Game speed mode: Speed & Sleep

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Game speed mode: Speed & Sleep

After several days of playing on a speed map I am ambivalent about it.

I liked the dynamics of the game but I didn't like very large ingame time gaps when the player is absend. In your absence, the opponent can inflict irreparable damage on you. Secondly, diplomacy does not keep pace with developments.

I propose to consider a new mode. After 6 hours of play at speed x4, the game is frozen for 18 hours (or better 4 hours at a speed x6 with a pause of 20 hours).
      Индийская кампания (руководство для начинающих в Conflict of Nations)
    • My guess would be, most people want to play 4x speed modes, because they keep them occupied around the clock. Putting a game 18 hours on lockdown would kill their fun.

I know from similar games, that night pause tend to be a topic to come up. 6 hours or so during the night a general break, so those who have to work or go to school fall less victim to night raids from those who have more time at their own disposal. Though many people probably would hate them, because they love to night raid the defenseless. ^^
    • We have players who love either or - and some, who like both. And yes - I know the lack of sleep issue.

For faster modes such as 8+ we are definitely going to consider adding a "freeze/sleep" timer.

But that is not even started yet development wise, nor have we actually decided if we want to go that way, so don't hold your breath on it pls.

//G
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • Also remember that not all people have the same time zones.. So it will always be unfair for some.
      ''The war with Greece proved that nothing is firm in the military and that surprises always await us.'' -Benito Mussolini
      "You fought unarmed and won, small against big. We owe you gratitude, because you gave us time to defend ourselves. As Russians and as people we thank you." -Moscow Radio To Greeks