Small missile issue

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Sorry for reviving the topic, but i have a missile question, that goes into the opposite direction. My frigates did not do their job.

I have 3 stacks of Ships, each consisting of (all max researched) 1 Cruiser, 2 destroyers and 2 frigates(7 defense against missiles doubled -> 14*2=28).
      they are protecting a bunch of ground forces on ships.

Enemy comes with SF and Bombers.
      A large barrage (10+) of cruise missiles (8HP) targeted at my ships, not the ground forces incoming.
      What should happen?
      A) The frigates destroy the missiles before they do damage because 28 damage from the frigates alone + missile defense from Cruisers and destroyers is much higher than missiles 8HP?
      B) Every ship in my fleet is whiped out because i dont understand the mechanics?

B) happened, but i dont understand why. Can anybody explain? Randomness with this defense number i expect to go down till <1%.

Some days earlier was an attack on an island with 5 SAMs and one of these stacks next to. None of the Missiles did anything. Do frigates work other than SAMs and Theater defense systems?

Thanks
      daifrit
    • I heard from other players that frigates work other than SAMs.

For example
      3 x frigates lvl. 1 can be destroyed by targeting several cruise missiles lvl. 1 because they don't intercept missiles attacking them by direct attack. While 3 x mobile anti-aircraft vehicles lvl. 1 with the same protection against missiles as frigates usually shoot down about ~80% missiles attacking them direct. In other words, Point Defense works for the land units but not for the ships.

Now I'm trying to check this issue in a test game.
      Индийская кампания (руководство для начинающих в Conflict of Nations)