UAV, Drones tier 1&2

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• UAV, Drones tier 1&2

Hello,

I am talking about the first 2 tiers of UAVs. Not the stealth UAV, he's perfectly fine.

Requirements to build:

Air base Lv3. Secret Weapons Lab Lv1. (Arms Industry Lv1.)
      Cheap in research and building.

Usage:

Scout foreign land when in peace and cause diplomatic rows over it.

I think the requirements are a little bit high for the low usage you get. The good thing is, they can actually reveal the exact units numbers. But only during peace time. During war time it gets shreddered in no time. Its very squishy. Once you fly over AA, any AA, it will be shot down. Since even the maxed UAV only has 5 HP. In case you were to look at enemy positions to see where he has how many troops, even if he is offline, your UAV is most likely to get shot down passively by AA. It limits your operations by a lot. If the enemy is online, its enough to send 1 plane to shoot down the UAV.
      To reveal the enemy, you even have to fly the UAV really close to the unit so that even mobile Anti Air (no rockets) can shoot down the UAV.
      Well, you could scout the enemy before the war, so his AA wont shoot it down. But that will anger him and disrupt peace, most likely getting shot down soon enough^^. For the money, ressources and time invested to check what kind of units others are using, you could also browse the newspaper, check his homeland cities, buy some intelligence spies and get a general idea of your enemy.
      Since they have no radar, it makes it even more time consuming to check out the enemies territory.

To give UAVs a little bit more usage, I suggest this little change:
      Game mechanic wise UAVs to be treated like helicopters, even if they are not helicopters. This way, Mobile SAM Launchers and TDS won't shoot down the UAVs anymore. It gives the UAV a higher chance of surviving. Especially during war time where there are lots of SAMs.

Furthermore, or as an alternative, make the UAV harder to spot xD. Somehow. So if I fly my UAV over hostile territory, the enemies do not see my UAV immedeatly, only if they look very closely.
    • We never said that drones are stealthy (except the last stealth tier obvioulsy)... And they don't fly like helicopters: They do the opposite - they fly high to scout and reconnoiter.

Effectively drones are a cheap tool with which to fly over nations - but not under radar and SAM cover. Such tools don't exist except helicopters or stealth fighters etc - but those trigger wars.

If you are interested in the reality of drone/UAV warfare you need to check out the air war between hamas/syria/iran and israel:

timesofisrael.com/patriot-miss…drone-over-golan-heights/
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • @Germanico
      was responding to what Opulon said "Should act as a stealth heli "

and my suggestion is that drones can't be attacked by AA Rockets (no SAMs and no TDS). Entirely out of balancing issues. Drones have very little to no use during war time, almost everywhere is long range AA, drones will get instantly shot down without seeing anything. Then, AWACs and ground radar are more useful, they have a huge range in radar and don't need to be close to the enemy. They survive. For Drones to scout empty land and water there is no use either since it takes ages with that little speed and no radar.