Game Suggestions Counter-Insurgents/Pacific Map/Others

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Game Suggestions Counter-Insurgents/Pacific Map/Others

Counter-Insurgents

Units with added buff to combat Insurgents. Like National Guard moral buff, these would excel in combating Insurgents.

Pacific Scenario;
      Pitting China against the U.S. It would be interesting, also opening Naval Warfare [Possibly banning airfields?] requiring to develop marine and naval strategies. It would mostly see U.S. and her allies leading against China and her allies and how ASEAN and other countries react or where they join. (Similar to Cold War)

United States
      Japan
      South Korea
      [French/British Islands in Asia]
      Australia
      New Zealand
      Philipines

China
      North Korea
      Eastern Russia
      Vietnam [Could go for Neutral]

Cambodia
      Laos
      Indonesia
      Malaysia
      Singapore

Another option is using it like the 1990s European Map. A standard map, with West Coast of U.S. and then South East Asia, East Asia, Northern Australia, and a bunch of islands.

Sandbox
      Similar to modding, a feature where we can create custom scenarios like the Cold War, but community driven. So you would have a workshop for people to post their creations, possible section in-game called Community Scenarios and you play them with friends etc...
      Sandbox:
      Allows you to place units.
      Determine starting tech tree.
      Coalition fixing. [Allowing Coalition Size-Option in Game Construction]
      Territory allocation.

The Private Game option allowing custom scenarios to save and play on later. Games were players can unlock technology for themselves and AI nations, putting a no-research option, etc... and then on steam creating a workshop for players to share these scenarios for others to play. I think it may be helpful and if Dorado can create a PR campaign alongside any CoN youtubers or community sites then it would be extremely beneficial.

Unit
      Examples may include: French Camo Pack, Arab Camo Pack, Chinese Camo Pack, Australian etc...a unit pack retailed at for example $5 etc...
      Changing Marine Uniforms

Introducing a Spy Unit: Unit that can increase chances of capturing enemy spy and increase mission support for intelligence operations. It can move, airdrop, etc..
      Building: CIA/Intelligence building: Buffs Counter-Intelligence and allows recuitment of spies

[I forgot something, I will add it later if I remember.]

The post was edited 1 time, last by NicolasMacron ().

• I like in particular the sandbox idea. But there must be reasons why it never have been developed in other games such as S1914 or CoW.

How about make a new "rank" of premium. The map maker premium which allows you to access the sandbox tool. It prevents "map-spamming" since not everyone can make new maps, only those with the new premium rank. It also opens a new way to generate income ;)

A feature of the sandbox should also be placing buildings.

Sandbox-created maps should be unranked, to prevent stats boosting.

With a "little bit" more coding, its also possible to let the players to create their very own custom maps, that includes nations/factions and borders(territories, terrain, etc).
      It certainly will be a lot of work for the player to make a new map, nothing done in a few hours, but I'm 100% certain that there are such motivated player! If a community made map is done very well, Dorado can even decide to accept it into their official map pool.

Units:

So you are proposing something similar to skins?^^

To generate even more money, you can do the skins similar to other popular games, such as cs:go. Not bundles but only certain units. Those skins don't have to be realistic, its enough if they look cool and fancy that players want them. Most units are kinda grayish, but then there is the SU-27 Flanker (eastern Strike Fighter), it looks super fancy since it isnt only grayish but shiny with its blue.
    • Yeah, unit skins would be a nice idea also maybe some unit skins but most planes are grayish because of visual camoflague and less attratcting eyes :). But yes, that is a nice idea.

Sandbox perhaps being a premium feature to not overflow the game capacity or perhaps people can request a sandbox designer permission or something to allow htem to create a sand-box with an intended goal.