Naval Bugs

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I unlike most players think that a game can be won via strong navy, however the constant bugs make it almost impossible to implement this strategy. Firstly the frigate bug which has been in place for way over a month and still has not been fixed whereby your anti air counts down if another ship in the stack attacks.

The second issue I had today is my ships now could not launch cruise missiles at enemy ships and were simply wiped out by a few planes that could launch cruise missiles, the frigates could not defend against these cruise missiles due to the earlier mentioned frigate bug. Finally I could not even move the ships and no they where not stuck in combat!!

I am a big fan of this game but time is my most precious resource, and if you spend weeks building a strategy around certain units and then they are not working, then you have just thrown away weeks of your life...
    • I do have frigates in every ship stack, the way the game is meant to work is the AA count down should only start if a stack with a frigate is attacked by a plane or missle, however if that stack attacks either a land target or other ships with its guns then the AA countdown happens anyway, secondly as stated I could not fire cruise missiles and I had a number of cruisers in my stack!
    • I agree with this. The Naval feature is only a portion of what it could (should) be. Destroyers can't launch cruise missiles anymore (they used to) even though in real life they most certainly do launch them. Also, the anti-air part needs to be improved, like what was said here. I lost an entire fleet (Carrier, cruiser, two destroyers, and three frigates) to two 4 ship helicopter stacks. There is no way that should ever happen. Like you said, I love this game and invest a lot of time and money in it, but the naval part could be so much better.
    • I don't know if you have fire control or not (part of the premium Security Council) if the ships are set on aggressive, you can't launch cruise missiles. The only work around I have for this is to set the ship/stack of ships/sub to "Default" and launch the missiles, then set back to "Aggressive". I find this acceptable since it takes 12-16 hours for reload.
      "For what shall it profit a man, if he gain the whole world, and suffer the loss of his soul?" -
    • The first issue is not a bug, even more with frigattes, because they have a real range attack. But even with normal Anti-Air, who don't have a normal range attack, Anti-Air-Ticks get lost if units in the same stack make a range attack.

Only exception I think is, if the AA-unit has a shorter range and there could not attack anyway.

Also it seems, aggressive stance has quite some sideeffects. Not being able to launch missile or making airtransports bugging around. Aggressive stance is a premium feature, so such bugs should get solved in my opinion. It kind of defies the purpose of those Premium features, if they afford more micromanaging.
    • Another thing I was thinking after reading the above, is about is the 'tactics' of naval units. I have found that sending stack's of naval units is detrimental. If I have a carrier, it's not on the intersection of a waterway, it's a bit off in case some one is patrolling with a bomber to nuke it. Moving out on the spokes are the frigates for the air cover, then further out are the cruiser(s) and destroyer(s), followed by the attack subs. I use the same principle of pairing 2 attack subs with a missile sub. Losing a carrier is a big loss, so I am very careful how I move them, and where I place them.
      "For what shall it profit a man, if he gain the whole world, and suffer the loss of his soul?" -