ABLE ARCHER EVENT NAMED AND SHAMED

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• ABLE ARCHER EVENT NAMED AND SHAMED

Dear participating players,

as promised please find the NAME or SHAME lists for ABLE ARCHER below - obviously only based on the weekend stats.
      These VP WINNERS were derived from the individual games top VP gains, while the QUITTERS/LOSERS are based on number of logins vs. number of joined games, resulting in the least VPs.
      Being the nice people we are, we decided to give the active players a lot more space than the quitters... Hope you concur.

Without further ado, here are both rankings one below the other:

WINNERS (TOP VP)
      RANKPLAYER NAME
      1yaboiconquerer
      2maoude
      3crang
      4Cerberus.
      5EvenGodsFall
      6Opulon
      7InfamousRanger
      8Zimnidava
      9ghost rider flame
      10Superchan
      11boom skrra
      12Olenak
      13Last warrior
      14alexgreen
      15Raisenberg
      16Pyreal
      17Oceanhawk
      18Matrix_T
      19KievBelarus
      20Cyclone46
      21Laxy
      22brenbren1
      23jester1212
      24alibaba001
      25TheUltimateUlm
      26the_leviathan7
      27Acirunity
      28SilverRichi
      29TheFreedom
      30Gen. Richtofen
      31Samuel PM
      32Cyclone46
      33rasssssssssss
      34hamedo31
      35The Black Talon
      36Pakiah
      37BobBobinson
      38Marshal Zukhov
      39AlexanderVucic
      40SilverRichi
      41DahKenape
      42President Jah
      43the great wa
      44ak47_Vert
      45Adolf_Stalin__
      46noskillnoob
      47ahmed karim
      48IllyrianTheFirst
      49123andy
      50Llantwit

... and here the quitters/losers:

QUITTERS / LOSERS
      RANKPLAYER NAME
      1Adewale Ossas
      2Mekleben
      3aaaaaaaajoshua
      4royito de canela
      5n0oboof
      6Jhqwulw
      7K3R4T5
      8thatothermexican7
      9Soviet Republican
      10General Borja

If you find this politically incorrect, please contact your local council representative and file your complaint.
      Optionally you can join the Marines, to prove to yourself and others that you are a not a quitter after all...

//YOUR CON CREW
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf

• Nelva Knight Opulon, to report :

I would like to correct some things related to my AA scenario :

NATO Side :

Gen. Richtofen is listed as a winner. This is him :
      After that, he shamelessly kamikazed east and never came back again. His VP in my AA scenario must be put to the credit of UK and US (mine) forces, as we liberated him. For a player with ten thousands points, i'll say bluntly that his AI played better than him.

I also see SilverRichi (his name appears two times :p), who was Greece in my scenario, and that didn't flee, and prove useful, despite deciding for a good part of the War that Malta was more worthy of all his navy, than the 3 soviet navies in the vicinity.

There is Zolutar, which helped at end of the war in scandinavia.

And there is Charles de Galle, Turkey, who was pierced by a Soviet assault, and reppeled it, with a bit of help.

There is Valhammer, who was the best asset for NATO except US, and that accompanied recklessly every attack, every assault, anticipating allies needs and providing covering fire, especially at sea.

There is also Visar Coli, Spain, that attacked Morocco, and failed, i don't even know how.
      There is also Ryanvsmc, Italy, that attacked Tunisia, and failed, i don't even know how

Not a very good nor communicating team overall, Valhammer and Charles de Galle were the only one i would say have played as in a team. Valhammer, while not talkative, has an obvious experience of team play.

We suffered ~100K casualties, overall, with ~35K for US.

Warsaw Pact :

Sadly, there wasn't any dedicated player except for the Chzeck and USSR player (Germanico moved him) : Marshal Zukhov. He played the Warsaw Pact all by himself, while his """"""allies""""" had merely abandoned the ship. His only allies were :

East Germany, played by STEGEO, a 77K points players that shined by his lack of commitment, as he disappeared after the first evening, without a word. He was the most "high ranked" player on the round, and this behavior isn't worthy of a player wearing an alliance tag, nor a skilled one.

Cuba, played by Gangg, a 7k points player that tried to do what he could to defend against my missile and navy onslaught. (Cuba is really a sitting duck at beginning.)

Ukrainian SSR, played by Jason Ham, a beginner that i will forgive for his lack of understanding of the game.

The best player on the round was Marshal Zukhov, whose valiance didn't falter, even after the annoying lack of basic team respect from most of his teammates.

I'm pretty sure other will have more interesting war stories to tell, with more active maps, as mine was shocking of inept players (and NOT beginners) joining games to leave it immediatly.

This said, let's remember everyone else who fought with discipline : they took great fun in the map, but it is tiring.
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.

• I really don't know.

At that point, i noted in my personal diaries that "NATO shouldn't put excessive faith into spanish reinforcements, if they ever remember that there is a world war out there" :D
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • As one of the unlisted quitters, I'd like to offer my observations.

If memory serves correctly, this was my second match after the initial new player start-up match. Looking back now, I really wish that I had been able to play this event seriously. Unfortunately, this was before I started playing through Steam. There were so many units visible that it was completely unplayable for me. In order to move the map, I had to go to settings and remove the units from view. If I turned unit view back on, the game locked up. Kind of hard to play completely blind. Might be an interesting challenge for some, but I just wasn't up for it.

The other problem I see now was the fact that I was even allowed in the match in the first place. From a player retention standpoint, I understand why a lot of others may have quit. I was in way over my head. For example, the few times I could actually see my units, I noticed a few missile launchers. Having no idea how to use them, I think I ordered the stack they were in to attack and likely suicided them needlessly.

These are not complaints, merely observations. As I said in another post, I'm new to the game and the genre. I don't know if my observations are helpful, but I'll keep offering them in case they are.