Conventional submarine

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Conventional submarine

The submarines in CoN are nuclear submarines.
      My suggestion conventional submarines. This submarines are cheaper, have no CMs and they are in better in coastal seas.

Western doctrin: tier 1= Barbel-Klasse, tier 2= Yūshio-Klasse, tier 3= Harushio-Klasse
      European doctrin: tier 1 Klasse 205; tier 2 Klasse=209; tier 3 = Toledo/Klasse 212a
      Eastern doctrin: tier 1 = Whiskey-Klasse, tier 2 =Foxtrot-Klasse, tier 3 = Paltus(Kilo) Klasse

HP: tier 1 = 18 also in coastal seas; tier 2 = 22; tier 3= 26
      Attack/defense against ships: tier 1 = 7; tier 2 = 9; tier 3 = 11
      Attack/defense against submarines: tier 1=4, tier 2= 9; tier 3 =11
      No malus in coastal seas.
      Requirements: Naval base 2 or 3?, arms industry, research level
      Costs tier 1: components: 500; Manpower: 300; Rare Materials 50; electronics: 900; money: 1500

Speed: 2.50 in high seas; 2.00 in coastal seas
      „Morgen, ihr Luschen!“ --- „Morgen, Chef!“ (Ausbilder Schmidt alias Holger Müller bei der Arbeit)

The post was edited 10 times, last by Seele07 ().

• Normal you dont research conventional and nuclear. If you have a Nation like Sweden or Germany with mostly coastal seas conventional submarines are the better choice. Like the USA the Barbel class was the last non nuclear class.
      „Morgen, ihr Luschen!“ --- „Morgen, Chef!“ (Ausbilder Schmidt alias Holger Müller bei der Arbeit)
    • Not a bad idea. Like a Corvette version of a Submarine (for game purposes).

They could be cheap, mass produced, coastal defense.

Corvettes are nice for coastal defense, but when a larger navy of Destroyers and Cruisers comes in....all it takes is a cruise missile or two and bye-bye Corvettes.
      “It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived.”

George S. Patton Jr.
    • Yes and the most nations dont have nuclear Subs. Theese Subs are useful against troops coming from the sea and have airsupport from strike fighters.
      Corvettes are to weak against aircrafts.
      Normal after implement the conventional Submarines, the Attack submarine must also need a secret weapons Lab.
    • I still think this would be even cooler with some kind of expanded sonar mechanic. Something that would also make the nuclear subs harder to detect. (although in some small cases the conventional are quieter, they can only stay submerged for so long, before having to surface, vs the Nukes can be underwater for as long as their food lasts.)
      If you make a man a fire he will be warm for a couple hours, now light a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
    • The nuclear subs are not harder to detect. It is not a question of nuclear or not to detect a submarine. It is a question of construction. The soviet submarines were not so quiet. The Britisch Astute and the German 212a are very quiet. Astute is a nuclear and the 212a class is a non nuclear class. The German Type 212 class, also Italian Todaro class,[7] is a highly advanced design of non-nuclear submarine developed by Howaldtswerke-Deutsche Werft AG (HDW) for the German and Italian navies. It features diesel propulsion and an additional air-independent propulsion (AIP) system using Siemens proton exchange membrane (PEM) compressed hydrogen fuel cells. The submarines can operate at high speed on diesel power or switch to the AIP system for silent slow cruising, staying submerged for up to three weeks without surfacing and with little exhaust heat. The system is also said to be vibration-free, extremely quiet and virtually undetectable.

My suggestion is that the nuclear sub is stronger in high seas than the conventionel, but the conventionel is stronger in coastal seas.

Germanico was faster :D
    • I did not know that. Thank you. I had always thought they were louder due to engine.
      Alright, so the quietness system I proposed earlier could be based off of a level or something?
      I was thinking that It could be based off of distance from the unit, the closer you are, the easier to detect. or something like that. Not sure if its possible though.
      If you make a man a fire he will be warm for a couple hours, now light a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
    • May be tier 1 can be from annother country, but I prefer class 205. Class 206 is to close to 209.

