Special Forces Usage

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Special Forces Usage

I build Special Forces 1st time, cause description "stealth if not in combat".

So my expectations:
      I can drive in other countries to scout, wihtout declare war. (like Drones)

1. So my Special Forces Unit passed border on grasslans. Not declare war = fine :)
      (Also no "You declare war to X Box if i planned the route)
      2. Than I drive it into a city to scout. In this city were 2 Tanks + 1 norm. Infantery (No unit revealing the stealth units, like Recon car or so)
      -> But the war starts automatically = sad :(

Is it a bug? Or should it work so?

In my opinion (from the Unit description) it is a bug.
      Cause Special Forces should be stealth until I give the order to attack, or the other country reveal it an declare war.
      But no automatically start war, cause than the sense of Special Forces is nearly zero^^
      Marines or Airborne have the better cost of combat, power and hitpoint effectiveness.

I'm a bit baffled.

Sincerly, SilverRichi
    • Hi SilverRichi,

you actually answered your own question: By moving your stealthy unit onto another neutral or enemy unit they of course started opening fire.
      Imagine Russian Spetsnaz infiltrating a US army base - you would expect the US soldiers to open fire once they detect the special forces, right?
      Please note that we are not simulating individual Seal teams or similar 5-10 man units. We are talking about hundreds of soldiers...

And of course running into an enemy unit on the ground will result in combat.
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • Hi Germanico,

ok thanks. I thought it is more like they are disguised as "tourists" or otherwise.
      And then if combat starts they are in addition there, like unmarked Russian Crim Invader Forces.
      And only a (counter) recon car battalion can reveal my "tourists".

Then can you give me some advice on how to use Special Forces wisely?
      (I see that eastern have additional attack against soft)

But I actually don't see the sense of european and western special forces, so an advice for what and in what way to use would be great. Even if it is "There is no sense - better don't build it"

Best regards, SilverRichi

The post was edited 2 times, last by SilverRichi ().

• They are very good in laying ambushes - letting other units run into a seemingly unoccupied position, creating havoc in the enemies rear area, or in using their terrain bonuses to create traps.
      Another often seen usage is in identifying and eliminating enemy SAM/AA, or ground based missile units.
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf