How a single Air Superiority can deal infinite damage in one tick

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How a single Air Superiority can deal infinite damage in one tick

I just lost 50% of my army, while air transporting, to this bug :D

How to reproduce it easily:

Send thousands and thousands (10 are enough) ground units via air to another airport. Don't send them together, nor in groups of 5, send them all 1 by 1. So you have thousands of thousands (10 are enough) of air transporters in the air, all on the same spot, tightly grouped. Should look like this:

*Photo*

And now, send a single hostile Air Superiority Fighter on patrol. Let this single hostile Air Superiority Fighter patrol over those air transports. After just 1 tick, the Air Superiority Fighter has attacked all Air transporters equally with FULL streight.

Just like that, I lost 1 air transporter and the HP of the other Air transporters went between 1/5 to 3/5 HP.

Pls fix (make the Air Superiority Fighter split his damage equally)
    • Hey Mc_Johnsen,

Will have to agree with Doktor Faust here, and also there are also other things to consider ( which level of air supp for example ).

Also it also handy to keep in mind to maybe stack such units :)

This being said we will test some scenarios out(this one included) to see if we can catch anything :)
      Alphh
      Community Manager
      Conflict Of Nations | Dorado Games

The post was edited 1 time, last by Alphh ().

• I doubt it is bad luck.
      The Air Sup Fighter was lv1. It can deal up to 5 damage. Air superiority Fighters don't always deal up to 5 damage per tick. It varies.

I had way more than 15 Air transporters. At least 1 Air transporter got killed and ALL OTHERS air transporters got damaged, left with 1 to 3 HP, of 5. That means the single Air Superiority Fighter dealt approx. at least 60 damage. In 1 tick. With an attack streght of 5. That doesn't make much sence!

What else is there to consider? Anti Air? There was none. Everything scouted beforehand with AWACs. Other Air Sup Fighters? No, I was watching the flight closely and all that damage happened at once when the 1 single Air Sup Fighter had his tick.

I meant that the Air Superiority attacked all Air Transporters with normal streght. The Air Sup Fighter didn't get his streght divided. He had his full force of up to 5 damage on each air Transporter.

Pls go test it, I epxlained above how to reproduce it easily. If you think its badluck with 10 transporters. Try with 50, 100. And think how a single Air Sup Fighter, regardless of its level/usual damage, can deal so much more damage.

Not even critical hits with 200-300% more damage could explain such thing.
    • Hello there, let me pitch in to explain it a little:

Mc_Johnsen wrote:

The Air Sup Fighter was lv1. It can deal up to 5 damage. Air superiority Fighters don't always deal up to 5 damage per tick. It varies.
      First of all - thank you for the report and all additional info you have provided. Attack Rating of 5 doesn't mean the unit will deal (up to) 5 damage. Damage dealt is both relative and sunbject to random. Upon brief investigation we have establish that such scenario, even though highly unlikely, is possible. We will investigate it further nonetheless to rule out possibility of bugs.
    • Globally, it's good for the game that "special cases" where one can multiply the damage output pretty much out of nowhere, are deleted.

A good example was the "aircraft stays on patrol after unit elimination", that allowed, with a bit of positioning, to multiply the strike fighter/helicopter/bomber output.
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • Are you sure it was 1 tick? If enemy was online he could make 15 ticks within 10 seconds, after one tick if enemy unit is destroyed you can do immediatly another fight.

Otherwise it seem to be same bug/feature how single airattack inflict several 100% of single damage to several stacks on same spots. (like 1 stack landunit in city, and severals landing stacks of airtransports) single airattack on such city inflict multiplied damage counting of each stack. I would say it is a bug, but my request was not answered, also it is a feature.
    • Yes, I was very sure it was 1 tick. I was watching the flight very closely.
      The hostile Air superiority fighter came to his patrol point, got the patrol, and flew back to refuel.

The bug where you can have multiple ticks after destroying an unit immedeatly was fixed.

It was not possible for him to only attack only 1 air transporter at a time with air patrol because my air transporters were way too tight.

15 different ticks would mean 15 kills, but I believe the hostile Air Superiority fighter only had 1 kill after the encounter. That also doesn't explain why 15+ Air transporter were badly damaged.

The enemy wasn't that smart anways^^