Guerilla warfare units

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Guerilla warfare units

I don't know if this has been discussed before, but we should have more guerrila warfare units. The only one available currently is National Guard and even that takes 8 hours to mobilize. These are my suggestions for units:

Infantry: Improvised Vehicle Infantry(A national guard with less health but 5 hrs mobilization time)

Armor: Improvised armoured car(Like a cheaper CRV)

Air: None

Ships: Fishing gunboat(Essentially guns on small fishing boats, cheaper than corvette but less effective)

Support: None

Missiles: None(Come on guerilla combatants don't have ICBMs)

Just my humble opinion
      Famous quotes from me:
      "Just my important opinion"
      "The best player is the player who is patient, who is clever and who is ruthless."
      "I'm really great at diplomacy, terrible at strategy ;) "
    • The national guard is, in my opinion, already sufficiently cheap and hits the right spot, as the "quickest unit" to mobilise. It also means "the cheapest unit to gold if you're in troubles". I don't think there is a need for an even lowered tier unit.

However, i must admit i like the idea of the fishing gunboat ^^, even if i know it would stand the test of gameplay :D
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • Well maybe they will be. After all guerilla warfare is a major part of modern war(Syrian Civil War, Vietnam war etc.) and this game claims to be one of 'modern war'. Therefore some might be approved.
      Famous quotes from me:
      "The best player is the player who is patient, who is clever and who is ruthless."
    • No. Molotov Cocktails are typically a rioter weapon, something use on the "individual" or "platoon squad". They are not fitted at all for the regimental scale of CoN.
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • BUt molotov cocktails are a big part of guerilla warfare and they don't fit into any category but 'support'. Think about it, they throw those cocktails just as MRLs fire rockets and towed artillery fires bullets.
      Famous quotes from me:
    • I have to say, the country that will use the most of these is NK for obvious reasons:

1.They only have 3 cities and are tiny
      2.They have negative fuel and electronics production at the beginning
      3.They have 2 giant neighbours and 1 pretty powerful country near them(Japan, China and Russia)
      4.SK can overpower them. Easily.
      Famous quotes from me:
    • NK was made playable as an "hardcore" country, to the demand of some players.

This country is basically outside the boundaries of regular gameplay, and such, not reviewed on the radar of "balancing"
    • instead of the infantry vehicle thing, it would make more sense as some sort of organized militia.
      But to me it seems national guard is fine. Although I don't really use it. (I prefer to keep enemies away from my homeland (via naval blockade, or actively invading them. ) I like having set aside devisions in my homeland that can quickly react to threats. (although i may need to look more into national gaurd with the new airlift rules.) I know using armor and Motorised infantry is more expensive, I like how if needed it can shift to offensive roles and fight more variety of units. but thats nothing against national guard, thats just my play style
      If you make a man a fire he will be warm for a couple hours, now light a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
    • Superchan wrote:

Static Yoshi do you like the fishing gunboat idea
      Lol, yeah I think its an okay idea. could be used like a glass cannon (not very much health/defense) but a decent attack.

building on that give the terrorists suicide gunboats maybe?

Lol, its a funny idea for the future
      If you make a man a fire he will be warm for a couple hours, now light a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.