Rogue State Ideas

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Rogue State Ideas

Greetings !

I wanted to (re)start talking about rogue state ( some of what i posted was in other topics but old one that had no conclusion so i wanted to bring them again into the light .

1. Name the Rogue

- please give them names instead of the generic "rogue" give them names -- we can use the names of former AI countries that where taken or of former player countries that where taken
      - i hate when i look at the newspaper and i see " rogue state hit by insurgent attack " much better if we can see your country or X country hit by romanian rebels or sirian or whatever country was there once .
      - as a side note in the bigining of the game we can use generic terms like - comunist rebels , white , reds and so on ...

2. Armed the Rogue

- when a city is revolting i say let the unit that is spaming there ( the rogue one ) be according with the buildings in that city -- is it a city with a harbor let it spam an isurgent and a level 1 corvette -- does it have level 5 industry maybe a tank and so on ..

3. The luck of the Rogue

I say we give % chances of revolts according with the level of the population -- a city that has level 8 population would have a higher risk of revolting and would need like 4-5 units to be controled and a city with level 3-4 will have lower level .

4. Freedom for the Rogue

In case a city or a region ( a city with provinces ) is revolting and nobody does nothing ( the player is inactive or does not focus on that revolt ) after a while let that city and provinces TURN from a rogue into a AI nation .

The idea is working with "name the rogue" lets say we have chad rogue rebels in your africa colonies and you do not do something after 3 days they become the free Chad AI nation that is forming there .

I am new to this game and i like the idea of the rogue attacks but would like some improvments -- sorry for my mistakes and in case this topic as to long

With respect ,
      Ciphas
    • Nice ideas Ciphas. In my other thread I was talking about Guerilla warfare units, and I think some of those could be used here. For ships, maybe we can use a 'fishing gunboat'(term created in the thread)?

I mean making a tank would be debatable. I think an 'improvised armored vehicle' might be more suitable because ISIS don't make their own tanks and they are very similar to Rogue State.

In terms of naming Rogue state it would be interesting but whether that would be suitable for the 'legacy code' remains to be seen.

And yes I still want playable rogue state although it will never happen according Germanico.
      Famous quotes from me:
      "Just my important opinion"
      "The best player is the player who is patient, who is clever and who is ruthless."
      "I'm really great at diplomacy, terrible at strategy ;) "
    • The 'legacy code' is the code which was carried on from previous games in similar format(Call of War, Supremacy 1914 etc.). Or at least that's what I think. I've only played for 5 weeks so I don't know as much as some guy like Opulon
      Famous quotes from me:
      "Just my important opinion"
      "The best player is the player who is patient, who is clever and who is ruthless."
      "I'm really great at diplomacy, terrible at strategy ;) "
    • Superchan wrote:

The 'legacy code' is the code which was carried on from previous games in similar format(Call of War, Supremacy 1914 etc.). Or at least that's what I think. I've only played for 5 weeks so I don't know as much as some guy like Opulon
      I think thats what it is, but evidently it is very hard to change, and sadly prevents some of our most pressing concerns. (we're talking about you helicopter carriers) Lol.

But anyways thats the issue with most suggested features. I don't know to much about code, but I think its that since large parts of the game are based on the legacy code, changing even a small part of it could mess with pretty much everything and break it. (in the few small games i have coded i have had that happen a couple times, its not fun.)
      If you make a man a fire he will be warm for a couple hours, now light a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
    • I've got a fictional name for the Rogue State, The Lemnautians or how ever you spell it. If anyone here is/was aircrew in the US Military you will understand the reference. No, I am not Aircrew, no I am not in the Military, I just know about them from my dad. Just suggesting a name for them instead of "Rogue State"
      "The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman.Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph." - Thomas Paine

• Hey Guys! Just wanted to see if you guys could come and suggest a few things to me in my thread? Rouge State/Third World Country Tech Tree and Skins (Work in Progress)
      "The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman.Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph." - Thomas Paine

• Ciphas wrote:

1. Name the Rogue

- please give them names instead of the generic "rogue" give them names -- we can use the names of former AI countries that where taken or offormer player countries that where taken
      - i hate when i look at the newspaper and i see " rogue state hit by insurgent attack " much better if we can see your country or X country hit by romanian rebels or sirian or whatever country was there once .
      - as a side note in the bigining of the game we can use generic terms like - comunist rebels , white , reds and so on ...
      It should be expanded beyond naming to rogue states localized to a specific conflict because it's unfair that a player's morale should suffer because of an insurgency on the other side of the map. Instead of the rogue state as an organized government, a legitimate country, they should be localized insurgencies. Not only is a globe spanning insurgency unrealistic, it also becomes a constant negative factor in a country's morale.
    • Sorry about not being active, This site was blocked at my school, I will try to talk to you guys when I can.