Missile range and other themes

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Missile range and other themes

Hi there

Missile ranges:

To change the missile ranges was a bad idea, because it was step away from reality. Missile submarines are able to carry missiles withe ranges > 10.000 miles in reality and inside the game the range have bee reduced to 1.000 km. Maybe i am a little bit angry because my plans on ongoings maps based on the "old" ranges! :(

What are the reason for this changes?

Transport:
      Would it be possible to implement "Air Transport units" to transport tanks, Antimissile units,... over very long distances ?
      And at the moment it is impossible to bring your land based Airforce from the westcoast to Austrialia or Indonesia. All my landbased Airwings are "captured" at south- & Northamerica and totally useless for the game now, because the don't have the range to fly across the Atlantic or Pacific (this is far away from reality too).
      My Idea was to create a kind of relocationmode. In this mode the range would be increased, but the the plane would loose all fighting capapilities. (like "Replace rockets and ammunition with fuel pots")

Upgrade Hawaii to a city would help a lot too.
    • I think some of the long distance transport issues could be solved by placing some more island like "depots" along the way, similar to the current Harbor system, if perhaps they could put some neutral air bases strategically based, that would be beneficial.

Also, I totally agree on the ability to airlift tanks, etc. Modern technology allows for the air transport of heavy units like this, I'm not sure why the game prevents it. It would also be cool to have the ability to drop units in places besides an air base. Modern C-130s can do low flying drops just about anywhere there is enough "flat" space for them to go down and get back up.
    • Davy_1976 wrote:

And at the moment it is impossible to bring your land based Airforce from the westcoast to Austrialia or Indonesia. All my landbased Airwings are "captured" at south- & Northamerica and totally useless for the game now, because the don't have the range to fly across the Atlantic or Pacific
      well, west coast of USA, right? I did that in both ways. But of course I owned needed lands like Alaska, Japan, South Asia down to Australia. So technically it is possible, just with cities needed for refuelling. Also, you could transport them by sea (but that would take a long time and perhaps those transports would need naval cover). Other way that could be useful is to level up that types of units (air units have bigger range along the tech tree) - that could also do the trick (of course still all depends on owned or friendly airbases).