problem with bombers and naval bombers

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• problem with bombers and naval bombers

Oke this is whats happening I am playing my first game and have 1 strategic bomber attacking a stack of 4 mobile inf 6 tanks 1 recon and 1 field artillery, ok the infantry only has 1.5 air defence great. I send my strato bomber it does 0 damage and is destroyed in 1 hit???????? then i send 2 carrier bombers they die in 1 hit doing only 4 hp damage and little to no damage to the buildings. I mean is this correct? why build air defence if 4 infantry kill planes that easely whats the use of a carrier to bomb infantry and tanks if planes in 1 hit? whats the use of planes at all (with the exception of transport)? i am building mobile airdefence but i guess i dont need them if infantry kill them in 1 hit. ps: they are also in a city, i tried to bomb a few tanks with 1-2 mobile infantry in the mountains to but they shot another carrier bomber out of the sky in 1 hit.
    • Assuming Day 7, 4 mob inf .7 vs air, 6 armor 0 vs air, 1 crv 1.0 vs air, 1 towed art 0 vs air so stack is 5.8 vs air. 1 strat 7.5 vs inf, 3.0 vs arm, 2 naval strike 2.0 vs inf and 1.5 vs arm so stack is 11.5 vs inf - 6 vs arm. the ratio is 1:1 so it's a coin flip in combat. you lost the coin flip. the ground stack has more HP, way more HP then the air stack.
      "For what shall it profit a man, if he gain the whole world, and suffer the loss of his soul?" -
    • MallahanJr wrote:

Assuming Day 7, 4 mob inf .7 vs air, 6 armor 0 vs air, 1 crv 1.0 vs air, 1 towed art 0 vs air so stack is 5.8 vs air. 1 strat 7.5 vs inf, 3.0 vs arm, 2 naval strike 2.0 vs inf and 1.5 vs arm so stack is 11.5 vs inf - 6 vs arm. the ratio is 1:1 so it's a coin flip in combat. you lost the coin flip. the ground stack has more HP, way more HP then the air stack.

Kalrakh wrote:

Attacking a full stack without having a full stack on your own is hardly ever a good trade of. Because the defense capabilities get summarized.
      Then whats the point of having AA units??? if infantry easely shoots down bombers and strategic bombers building aa isnt necessary. when i bombard i get 0 damage when i attack a 6 stack i gert onl 1-2 hp so a 12 stack without aa should do like 2-4 damage. Its the only way to kill massive tank stacks, infantry cant kill those artillery either (in the sence that it takes weeks)
    • Carrier bomber? There are no carrier bomber. Are you talking about Strike Fighter and not bomber?

The point of anti-air is to attack air planes before they can even strike and to defend against missile. Directly attacking air defence with airplanes would be pure madness anyway.

Air planes are fast, but not all powerful, if you don't know how to use them correctly, you will have bad trades.

Strategic bombing means to destroy their cities, so that they can build new troops or to attack units that are vulnerable, because they are alone or can't defend like artillery or battle tanks.

If you really want to fight a full stack, you should at least have 5 bombers in your stack for yourself. Or better: Use cruise missile if the enemy does not have air defence.

You have to check the stats of your units and enemie units. If you want to kill tanks, you need units that do good damage against tanks. Bombers are not usefull for that, except with conventional cruise missiles.
    • Yes, its a rock-paper-scissors strategy, not IWIN unit. Dumbstacks, er I mean Doomstacks can be whittled down. There are tons of new players that attack with a couple of infantry and strike fighter the hell out of the opposing force, which is usually a AI or inactive player. A real player uses a mix and knows when to armor AA, missile unprotected armor/inf, or use arty on mountains to snipe a passing armored division.
      "For what shall it profit a man, if he gain the whole world, and suffer the loss of his soul?" -