Guerilla warfare units

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Hey I've been offering guerilla warfare in this forum many times... And I've recently read this topic and have a few things to explain.
      Do you know what a guerilla warfare is? Here's what wiki says:

WIKI wrote:

Guerrilla warfare is a form of irregular warfare in which a small group of combatants, such as paramilitarypersonnel, armed civilians, or irregulars, use military tactics including ambushes, sabotage, raids, petty warfare, hit-and-run tactics, and mobility to fight a larger and less-mobile traditional military[1]
      As I see what you are offering is 'total unconditional defence' which is not actually guerilla warfare. Every citizen tries to suppport their forces in armed or unarmed way and defend their homeland at all costs (even if their only ships left are fishing boats). Also national guard isn't a guerilla unit in this game. It is kept in one place like any other conventional unit, capures cities, can't hide, etc., etc. Now about improvized armored car. Well actually I can hardly imagine fighters keeping their hidden armor like tanks or IFV's or whatever in the forest. Making ambushes and then silently retreating and hiding their vehicles again unseen.

''The person, who doesn't defend freedom is not worth for it!'' (lithuanian partisans in the guerrilla war against Soviet Union)
    • My current suggestions:

Infantry: Militia

Armored: Improvised Armoured Vehicle

BOat: Fishing Gunboat(Corvette)
      Refurbished tanker(Aircraft Carrier)
      Armoured cruise ship(Cruiser)
      Anti air fishing boat(Frigate)

Plane:Air sup

1. MErchesmitt Me109
      2. P-51 Mustang
      3. Mig-15
      Strike
      1. ?
      2. ?
      3. ?

Missile: IED

Also if Rogue state is ever made playable they should have this doctrine.
      Famous quotes from me:
      "Just my important opinion"
      "The best player is the player who is patient, who is clever and who is ruthless."
      "I'm really great at diplomacy, terrible at strategy ;) "
    • I don't believe this is necessary why cant you be satisfied with the regular but if Conflict of Nations should do it than so should CoW and S1914 should use and NWE should use it because guerrilla warfare was in the peninsular war and the french resistance or Omar Al Mukhtar or the Armenians in ww1 and maybe Thirty Kingdoms should use it because guerrilla warfare was around when sun tzu wrote the art of war were he recorded "nomadic and migratory tribes such as the Scythians, Goths, Vandals, and Huns used elements of guerrilla warfare to fight the Persian Empire"
      من المبالغة أن ندعو إعلان حماس والجهاد الإسلامي عن تحالف عسكري. إنها رسالة بأن شعبنا متحد في وجه العدوان الإسرائيلي - أحمد ياسين

twitter.com/i/status/1107767831981105153
    • Because normal units are like professional armies. However in reality a lot of combat in the 'modern era' is guerilla warfare(think Syrian Civil War). And since this game claims to represent 'modern warfare' then it should have guerilla warfare.

And yes, it is true that guerilla warfare should be in other games. HOwever 30 kingdoms is being shut down :(
      Famous quotes from me:
      "The best player is the player who is patient, who is clever and who is ruthless."
    • Germanico i was giving him a reason i know you don't have same code but i was giving an example as why guerrilla units wouldn't work its not just modern its old besides how would it benefit you if your getting invaded just use an standing army i can see cheaper units yes but guerrilla warfare is usually used for rebels or rogue nations when do you see a regular sovereign nation with

We don't surrender,we win or we die-Omar Muktar
      من المبالغة أن ندعو إعلان حماس والجهاد الإسلامي عن تحالف عسكري. إنها رسالة بأن شعبنا متحد في وجه العدوان الإسرائيلي - أحمد ياسين

The post was edited 1 time, last by Huthayfah.k ().

• I thought that was the job of the national guard though i mean the are there as the National Guard

We don't surrender,we win or we die-Omar Muktar

• Superchan wrote:

Because normal units are like professional armies. However in reality a lot of combat in the 'modern era' is guerilla warfare(think Syrian Civil War). And since this game claims to represent 'modern warfare' then it should have guerilla warfare.

