General Update 180213 (Radar and Balancing)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• General Update 180213 (Radar and Balancing)

Dear players,

While we’ve been hard at work on the Steam version of the game, there are several important changes and updates with the newest version of the game being released today.

Improved Radar Visuals

We have significantly improved the radar and unit detection system to feature different animated colored contact markers for different unit types.
      Green radar blips are air units, gray ones are ground units and blue ones are naval (again unifying radar/sonar here).
      • Added animated radar blips in color code
      • Ensured radar blips are displayed over the actual target without offset

Balancing

Motorized Infantry
      • Swapped level 2 and level 3 researches (Engine upgrade and Man-portable Air Defense)
      • Decreased Aircraft damage from 0.5/1.5/1.5/1.5/2/2 to 0.25/0.25/0.5/1/1/.25/1.25
      Amphibious Combat Vehicle
      • Fixed issue with research requirements missing
      Tank Destroyer
      • Replaced researches
        • Level 3 from Air Assault to Engine Upgrade
        • Level 5 from Reinforced Armor to Air Assault
      • Introduced Reinforced Armor as level 7 research
      • Adjusted Research day available from 2/6/10/13/20/24 to 2/6/11/15/20/24/28
      Mobile Anti-Air
      • Swapped Level 3 and Level 5 researches (Air Assault and Engine Upgrade)
      • Adjusted Research day available from 1/3/6/12/17/23/29 to 1/3/6/11/17/23/29
      Mobile SAM Launcher
      • Swapped Level 3 and Level 5 researches (Air Assault and Engine Upgrade)
      Helicopters
      • Added Scouting Feature to combat helicopters, allowing them to reveal unidentified ground units
      Air Superiority Fighter
      • Decreased Naval Damage from 1.5/1.5/1.5/2.5/2.5/3.5 to 1/1/1/1.5/1.5/2.5/2.5
      Transport Ship
      • Decreased Hit Points from 20 to 12
      Corvette
      • Removed Anti-Missile damage
      • Decreased Attack range from 75 to 50
      • Decreased High Sea movement speed from 3.5/3.5/3.5/3.5/4/4/4 to 1.75/1.75/1.75/1.75/2/2/2
      • Increased Coastal Waters movement speed from 1.75/1.75/1.75/1.75/2/2/2 to 2.5/2.5/2.5/2.5/2.85/2.85/2.85
      Destroyer
      • Renamed level 3 Research from Point-blank Defense to Air Defense Upgrade
      Cruiser
      • Introduced Ranged Anti Air with 25 range
      Aircraft Carrier
      • Introduced Ranged Anti Air with 25 range
      • Decreased Capacity from 5/5/7/7/7/10 to 4/4/6/6/6/8
      • Decreased Unit cost
        • Rare Materials from 1000/1000/1250/1250/1250/1500 to 750/750/1000/1000/1000/1250
        • Money from 4000/4000/6000/6000/6000/8000 to 3500/3500/5000/5000/5000/6500
      • Decreased Research cost
        • Basic Supplies from 2750/3025/3300/3575/3850/4125 to 2500/2750/3000/3250/3500/3750
        • Rare Materials from to 3000/3300/3600/3900/4200/4500 to 2750/3025/3300/3575/3850/4125
        • Money from 7500/8250/9000/9750/10500/11250 to 6000/6600/7200/7800/8400/9000
      Combat Outpost
      • Increased damage reduction from 33%/43%/56% to 33%/50%/65%
      Insurgents Balancing
      • Increased max rebellion chance from 50% to 66% for cities suffering morale between 0% and 25%

Adjustments
      • Unified names of Rogue State/ Local Resistance Leaders to Rogue Leader and Resistance Leader
      • Renamed Armored Regiments to Battalions

Bug Fixes
      • Fixed missile models and unit counters not disappearing after successful attack
      • Fixed non-conquering units such as armored vehicles attacking and fighting in empty enemy provinces
      • Fixed the missing flight vectors for airplanes being issued a patrol order
      • Fixed recent scenarios having incorrect VP requirements
      • Fixed wrong range for Airlift of Tier 2 units
      • Fixed Corvettes not appearing on radar
      • Fixed insurgents being invisible to radar
      • Fixed Cruiser and Aircraft Carrier not having unified radar ranges
      • Fixed ships sometimes not dealing damage to missiles
      • Fixed pathfinder breaking when issuing attack command while in airlift
      • Fixed airlifting artillery causing temporary problems with game loading
      • Fixed Helicopter Gunships level 6 and 7 displaying wrong stats
      • Fixed Aircraft sometimes refusing to accept any order except ferry
      • Fixed a bug where the movement path was only visible to the next order point
      • Fixed naval radar ranges being displayed wrongly
      • Fixed missing Tank Destroyer icons and descriptions
      • Fixed missing Ballistic Missile Sub research info pictures
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf

The post was edited 3 times, last by Germanico ().

