API

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Hello Community, hello Team,

quick question, is there an API to the game?

Features I am seeking for:
      • Region/City list with names output based on gamemode
      • Players in the game, their Coalition, City count, Regions, VPs and relation to other countries (may be tactical too much, but it would be harder to code the API for a dev login linked to your account to get only your relation to the players) and Player Type (Active, Inactive, NPC)
      • Your own production statistics (same for countries with shared intel)
      • Your own region informations such as Buildings and Ressource production rate (same for countries with shared intel)
      • Your own troops information (same for countries with shared intel)
      • Feed of the Con News of the game
      • Feed of "List of Events"

Thank you for your help.
      Also, if there is no API, feel free to move this to "suggestions" ;)

pxl
    • No API, for what i know. Neither REST or Soap.
      I don't think the community is big enough to legitimate a developers.conflictofnations.com :D
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • Opulon wrote:

No API, for what i know. Neither REST or Soap.
      I don't think the community is big enough to legitimate a developers.conflictofnations.com :D
      Rest and Soap are APIs, just saying ;)
      Not all APIs are REST but al REST services are an API ;)

But yeah, I know that from eve online, it has a really huge API that is very helpful especially for alliances to manage the members and do strategies :D
    • Indeed this is an valid topic to discuss.

I must state that having an API open to the players at some point in time would indeed be very cool.

If feasible in the near to medium future I really can't say and would need to discuss with my leads.

Thanks for the idea though - will add it to our backlog for further analysis.

//G
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • Germanico wrote:

Indeed this is an valid topic to discuss.

I must state that having an API open to the players at some point in time would indeed be very cool.

If feasible in the near to medium future I really can't say and would need to discuss with my leads.

Thanks for the idea though - will add it to our backlog for further analysis.

//G
      Very welcome :P

For that topic, you could check out the EVE API based on Swagger.io
      (I hope linking to another games API isn't a breach of the rules/advertisement) :D
    • "Rest and Soap are APIs, just saying "

Yep Just saying that because one day, one of our customers was expecting a friendly Rest, and was puzzled to see a documentation about "states" and "process" :D . "I just wanna get the id and post :/, gimme the url and key :/"

If an API is considered, my alliance will make an intensive use of it. It would be a very powerful tool for challenges and education. To be honest, we already tried something with a chrome extension, in order to get some data, but it was a toy, not really effective for an alliance. And we are more Supremacy than CoN (for now :p)

Imagine a military headquarters where each part of the coalitions or players can gather information to a main screen that can be analysed by off game brains :

- Improved decision making process through chain of command
      - Reduction to 0 of the activity need to monitor data and create economic/military plans
      - Automation of gathered data through news, for example to "simulate" the probable economical situation of other countries and/or rivals
      - A Global overview of all games of all members, to be reviewed, analysed, and commanded through the collective intelligence.
      - From the notifications and data gathered, a simplistic map (Risk-like) can be recreated, for better visualisation.

Not speaking about the doors it opens in terms of archives to generate case studies that can then be used to educate new members, pretty much like you record (in some way) the moves of a chess game.

ah... This would be marvelous indeed. This would be the technological breakthrough allowing my alliance to go from fuel to nuclear as a reliable source of energy :)
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.