Tanks, Electronics and Naval Units

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Tanks, Electronics and Naval Units

I have two points to make.

1. Firstly I think tanks/armoured units are far too costly in terms electronics and money when compared to say a frigate how can a tank cost more than a frigate? In real life a tank costs around £4 million and a frigate would be hundreds of millions if not more, the new British type 26 will cost £1 billion each!

2.Secondly I think naval units should be vastly more powerful than they are, with nuclear attack subs being the most powerful naval unit and second in cost only to a carrier, this again reflects real life where most countries aside from the US can only afford around 7, France and the UK only have 7. However Attack submarines also have some of the best sensors in the world, the astute class sub for example is said to be able to be able to detect a ship from one side of the Atlantic

telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/de…r-subs-enter-service.html

This sort of detection range should be reflected in the game. Naval units should be more power but a lot more expensive to produce in my opinion...
    • I understand that a single unit on the game does not represent a single unit, but lets take a comparison a single Tier 1 frigate costs 2k components, 750 manpower and 775 Electronics and 1750 bucks, a single Tier 1 tank costs 1950 components, 600 manpower, 800 electronics and 2000 bucks. So regardless of if a single unit of both represents x amount of units the numbers still do not stack up when compared to real life cost of production and complexity.

Point I am trying to make is tanks are cheap hence why almost every nation on earth has them; and complex large ocean going warships are expensive hence why not every country in the world with a coast and navy can afford them.

So tanks should be far cheaper to produce and naval vessels should be a lot more expensive but a lot more powerful....
    • A Duke-class frigate has a crew size of 185 regarding wiki and Leopard 2 has a crew size of 4. So you either get about 4 frigates or 150 tanks would be interpretation, though I'm no dev so don't know the real thoughts behind.

150 modern Leopard 2 have a mass of 9'100 tons, 4 frigates have displacement of about 20 tons.

Though in reality Duke-class was classified as anti-submarine and not anti-air, so such comparisons are probably not that accurate anyway.

In the end it is a game and not reality, so stats are most likely chosen for balancing reason and not for being realistic. In reality tanks would offer some kind of range attack as well, at least compared to infantry.

In the end I'm not saying that you are wrong, I can't really evaluated such stuff properly, just adding some thoughts.
    • Hi ! Your point is sensible, but game wise, Navies of CoN are not as useful as their real life counterpart. Their comparatively "cheap" price comes with their operational value, that is not "so far" from the tank, in terms of what you can do with them.

I won't compare the cost of an armored division by comparison of some frigates, i feel like it's comparing what eats an elephant and what eats a rhinoceros.

If you want to point out a balance problem with the MBT, i suggest you look at their direct competitors (IFV and Anti-Tank). Pretty sure things can be said, and rebalancing can be made. I do feel that the MBT lacks something to make it "a bit special" in comparison to the IFV. i just don't know what
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • Kalrakh wrote:

A Duke-class frigate has a crew size of 185 regarding wiki and Leopard 2 has a crew size of 4. So you either get about 4 frigates or 150 tanks would be interpretation, though I'm no dev so don't know the real thoughts behind.

150 modern Leopard 2 have a mass of 9'100 tons, 4 frigates have displacement of about 20 tons.

Though in reality Duke-class was classified as anti-submarine and not anti-air, so such comparisons are probably not that accurate anyway.

In the end it is a game and not reality, so stats are most likely chosen for balancing reason and not for being realistic. In reality tanks would offer some kind of range attack as well, at least compared to infantry.

In the end I'm not saying that you are wrong, I can't really evaluated such stuff properly, just adding some thoughts.
      Well I think that's 1 frigate with aditional logistics and other non-combat personal that are not separate units in this game. Same goes with planes, if a lvl 1 squadron has 425 manpower, does that mean there are hundreds in one squadron? Also when I click on a shipe, it writes "Corvette","Frigate" and when I click on a tank it writes at least "batallion".

EvenGodsFall wrote:

I understand that a single unit on the game does not represent a single unit, but lets take a comparison a single Tier 1 frigate costs 2k components, 750 manpower and 775 Electronics and 1750 bucks, a single Tier 1 tank costs 1950 components, 600 manpower, 800 electronics and 2000 bucks. So regardless of if a single unit of both represents x amount of units the numbers still do not stack up when compared to real life cost of production and complexity.

Point I am trying to make is tanks are cheap hence why almost every nation on earth has them; and complex large ocean going warships are expensive hence why not every country in the world with a coast and navy can afford them.

So tanks should be far cheaper to produce and naval vessels should be a lot more expensive but a lot more powerful....
      Do you really think tanks cost cheaper than frigate? Well, you're ingoring a thing like other vehicles such as engineer or mobile HQ's. Ammunition costs, personel costs, you can't just put a soldier in a tank and wish he'll work very well, you need training. Same goes with the frigate.
      Personally, I think in this point game is very well-ballanced

''The person, who doesn't defend freedom is not worth for it!'' (lithuanian partisans in the guerrilla war against Soviet Union)