coalitions exploit fix

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• coalitions exploit fix

Oke this is what i have seen happening.

Guy joins a coalition and fights an enemy abroad. Guy falls asleep and get kicked in a 4x speed game = 6 hours. People fly in soldiers on his cities and he is out of the game. There is nothing you can do about it. You cannot prevent people from putting thier trops in your city and 6 hours is to short when someone sais goodnight it means he could be out of the game and this ruins gameplay this is not strategy when the entire united states army apears in all major uk cities in one nights sleep. imagine in this x10 speed game it takes 2.4 hours to eliminate someone thats sleeping. ps this exploit can also be used the other way around e.g join a coalition put your troops in a sleeping friends capitol and leave. To put it straight I will never join coalitions anymore becouse you cannot hold all your troops in capitol cities (you wont have troops to attack left)

Proposed fix: dont allow coalition kicks when coalition forces in the kicked persons territory and dont allow people to leave a coalition when they have troops within coalition borders. then prevent war for at least 1 day and close right of passage and intell when someone is getting kicked or leaves. coalitions is not about backstabbing. russia did not had troops in the us at the end of ww2 nor had the us any armies in russia.

This is my first game and i am in a coalition all i do is constantly check my coalition screen if i am not getting kicked, thats not fun nor strategic.
    • Here's a bright idea, don't join 4x speed maps. In fact, for an even smarter idea, let's not even join CON games at all because of the fear that we could be kicked and backstabbed. Oh wait, brilliant idea! Let's not go to work at all because we might get "kicked from our job" Oh, I came up with an even better idea, let's all just not wake up and live because we can get kicked and betrayed in life!

Yeah, deal with it. If you can't be having 4 hrs of sleep each night, don't play 4x games. Especially don't join the 10x games.

Or, of course, you could join a great alliance like the Rainmen, and join inner-alliance coalitions in games. Then your teammates will not backstab you (unless they pull a Sarwesh) Anyways I think rainmen is recruiting but you will have to ask daloganator bc idk if he wants new players in his alliance.
      I can speak like Crang ! I am speaking like Crang right now ! Can anybody else speak like Crang !
    • neuk wrote:

Oke this is what i have seen happening.

Guy joins a coalition and fights an enemy abroad. Guy falls asleep and get kicked in a 4x speed game = 6 hours. People fly in soldiers on his cities and he is out of the game. There is nothing you can do about it. You cannot prevent people from putting thier trops in your city and 6 hours is to short when someone sais goodnight it means he could be out of the game and this ruins gameplay this is not strategy when the entire united states army apears in all major uk cities in one nights sleep. imagine in this x10 speed game it takes 2.4 hours to eliminate someone thats sleeping. ps this exploit can also be used the other way around e.g join a coalition put your troops in a sleeping friends capitol and leave. To put it straight I will never join coalitions anymore becouse you cannot hold all your troops in capitol cities (you wont have troops to attack left)

Proposed fix: dont allow coalition kicks when coalition forces in the kicked persons territory and dont allow people to leave a coalition when they have troops within coalition borders. then prevent war for at least 1 day and close right of passage and intell when someone is getting kicked or leaves. coalitions is not about backstabbing. russia did not had troops in the us at the end of ww2 nor had the us any armies in russia.

This is my first game and i am in a coalition all i do is constantly check my coalition screen if i am not getting kicked, thats not fun nor strategic.
      Yes, the US and Russia didn't store troops in each other. Instead, they just put a crap ton of spies and secret troops and stole each other's info and nuclear codes. I'd say that's the equivalent of sneaking troops in.
      I can speak like Crang ! I am speaking like Crang right now ! Can anybody else speak like Crang !
    • Sarwesh wrote:

Here's a bright idea, don't join 4x speed maps. In fact, for an even smarter idea, let's not even join CON games at all because of the fear that we could be kicked and backstabbed. Oh wait, brilliant idea! Let's not go to work at all because we might get "kicked from our job" Oh, I came up with an even better idea, let's all just not wake up and live because we can get kicked and betrayed in life!

