Anti-air Attacking Ground Troops Long Range?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Anti-air Attacking Ground Troops Long Range?

OK...some sort of "update" happened a few hours ago. First I lose strike fighters and bombers...POOF gone. THEN anti-air is attacking ground troops from very long range by a non-active player altern. WTH? This has not happened to me before. Is this normal??? 28 days into this map only to be chewed up by anti-air to ground troops bombardment by a non-existent player and disappearing air forces. :cursing:

OH AND ANOTHER THING....I just saw: When attacking some peon LVL 1 ground troop with my LVL 6 strike fighter stacked by 3 the peon ground troop is delivering 3-5 HP hit. I mean....REALLY??

This is aggravating.
      " “If we can’t persuade nations with comparable values of the merit of our cause we better reexamine our reasoning.” - Robt. S. McNamara

The post was edited 1 time, last by wrp523 ().

• Hi WRP523,

concerning the AA - here is an example shot - it does not have ground unit range:

not sure about your second use case - where you attacked ground forces.
      Maybe the planes were in AA range without knowing. Maybe the infantry actually was not level 1? Maybe there were several infantry? Maybe you were unlucky in the random result generated?
      All possible and totally in line with the game's settings.

Hope I was able to shed some light on this - otherwise please come back with more detail so we can take a look at it.

Cheers,

//G
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • if the sams/td's are stacked with mobile AA helis wont work, sams will hit copters too, then when the copter gets close enough after taking a sam voley the Mobile aa will tear them to shreds and finish them off. best run around would be stealth tech. stealth bombers, stealth fighters, stealth strike fighters, stealth ground troops (special forces) Or the best of all, use the big guns. Nukes
      - Give me a lever long enough, and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world -
    • C'mon think about a bit on your own - Anti Air is so weak after the last Anti-Air update.

There are so many ways to turn off anti-air, some examples:
      1. Use artillery! The same as in every good game based on Rock-Paper-Scissor.
      Anti-Air beats Fighter, Fighter beats Artillery, Artillery beats Anti-Air

2. A fast ground attack (maybe use Rush) with main battle tanks, combat recon or special forces (or combination of it)
      You can expand the list:
      Anti-Air beats Fighter, Fighter beats Artillery/ground forces, Artillery/ground forces beats Anti-Air

3. Anti Air is now so weak you also can destroy with Strike Fighter (it's so sad that it is possible but it works).
      For example:
      Defender: 10x SAM's/TD's, 10x mob.AA stacked and cover each other.
      You group your Strike Fighters to 5x
      1st : 5x SF attacked the SAM's/TD's to activate the Anti-Air timer of the SAMs (you lost 2 SF)
      2nd: 5x SF attacked the mob.Air activate the Anti-Air timer of the mob.AA (you lost 1SF)
      3rd: 5x SF fire Cruise Missiles on the SAMs/TD's - keep on patrol to wait unitl the missile impact
      4rd: 5x SF fire Cruise Missiles on the mob. air - keep on patrol to wait unitl the missile impact

If something survives fly a direct attack with 3rd and/or 4th which stay ready on patrol.
      (Maybe you lost additional 1-2 SF)

You need 20 Strike Fighter.
      If your starting Airport is very close to the enemy - so you 2 times reach the Anti-Air units within 1 hour (better ~45minutes) you need only ~13 SF, cause the same SFs can fly 1st&2nd attack wave can fly 3rd&4th + ~3 SF replace the losses from 1st&2nd.

All in all you lost only 3-5 SF to eliminate the whole stacked and well prepared Anti-Air.
      Same tactic also works very well against anti air frigates.
      (Use SFs or additional variant with attack Submarines 1st take 1 normal attack on the frigates to activate Air-Defense-Timer and then firing Cruise Missiles - 1 CM for every frigate, easily sunk them)

That's why in my opinion the Anti-Air is to weak.

Especially the very last point, even without using cruise missiles, only with direct Strike Fighter attacks
      -> You can blow out all Anti-Air and loss only 12-15 SF.

You just must make sure, that all attacks take place wihtin 1 hour until the Anti-Air timer reloads.

(I did the described procedure with the old (strong) anti-air stats, and it worked wonderfully.
      That's why I did not understand why the anti-air was made even weaker. So sad.)

The post was edited 2 times, last by SilverRichi ().