• Those new radar blips are perfect. Can't click on them, so they are just visual feedback and i can't "cheat" by calculating "what it is", per the path and shown speed... and best of all... it's sober and discreet.
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • Flugzeugträger sind sowie so schon nutzlos in dem Spiel, Spielt ja keiner und wenn sieht man mal 1 auf eine großen Map.
      10 Flugzeuge sind schon Heftig in dem Spiel, muss man nerfen auf 8 LOL, wenn man dann eine große Division angreift, sind sie alle wieder Down und dafür brauch man dann 30 Tage Forschung für 8 Flieger die sofort Down sind bei guten Spielern . XD
      Man ihr seit so grandios, könnte man meinen, ihr spielt das Spiel gar nicht
      Ich sage ja, Ihr könnt nur ohne plan nerfen, Kompletter Marine Nerf gegen Luftschläge, super durch dacht XD

Nerf Nerf Nerf, aber mal eine Freundesliste einführen, oder Einheiten mal aufwerten ( Wie zb. die Awacs, egal wie viel man Erfoscht, die macht nur Punkte, im RL, klärt die nicht nur Standpunkt auf, sondern auch Anzahl, Typen und Flughöhe).

• Minute counter-example. Three low-rank carriers regrouping while i rebuild some ground units. We are day 49. This is the problem of the carrier in terms of rythm. I began to research them day 25. They are not useless, though. They have a hard time to find their place in the time sheet of developpment, and many players (me included) will prefer to expand full continental, instead of relying on those very expensive units. I will see if the nerf is enough to make them more desirable
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • @Yess_Me - deine persoenlichen Kommentare unter der Guertellinie sind voellig fehl am Platz.
      Dir ist schon klar das wir die Carrier gerade im Preis runtergezogen haben oder?
      Ebenfalls sollte dir bekannt sein, dass auf einem Carrier ca 80-90 Flieger Platz haben und das somit "realistischerweise" im Game ca 2-4 Fliegerstaffeln waeren - je nach Nation...

Ich habe viel eher das Gefuehl das dich im Game irgendwas grundlegend stoert und du nach einem Ventil suchst, diesen Unmut im Forum loszuwerden.
      Das ist verstaendlich aber leider auch echt negativ fuer alle anderen Spieler. Bitte beteilige dich konstruktiv und trage zum Spiel bei oder verlass dieses Forum.

Danke,

//G
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • @Opulon yes - it is a more mid/late unit and I deliberately lowered the prices both of research as well as mobilisation. Let's see if it has any effect.
      I could imagine it more important for island nations tbh. after all there are not that many of them around even in RL - and even in the US there is strong discussion ongoing about their usage:

taskandpurpose.com/heres-aircr…-ready-go-way-battleship/
    • Playing as the USA I get aircraft carriers mid game. As island nations I get them ASAP.

My theory:

Army is most important early game
      Air Force is most important mid game
      Navy is most important late game
      Famous quotes from me:
      "Just my important opinion"
      "The best player is the player who is patient, who is clever and who is ruthless."
      "I'm really great at diplomacy, terrible at strategy ;) "
    • Sorry habe gerade einen mentalen Englischausfall 8| . Wolltet ihr eigentlich noch seperate Hubschrauberlandeplätze auf den Zerstörern, Fregatten ect. einführen? Da gab es doch Probleme mit dem Code oder so.
      Wenn ja könnte man auf den Flugzeugträgern ja auch 1-2 Plätze nur für Hubschrauber reservieren.
      Ansonsten finde ich die Updates bislang gut. Muss nur noch das Live erleben und einem neuen Spiel beitreten.
      „Morgen, ihr Luschen!“ --- „Morgen, Chef!“ (Ausbilder Schmidt alias Holger Müller bei der Arbeit)
    • Very interesting read, even if i find that the writer forgets a bit the fact that the carrier is also the operational headquarters of a fleet. France tried to size down the "command ship" at a frigate size, but it seems it's unable to provide the same array of services than the good old "flagship", whether it's a battleship or a carrier. It may explain why our own navy asks for the deployment of the Charles de Gaulle each time, even it's more costly, instead (or in addition) to (ironically) more modern lighter command ships.

