Right of Way

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Right of Way

I have noticed a problem with Right of Way. Not in a current game, but a previous one.

When it operates both ways, one seems to find oneself inadvertantly at war.

Whether this is the other player changing their settings at the point you use the right of way, or is bug issue, I'm not sure. Some players aren't always honest, so can't be relied upon.

Perhaps there is a way of checking for a bug?
    • Please describe in more detail... "operates in both ways" is not very precise.

What did you and the other player do?
      When did you notice something going wrong after setting ROW?
      etc.

Of course ROW can be abused - you need to be mighty careful whom you allow marching through your country after all...
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • A player proposed a right of way for me and him (me to travel across his territory, he though mine).

When I came to use that, aiming to transit my troops via his airfield which was closest, I ended up in a war situation.

Of course he could have changed his settings upon seeing my troops move - he denied it, but hey :)

I was really just wondering if anyone else had reported something similar.
    • It can happen if you are trying to fly in Air mobile... you need to be careful if you order them to assault they attack - not move unfortunately.
      Maybe that's what happened? It's on our improvement list, but right now we are super-tight on coders due to steam etc coming up.

//G
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • I too have noticed that when you try to land an airmobile inf in a ROW nation that it declares war on them. not sure if this is a feature or a bug but I like it as it prevents my 'Allies" from landing lots of units under the pretense of peace and then raiding quickly.
      As always just my 2 cents

Use Helicopters, Special forces or Stealth. Use your head to play - not the missile button. - Germanico

These terrorists aren't trying to kill us because we offended them. They attack us because they want to impose their view of the world on as many people as they can, and America is standing in their way. - Marco Rubio
    • It's neither nor, really.

Right now Airmobile Units are ordered around via "Move" order from Airport to Airport. If you per chance use the "Air Assault" command (which you can against someone who has given you right of way but not against someone in your coalition for example) you actually Attack said nation.

So I assume this to be the case. Maybe we need to rename it ATTACK or such cause it seems to be misunderstood. Or add a warning message.

Please confirm if this explains it or if there may be some other technical glitch or bug hidden in the game.

//G
    • Germanico wrote:

It's neither nor, really.

Right now Airmobile Units are ordered around via "Move" order from Airport to Airport. If you per chance use the "Air Assault" command (which you can against someone who has given you right of way but not against someone in your coalition for example) you actually Attack said nation.

So I assume this to be the case. Maybe we need to rename it ATTACK or such cause it seems to be misunderstood. Or add a warning message.

Please confirm if this explains it or if there may be some other technical glitch or bug hidden in the game.

//G
      Sadly not. I ordered a Main Battle Tank to move from Airport to Airport using the ROW. It didn't even get to the airport before we were at war.