Questions about the new Update concerning Cruise Missiles and Strike Fighters.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Questions about the new Update concerning Cruise Missiles and Strike Fighters.

So I read the patch notes as they came out and this is a direct quote:

"Removed Cruise Missile Capabilities from Tier 1"

I strongly objected to this but I had other things I was working on. I figured I would deal with it. Getting Level 2 strike fighters before they become functional is not that big of a deal.
    Half the time I do not even have my missiles ready until my fighters are level 2 or above anyhow.

But now I am in a game and My Strike Fighters are level 3 and my Missiles are level 2.
    But I can NOT fire my missiles.

I just hope to god that this is some sort of a mistake.
    I hope to god that level and tier are the same thing. I have never heard the expression "Tier" used in this game before. What could "Tier" stand for if not for "Level"?
    If Strike fighters can no longer fire cruise missiles at all... this is a game killer for me.
    I am not being dramatic here. SF / CM is everything to me. It is the core of everything I do. Not to mention every dime I spend.

It was already bad enough to learn that I am now forced to research Ballistic missiles even though I do not use Ballistic Missiles.

I need someone to explain to me what Tier one means if it does not mean "level".
    And at what point will my Strike Fighters fire my missiles?
  • Hi, tier 1 is not only level 1. You have CMs by the strike fighters at tier 2 and this is level 4.
    Tier means the unit/model. Tier 1 strike fighter western doctrin is the F111, Tier 2 F-15E and tier 3 F 15 Silent Eagle
    Are you in panic if you dont can spam CMs :D ?
    „Morgen, ihr Luschen!“ --- „Morgen, Chef!“ (Ausbilder Schmidt alias Holger Müller bei der Arbeit)

The post was edited 1 time, last by Seele07 ().

• Seele07 wrote:

Hi, tier 1 is not only level 1. You have CMs by the strike fighters at tier 2 and this is level 4.
    Tier means the unit/model. Tier 1 strike fighter western doctrin is the F111, Tier 2 F-15E and tier 3 F 15 Silent Eagle
    Are you in panic if you dont can spam CMs :D ?
    I guess i never noticed the Tiers because I have never looked or cared about the models. It could be vacuum cleaners and toasters for all i care. I am just here for the mechanics and the team aspect of challenges. If this is the case, then it effectively removed CM from Challenges completely.
    Our games are over by day 13.
    And I would not call it "spamming". We usually manage about 8 missiles by the time the cease fire ends. They are very well calculated. Very well placed.
    (And this is just 1-3 of us from a 12 man team. But they are sill very important to the overall strategy and entertainment of the match.)

But here is how it seems to work now:

For the challenges (games without gold) - They have taken all missiles away from us for the duration of the game. Unless someone tries a ballistic, but it is unlikely.

For public games (gold matches) - The end games will be about the same. But no more gold will be spent in early to mid games.
    And it is for this reason that i am not going to freak out yet over the loss of my missiles in challenges. Once they realize this, they will bring it back.

A wise man once said... No profit = No game.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Cyclone46 ().

• Thankfully, your predictions of our income are no way near any realistic value Cyclone.
    I must ask you though to please NOT discuss our business model and decisions, and please refrain from predicting our doom and gloom in the forum.
    Because the opposite is the case actually.

Thanks.

Concerning the fighters: Seele is 100% right about the issue and gave a good explanation.
    "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
  • Alright, and without discussing or mentioning any of those things...
    I ask you this:

Was it your intention to eliminate CM from challenges completely?
    Because that is what the result is when our games are decided prior to day 13 and the CM comes in at 13.
    This used to be the majority of my enjoyment and entertainment.

Now I understand the armor transport nerf. There is really no early counter for armor and destroyers now, except for more of the same...

Additionally... If Strike Fighters are no longer effectively useful vs level 2 infantry in groups of 3 or more, what is your design purpose for them?
    Like I realize they could still kill a lone artillery or tank by itself. But it is unlikely to find such a situation. So why would they be useful?
    And if Strikes are no longer useful, what is the purpose of having AS fighters available during the first week (other than scouting?)

The post was edited 3 times, last by Cyclone46 ().

• I think the change is logical at least historically. It's amazing that at the beginning of the game we could see fighter jets with cruise missiles, while bombers did not yet appear. Now everything fell into place. First bombers with cruise missiles and strike fighters without them, then cruise missiles on strike fighters.

So you will need almost 5 days to build an air base lvl. 4 and an arms industry, another 1 day to build a bomber. On day 7 you will receive an aircraft for cruise missiles.

However, I don't have such a rich experience as Cyclone46 and I can be wrong.
    Индийская кампания (руководство для начинающих в Conflict of Nations)
  • I've never spammed strike fighters, so the update doesn't really concern me. I actually use more submarines(attack submarines) cos I am naval player.
    Famous quotes from me:
    "Just my important opinion"
    "The best player is the player who is patient, who is clever and who is ruthless."
    "I'm really great at diplomacy, terrible at strategy ;) "
  • As others have pointed out. Tier and Level are two distinct things. While the CM capabilities were removed from Tier 1 Strike Fighters, it remains for Tier 2 & 3. Tiers are indicated by the change in Unit Icons and for Strike Fighters they are currently located at Levels 4 (Tier 2) and Level 6 (Tier 3).
    “It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived.”

George S. Patton Jr.
  • Cyclone46 wrote:

That is not "game mechanics".
    what a fail, ****, tier differences are for sure part of game mechanics. Next tier is more expensive and has other price/use relation. And economic/damage is for sure a part of game mechanics.

Lol, i knew long times ago, that TOP players are only game round spammers and point grinders, but you delivered a proof for that. Thank you...
  • Last warrior wrote:

Cyclone46 wrote:

That is not "game mechanics".
    what a fail, ****, tier differences are for sure part of game mechanics. Next tier is more expensive and has other price/use relation. And economic/damage is for sure a part of game mechanics.
    Lol, i knew long times ago, that TOP players are only game round spammers and point grinders, but you delivered a proof for that. Thank you...
    I am not quite sure why it angers you that i do not care about the pretty pictures in the same way that you do or why you feel the need to attack me for it.
    But if you think one needs to associate the game with these pictures to have any particular advantage, then I have a bridge to sell you.
    And you are drastically mistaken.
    The use and damage relationship is not controlled by these pictures, names, or tiers. They are in fact, controlled by levels. Most every level offers a different component to the units stats and abilities, some more drastic than others. Maybe if you were not a "bottom" player, you would know this.
    In fact there was an update a few months ago that made this much more clear.

You may play for the novelty or the military comparison and etc. And I have plenty of respect for that, as about half of the community plays for the same reason.
    I play for the team work and the strategic / aggressive nature of the game. And if you do not respect that, then you should keep it to yourself.
  • I do not agree with the Tier 1/Level 1 SF losing Cruise Missile Capabilities, because many of them were actually early 80s-90s aircraft and could fire off small cruise missiles. Of course, I am talking about Eastern Specific countries, because I am a dirty communist and that is the only doctrine I get. The SU-24 Fencer was in service since 1974 and is still in use today, why wouldn't the Russians (Or other countries) upgrade them to carry Cruise Missiles? Also, you can't really spam Cruise Missiles with the fighters due to the reload times, and limited amount. ;)
    "The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman.Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph." - Thomas Paine