, It's an early game problem. You don't have missiles (or at least you don't have an endless arsenal), arts have range below 100.
      (And you just losed some homeland cities / structures damaged.)
      Display Spoiler

"We rarely recognize how wonderful it is that a person can traverse an entire lifetime without making a single really serious mistake — like putting a fork in one's eye or using a window instead of a door."
      - Marvin Lee Minsky

The post was edited 6 times, last by Efreet: grammar, more precision ().

• Well, If that's a suggestion for some financial contribution. My argument is : there was some nice gold sum spend to defeat me in last two months (and don't get me wrong, I'm not superstar here). 8) I can support you by loosing (not easy) and I think it's non official agreement with non-premium players.

So back to the point. You could get more gold, if someone could build ex. naval strikes out of coastal cities. : p

Thank you for attention.
      Display Spoiler

- Marvin Lee Minsky

• Yeah I agree, it doesn't make sense why a plane, would need a dock to be built. just because its designed for sea use doesn't mean its built in that much of a different process. It could be to stll keep a balance maybe possibly increase arms industry level cost?
      If you make a man a fire he will be warm for a couple hours, now light a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
    • Exactly. I don't think Lockheed Martin build F-35 lightning 2 carrier version in a harbour do they?

No.

They build them in a factory further inland
      Famous quotes from me:
      "Just my important opinion"
      "The best player is the player who is patient, who is clever and who is ruthless."
      "I'm really great at diplomacy, terrible at strategy ;) "