Ultimately, there is only "so much" you can do with a certain amount of qualified crew and officers

About CoN, however, the game doesn't span (except in the very late game maybe :p) this problem ^^.

EXCEPT if long term, you make some kind of fun event where every unit get a futuristic tier 4, for "fun and apocalypse purpoose" ^^

@Seele07 : It's exactly that. Legacy forbids for "separated" capacity between aircraft and helicopters. I agree it would be the best.
    • @Seele07 Man kann immer Helis auf die Traeger setzten.
      Allerdings koennen wir keine Heli-Traeger oder didizierten Heli-Slot-Fregatten etc einfuehren bevor wir nicht den gesamten Traegercode ueberarbeitet haben.
      Wir reden von Monaten hier. Ergo ist das bei uns auf dem Backburner...
    • Das ist mir klar, dass man immer Helis auf Träger setzen kann. Ich wollte halt nur nachfragen, wie der derzeitige Stand ist bzgl. Hubschrauber auf den anderen Schiffen und ob es Sinn machen würde auf den Trägern seperate Hubschrauberplätze einzuführen. Dann natürlich bei level 1 4 Flugzeugplätze und 1 Hubschrauberplatz.
      „Morgen, ihr Luschen!“ --- „Morgen, Chef!“ (Ausbilder Schmidt alias Holger Müller bei der Arbeit)
    • Hmm, also...............

Ich habe absolut nix erwähnt, von irgend welchen Kosten, da die Träger so wie so, billig sind..
      Ich habe von der Erforschung gesprochen. Liest ihr das überhaupt und versteht es?
      Die 30 oder mehr Tage bleiben, auch bei kleinerem Preis............ pfffff

Also eure imaginären 100 Flieger, sind bei mir nur 10.
      Ich Spiele zurzeit mit 3 Ländern nur Marine.
      Ich rechne euch jetzt mal was vor, live im Spiel......

Ich brauche, min. 40 Tage für einen Träger voll zu erforschen, kann dann 10 Einheiten (bei euch 100) drauf packen...
      Damit fliege ich einen Angriff auf eine mittlere Division, OHNE FLAK, wo nur Tanks und inf bei ist..
      Bei dem Angriff, verliere ich min 3 oder 4 (bei euch 30 oder 40) Einheiten.
      Heißt ich kann höchstens 2 Angriffe ohne irgend was durch führen, danach habe ich keine Flieger mehr und dafür brauche ich dann 40 Tage.
      ( Ist eine Flak dabei, verliere ich min 5-7 (bei euch 50-70) pro Angriff).

Dazu kommt, das die Marine, jetzt mit dem Nerf der Fregatte, absolut keine Chance mehr gegen Marschflugkörper besitzt.
      Habe gerade LIVE im Spiel, 4 Fregatten 4 Kreuzer 2 Zerstörer und 1 Flugzeugträger gegen 5 U-Boote mit Marschf. verloren
      Ja das nerft................................ eure nerfs XD

Jetzt mal, zu eurem RL vergleich.
      Wenn wir schon auf die RL schiene gehen, Solltet ihr es auch so machen, das man mit 1 Flieger, ein halbes Land wegbombadieren kann, weil das können die Flieger und Marine im RL.
      Heißt im RL würde 2-4 Fliegerstaffeln + Marine, halb Europa plätten, im Spiel schaffen die nicht mal 1 Division mit Marsch. (wenn man nicht gerade 10 los schickt).

Ihr redet euch das Alles schön, nur durchdacht ist es nicht
    • Seele07 wrote:

einem neuen Spiel beitreten
      Bitte mich einladen, habe keine einzige Runde am Laufen in CoN.

@Doktor Faust: Hast du schon Baikalsee in Reichweite, laut screenshot? :)

My opinion about new carrier: lesser spots could help players use carrier right.

10er carriage was used by most players for two full stacks. Now common player need two carrier for two full stacks, and have 6 spots left for: may be ASW Helli, may be some drones, or what ever. Also new number of spots could help use carrier much better.

Otherwise: i preffered tier two carriers. For example Stack of 3 tier 2 carriers had 21 spots. also 2 full navalstrikers stacks, 1 full naval asf, some drones were hellis possible. now i need instead of three, four tier two carriers, and i would have three spots more. It is ok also. +-15% cheaper for 20% lesser spots, but little bit better AA defence. But cheaper research! Sounds fair enough.