Siege Warfare: Have you came across it?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Siege Warfare: Have you came across it?

Hello comrades, today i issue you a tactical and strategic dilemma.

Your nation (Nation A) is small, but well armed. You've good tech levels, a well balanced alliance with active players- yet skilled enough to act alone or together. Your small nation is needing to grow, and thus you plan to attack another smaller nation. This nation, Nation B, is a more conventional player: lots of cheap units and generally uses the mad rush tactics. Your over strategy is to take his production centers as quickly as you can, and thus you air force and ground units are prepared to ignore open ground to take these places.

During your invasion, you soon notice that this enemy had became well entrenched, not only in his cites but also around them. The fighting is hard, your air force takes loses in strike air craft and you have to focus on denying him his air fields further to the rear of his nation and striking his supply routes. After brutal fighting, your forces reach several of his cities: your SPA and rockets are in range, but he has made his cities a tomb for your armoured units and infantry. You know you can't delay, as he will be building more units as you speak, but you know that any loses you take during the city fighting will take days, if not weeks to rebuild.

So, from your perspective, do you dig in and start to bombard him from the air and ground, or do you charge your forces in, hoping that you will dislodge him and end his mass producing.

For my answered, i would bombard him for a day, then begin to invade. The new city system with suburbs (EG- North London) makes this sort of fighting risky, but also really realistic.
    • Depends on what my strong forces are. If my strongest is army(like my other China game where I had maxed out MBTs) then I would rush in. It doesn't matter what happens, you know you will smash him.Even if you lose all his infrastructure will be gone.

If I have strong airforce then-nuke, nuke, nuke
      Famous quotes from me:
      "Just my important opinion"
      "The best player is the player who is patient, who is clever and who is ruthless."
      "I'm really great at diplomacy, terrible at strategy ;) "
    • You know planes can use nukes. Fact:Strike fighters can fire nukes.

You should also know a ton of ships can fire nukes. FACT FOR YOU:They can fire nukes.
      Famous quotes from me:
      "Just my important opinion"
      "The best player is the player who is patient, who is clever and who is ruthless."
      "I'm really great at diplomacy, terrible at strategy ;) "
    • Use artillery or missiles to try to destroy his buildings so the player won't be able to build units.
      My best bet will be artillery... Rocket artillery is really useful due to its range and damage.
      I had a similar scenario were my coalition invaded South America, the South American coalition dug in and hid behind their SAM's. I deployed some rocket artillery into the region, and we pushed them out of Brazil's capital and my coalition then picked up the offensive. The entire South American coalition then rage quit.

Rocket artillery and navy is the way to go.

good luck!