Cuba

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• On the 1990 European map I think it would be interesting to add the island nation of Cuba below Florida. It would liven up the North American section of the map and would add something that would counteract U.S. control early on. At the beginning, players would be able to chose Cuba. Victory points may have to be redistributed upon the addition of new provinces and cities, but I feel as if it would be worth it. Just a thought, because I feel like that's a lot of empty ocean.
    • I believe Cuba is more important than Syria due to ''historical'' reasons.
      Would be nice having someone over there adding tension to the US
      ''The war with Greece proved that nothing is firm in the military and that surprises always await us.'' -Benito Mussolini
      "You fought unarmed and won, small against big. We owe you gratitude, because you gave us time to defend ourselves. As Russians and as people we thank you." -Moscow Radio To Greeks

The post was edited 1 time, last by TolisHellas ().

• yeah, Cuba added some interesting things when able archer was on. I was US, and I had to keep some troops that I normally would have sent to Europe at home, in case of a Cuban attack. Thankfully Cuba remained neutral in the war, so that attack never came.
      If you make a man a fire he will be warm for a couple hours, now light a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
    • @Superchan Syria had a very important role

In the six day war the Israelis interpreted the closing of the straits of Tiran as an act of war, and attacked Egypt on June 5, 1967, destroying hundreds of airplanes. Russia reacted to Israel's offensive in two ways. Firstly it severed diplomatic relations with Israel and threatened sanctions if fighting with Syria did not cease immediately. Secondly, it told the White House that unless Israel stopped military operations, the Soviet Union would get involved. In the following six days Israel achieved massive victories, until the war ended on June 10, 1967 with a cease-fire.

So yeah Syria almost caused ww3

I come bearing an olive branch in one hand, and the freedom fighter's gun in the other. Do not let the olive branch fall from my hand. Yasser Arafat
      من المبالغة أن ندعو إعلان حماس والجهاد الإسلامي عن تحالف عسكري. إنها رسالة بأن شعبنا متحد في وجه العدوان الإسرائيلي - أحمد ياسين

twitter.com/i/status/1107767831981105153