Bugged Transport-Flights

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Bugged Transport-Flights

Not sure if this issue is only on map 2276822 or also affects other maps. I also can't say how this issues is already present. There was long time peace, so it could be that the map is overburdened by the current war.

One of my team even quit the map, because he was not longer able to play properly on this map, so it might be a map specific issue.

However in the last two days I recognized quite some issues with air transport fleets:
      I changed destination and the whole flight got resettet and started with embarking, even though had been in the air for hours.
      or
      I change destination and transport fleet suddenly flies with an enemie unit as destination.
      or
      I sent units from Mopti to Basrah via air transport, but they take ages to arrive. I check remaining travel time and it down to about 2 hours. I check later again and now the remaining travel time is about 8 hours.
      or
      I ordered an unit to fly from Mosul to Faya-Largeau. When I check later, I see this (Karaj has not even an airport):

I changed destination to the correct one and I get immediatly this:

I sent a ticket yesterday or so, but it seemed like a more detailed report would be more fitting.
    • Here is what I have found in these situations:

I changed destination and the whole flight got resettet and started with embarking, even though had been in the air for hours.
      or
      I change destination and transport fleet suddenly flies with an enemie unit as destination.
      or
      I sent units from Mopti to Basrah via air transport, but they take ages to arrive. I check remaining travel time and it down to about 2 hours. I check later again and now the remaining travel time is about 8 hours.
      *** I have had the above happen to me when I fly a unit that has "Fire Control" and the FC is set to "Aggressive", either as individual units, or part of a larger unit. You have to set your FC to "Default" before flying to have it work normally.

I ordered an unit to fly from Mosul to Faya-Largeau. When I check later, I see this (Karaj has not even an airport):
      ***I have seen this around game day change, you set to a "friendly" air base/field destination and mid flight the Rogue Nation occupies/spawns in the intended landing zone. I have also seen this as a symptom of what I described above (the FC setting). There is nothing in the game code to have Strategic Airlift to divert to a next freindly Air Base/field, you have to manually do it, and make sure you don't have "Aggressive" FC on.
      "For what shall it profit a man, if he gain the whole world, and suffer the loss of his soul?" -
    • MallahanJr wrote:

Here is what I have found in these situations:

or
      or
      *** I have had the above happen to me when I fly a unit that has "Fire Control" and the FC is set to "Aggressive", either as individual units, or part of a larger unit. You have to set your FC to "Default" before flying to have it work normally.

***I have seen this around game day change, you set to a "friendly" air base/field destination and mid flight the Rogue Nation occupies/spawns in the intended landing zone. I have also seen this as a symptom of what I described above (the FC setting). There is nothing in the game code to have Strategic Airlift to divert to a next freindly Air Base/field, you have to manually do it, and make sure you don't have "Aggressive" FC on.
      That with fire control sounds odd, but I will try to keep that in mind.

for the second part:
      That can't have been the case: Faya-Largeau was on of my core cities and I never lost it once.

Germanico wrote:

You cannot midair reassign airtransports without them RTB'ing. This is deliberate. If destination cities / airfields are occupied by enemy forces the planes change destination automatically or return.

//G

I often did and still do, even others players have done it to safe their troops, when we are attacking them with Air superiority.

When one airtransport wanted to return because of a bombed airfield, I gave them a different destination close by, and they changed there without issues.

But sometimes it bugs around, suddenly having an enemie unit as new destination or instant going back into embarking.

Regarding MahallanJr: Aggressive stance might be the source of bugs, because my troops are normally on aggressice stance.