Yeah, deal with it. If you can't be having 4 hrs of sleep each night, don't play 4x games. Especially don't join the 10x games.

Or, of course, you could join a great alliance like the Rainmen, and join inner-alliance coalitions in games. Then your teammates will not backstab you (unless they pull a Sarwesh) Anyways I think rainmen is recruiting but you will have to ask daloganator bc idk if he wants new players in his alliance.
      Then this is not a strategy game but a stay awake as long as you can game and sleep 4 hours max or dont join coalition and fight 1 v 5 players game. Or only play games with your alliance and fight together vs people who are not in an alliance.
    • neuk wrote:

Sarwesh wrote:

Here's a bright idea, don't join 4x speed maps. In fact, for an even smarter idea, let's not even join CON games at all because of the fear that we could be kicked and backstabbed. Oh wait, brilliant idea! Let's not go to work at all because we might get "kicked from our job" Oh, I came up with an even better idea, let's all just not wake up and live because we can get kicked and betrayed in life!

Then this is not a strategy game but a stay awake as long as you can game and sleep 4 hours max or dont join coalition and fight 1 v 5 players game. Or only play games with your alliance and fight together vs people who are not in an alliance.
      If you are playing 4x games, this is how it is. Find a good alliance or don't sleep. If you want real strategy, play 1x games.
    • Sarwesh wrote:

neuk wrote:

Sarwesh wrote:

If you are playing 4x games, this is how it is. Find a good alliance or don't sleep. If you want real strategy, play 1x games.
      This game will be a lot better and more fun to play if you wouldn't get r@ped in your sleep by your friends
    • Neuk has a point there and a valid argument.

Something that affects many people, a work around or solution is needed for this, it will keep more players in game, more people having more fun.
      So basically for a player but also for the company it would be better to find a solution.

P.s. Sarwesh, no offence but you cant ask people to stay awake such short of a time, never. Ever. It doesnt make logical sense. Nor for the playerbase, nor for the company. Therefore your points are not valid.
      - Give me a lever long enough, and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world -
    • The 24hour time when leaving the coalition is actually great enough I believe xD.

In the earlier games, Supremacy1914 and Call of War, there was no such thing as timer. Once kicked, you can start war immedeatly. So the 24hour time is already a huge upgrade^^

I've never encountered someone doing this what neuk described. I believe that most players are at least somewhat loyal to their mates and don't pull such moves.

If you fear so much being the victim of such treason, you should join games with premates. Friends you frequently join maps together.
    • Mc_Johnsen wrote:

The 24hour time when leaving the coalition is actually great enough I believe xD.

In the earlier games, Supremacy1914 and Call of War, there was no such thing as timer. Once kicked, you can start war immedeatly. So the 24hour time is already a huge upgrade^^

I've never encountered someone doing this what neuk described. I believe that most players are at least somewhat loyal to their mates and don't pull such moves.

If you fear so much being the victim of such treason, you should join games with premates. Friends you frequently join maps together.
      24 hours = 6 hours in 4x speed or 2.4 hours in 10x speed
    • @neuk thanks for bringing this to our attention. Of course this timer should change according to our specific settings - not with the general speed of game, so it clearly is bugged.

When we change speeds we adjust kick and inactivity timers but they are very flaky and obviously require more work.

Will put it on the fix list with prio.

//G
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • Germanico wrote:

@neuk thanks for bringing this to our attention. Of course this timer should change according to our specific settings - not with the general speed of game, so it clearly is bugged.

When we change speeds we adjust kick and inactivity timers but they are very flaky and obviously require more work.

Will put it on the fix list with prio.

//G
      Your welcome, I am a senior dev / architect myself (though not so front end) so i understand the problems ill post you some new stuff to look at soon but this is just my first set of games i play this game and i really like it!