212a class is the best non nuclear submarine in the world. this must be tier 3;

209 class ist sell to many countries and must tier 2: And many of this nations have in CoN European doctrin
      Argentine NavySalta class1(1*)ARA Salta (S-31) underwent midlife upgrades from 1988 to 1995 and 2004 to 2005.
      (*) ARA San Luis (S-32) stricken in 1997 after incomplete overhaul.
      Brazilian NavyTupi class

Tikuna class
      4(1*)(*) The Tikuna (S-34) is a modified Type 209/1400.

Additional modified Type 209/1400 Tapuia (S-35) cancelled.
      All Type 209's will be fitted with new combat systems capable of using the Mk.48 torpedo.[2]
      Chilean NavyThomson class2SS Simpson (SS-21) is scheduled for refit and upgrade in ASMAR, Chile this year.

SS Thompson (SS-20) refit and upgrade was completed in early 2009, this works include integration of SUBTICS combat management system and BlackShark torpedoes.
      Colombian National NavyPijao class2Both scheduled to be upgraded between 2009 and 2011 in the state-owned shipyard COTECMAR, with the assistance of HDW.[57]
      Ecuadorian NavyShyri class2SS Shyri (S101) is under modernization in ASMAR, Chile since 2009; was slightly damaged after the tsunami in Talcahuano.

SS Huancavilca (S102) is under modernization in ASMAR, Chile since November 15, 2011 with completion scheduled for 2014.[58]
      Egyptian NavyType-209/1400mod class4S41 (861) officially entered service in April 2017.[59]

S42 (864) was handed over to the Egyptian Navy in August 2017.[60]
      Hellenic NavyGlavkos class

Poseidon class
      3(1*)4Glavkos class overhauled under the Neptune I program from 1993 to 2000.

Poseidon class Neptune II upgrade program cancelled, but not before Okeanos (S118) completed the upgrade.[21]
      (*) Glavkos (S-110) was decommissioned on June 9, 2011.s
      Indian NavyShishumar class4Option for two additional Indian built boats not taken up after several reviews.[3]

Equipped with integrated escape sphere for full crew.
      Underwent midlife refits from 1999 to 2005, talks underway with HDW for additional upgrades.[61]
      Indonesian NavyCakra class

Chang Bogo class
      23KRI Cakra was refitted by Daewoo Shipbuilding & Marine Engineering, South Korea between 2004 and 2006.

KRI Nanggala refit contract was awarded to Daewoo in 2009 and completed in 2012.[18]
      (*) Indonesia has awarded DSME a contract for three 1,400 ton Chang Bogo class submarines in December 2011. All three vessels will be commissioned by the first half of 2018.
      Republic of Korea NavyChang Bogo class9Please refer to the Chang Bogo upgrades/variant section for further information.
      Peruvian NavyIslay class

Angamos class
      24Both 209/1100 (Islay class) were locally upgraded in 2008.

Upgrade of the 209/1200 (Angamos class) is in process.
      South African NavyHeroine class3Commissioned between 2006 and 2008 replacing Daphné-class boats.
      Turkish NavyAtılay class

Preveze class
      Gür class
      68Atılay class mid-life refit with AIP propulsion cancelled. Early Atılay class ships will be replaced by Type 214 submarines starting in 2020.[46]

Modernization for S-351 Doğanay and S-352 Dolunay will include new periscopes, ESM, and Inertial Navigation Systems.[62]
      Bolivarian Armada of VenezuelaSabalo class2Sabalo modernized in the state-owned shipyard DIANCA from 2004–2011, included new computer, engineering, mast, and snorkel systems.
    • I really like this idea, because sometimes nuclear submarines just seem too expensive, but, anyway, shouldn't the conventional submarines use up more fuel? Excuse me if I am wrong, but, a nuclear submarine is more fuel efficient than a conventional submarine, because it runs on a nuclear reactor compared to diesel, electricity and fuel.

I really love this idea, and I will love to see it in CON one day, good job!
    • Hi Seele,

I completely like the idea and it is more about us finding time to do it. They would make perfect sense.

I've got it earmarked so I really hope we can get around to adding them sometime in the not so distant future.
      Right now we just have so much on our hands with officers and mobile. But then...

added to design docs.

//G
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf