Troops trapped in my city

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Troops trapped in my city

I am playing on one of the 4x speed maps, with the game ID 2312698. I have a few troops (2 CRVs, two mot. inf, I believe?) in my city of Alice Springs in Australia. I am playing as New Zealand. I conquered part of Australia (at the time controlled by Indonesia), and another nation, Peru, conquered the other half. I own Alice Springs, he owns all but one or two of the provinces surrounding it. My troops are near the very edge of the city, somehow, which is odd bc I don't remember moving them there (or even know how I would've done that) and they're trapped. Every time I try to move them, through my city, to my provinces controlled by me, it tells me that I will be moving through Peru's territory, and that this will start a war. I dunno what's up. I assume it's a bug/glitch? The location thingie when you hover over the troops says they're in my city. They would be moving through my city, to my province, not through anything Peru owns. But it still says it'd go through their territory. And this is not game-specific, because it's happened to me once before. Same general scenario, another game. Anyhow, that's my problem.
    • It's literally an "edge case". War normally is declared if you cross the border of a neutral territory AND move onto or over its center point (usually where the roads meet). In this case you are only crossing the border but not moving onto the opponents province center point. So it will actually not war declare.
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf