Add a morale boost when capturing a capital

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Add a morale boost when capturing a capital

This idea comes from COW. When you captured the capital of a country, you used to get a morale boost on all your provinces. This was great, especially when you attacked a massive country like Russia that takes days (or weeks) to invade and has a shit ton of provinces, which are difficult to control. That was very rewarding, and also felt realistic.

Now, I understand that you could this feature in your favor to get massive bonuses. Capturing a capital of a small country (just before midnight is even better), when you are engaged in a big war was very handy, for example. If you repeated this everyday, you would never have any rebellions.

To fix this issue, I propose that the morale boost you get from capturing a capital is proportional to the country's size, let's say to the number of its cities. In this way, winning against a small country gets you a small bonus, and winning against someone who possesses an entire continent gets you a massive bonus. Another idea is that you also shouldn't be able to relocate your capital this fast, because it makes it impossible to capture from someone who is careful. Make it 6 or 12 hours or even more instead of 1 hour.

This would be a very great thing to have in the game. It's very annoying to have to keep soldiers days behind the front line for sometimes up to 5 days in a row because a city keeps rebelling. Plus even in the journal, it says that you population cheers when you capture a capital. As it is now, I find the concept of capital useless. It basically just gives +25 for one city (and you get a morale drop when yours is captured, which honestly, as I said, is very easy to avoid).
  • In the first time of CoN we also had this moral boost, because many things from Supremacy/CoW were the same.
    But in a modern war the people are not happy about capturing a capital. And also this is only for noobs to boost the moral and attack the next country. But in modern warfare you have more problems with insurgents.
    This is not a game to rush. This is a game to think.
    „Morgen, ihr Luschen!“ --- „Morgen, Chef!“ (Ausbilder Schmidt alias Holger Müller bei der Arbeit)
  • In the second gulf war the occupied Iraq provinces are happy? Only the US core provinces and the peoples Saddam Hussein had hurt were happy.
    Also in CoW is this very unlogical. Moral boost only for core provinces. All other provinces are more unhappy if the enemy wins.
    „Morgen, ihr Luschen!“ --- „Morgen, Chef!“ (Ausbilder Schmidt alias Holger Müller bei der Arbeit)

The post was edited 1 time, last by Seele07 ().

• It's not against our own interest - we are a different team, with different design, in a different country.
    And quality does not come from piling up features like pancakes...
    But then hey - you never mentioned all the features that distinguish us and make us stand out.

The old farming for capitals unfortunately won't work here - sorry.

//G
    "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
  • Many people play CoN only because of CoW and Supremacy and they have certain expectations. I often see subjects on the forum about bringing back old features and they are systematically turned down. Like the transaction menu, which isn't even finished. Nevertheless I hope that you will keep developing it and trying to make it better.