And yes, it is true that guerilla warfare should be in other games. HOwever 30 kingdoms is being shut down :(
      Well, Syrian civil war isn't the guerilla one. The Afghanistan war would be a good example.

But OK, who cares...

Why do you guys think jets and missiles can somehow be in the guerilla unit list? Only UAV's seems to be useful in guerilla warfare for me. Would be really interesting to see some isurgents preparing airfields, logistics personel, pilots in the enemy territory without enemy noticing. They're probably blind then :D
      Also, the scary IED's... Hard to imagine the way IED's would look in this game because the smallest unit there is batallion. Like 'buy and place 1 000 IED's in the province X'.
      Also the aircraft carriers, even if regular countries like Sweden, Norway, Finland and etc. can't afford aircraft carriers, how can some kind of masked guys with AK rifles be able to do it?

There's less than 1 % of guerilla warfare in your suggestions, however, the ability to control the country and keep resisting and rebeling even after defeat and under occupation seems interresting for me...

''The person, who doesn't defend freedom is not worth for it!'' (lithuanian partisans in the guerrilla war against Soviet Union)
    • Don't you know that ISIS has tons of cash? And I mean yeah the Aghanistan War as well but I don't think ISIS fight with proper armies do they? I don't think North Vietnam did in the Vietnam war either.
      Famous quotes from me:
    • Well technically ISIS is destroyed also the Vietnam war... meh not guerrilla mostly i mean 50% of the war was straight on T-62s V M-60 patton or dien bien phu encirclement i don't see how guerrilla warfare could be used here

Also a conflict you can use is the Yemen civil war the Houthi rebels have used a fishing boat against a corvette launching a RPG at it or holing out in towns and villages with out tanks and using ballistic missiles firing them to enemy Saudi Arabia this would be a guerrilla war also you can thank us Arabs for that ;)

in that case i could see what you mean an war to defend yourself while your army was destroyed are busy elsewhere a quicker and even easier cheaper way to defend your ports or your skies with pick up trucks anti-aircraft

But it would look awkward for a nation like america using pick up trucks or fishing boats to defend itself ?(

We don't surrender,we win or we die-Omar Mukhtar

The post was edited 1 time, last by Huthayfah.k ().

• Asymetric warfare doesn't care for the scale of Conflict of Nations. It has a regimental scale, regarding mostly conventional armies. All guerilla mechanics are streamlined into the insurgent and the revolt chance, due to the limitations of the engine, the game goals, and what a player can do.

IED are not made in order to destroy a regiment operational value. Even with thousands of them, they are per nature a nuisance weapon. Their main goal is political : kill some guys, raise the public awareness for the casualties. Even the infamously known "wood traps" in the vietnam wars, had a more tactical goal than the IEDs.

And Vietnam is an ill example of guerilla warfare, as it would do no honor to both Vietnamese and American Fighters.

The Tet Offensive, launched in January 1968, understood a global plan with 100 tactical goals and 7 strategical patterns, mobilising at the same time a wave of 80 000 fighters, backed by 500 000 troops in the following waves. Does it sound "guerilla" ? The Tet Offensive was a total failure on the military level, and was repelled by the Americans.

Guerilla Tactics were used as tools in the middle of what can be still largely called a conventional warfare. Afghanistan is a far better example of a guerilla war, to some extent. In our 2018 understanding of an insurgency and asymetrical warfare, you usually don't fear for your aerial supremacy, your armored divisions, and your helicopters groups don't get pinned down by a trained group armed with technically advanced weapons.

To get back on the game, National guard is definitely your "para-military" unit for all your need of mass levy in short time. Those guys saved my skin more than once in early games. National guard + bunker lvl 1 can be built in 8 hours, which make them perfect to bolster the defense of your cities, against a rushing opponent.
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.