An Honest Apology for 2000 Roleplay

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• An Honest Apology for 2000 Roleplay

Hello All. I'm going to give you all an honest apology about what happened in the 2000 roleplay, headed by President Jah. I realized that I broke many CON rules and laws, and I feel very grateful and thankful that I was only removed from that one roleplay game, instead of getting my account banned.

Let's start with some background information.

I joined President Jah's roleplay 2000 game. This was my second roleplay game, with the first being Laxy's failed RP game. The first few days went smoothly.

Tuesday afternoon came around. I was kinda bored, and was kinda also ignoring the rules, so I decided to screw around on some alts. I used two laptops for this. One laptop was for my discord/real account, and the other one was for my alts. I first created an alt by the name of Cyclone50. I tried entering all of my other games, but the 2000 Roleplay was the only game recent enough to still be able to join. So I joined. Then, I declared war on all countries, spent gold, and essentially broke all of the roleplay rules. Then, after Cyclone50 was banned, I created new accounts, Cyclone49, then Cyclone11, and two more accounts starting with "Cyclone". However, disaster struck soon.

After posting on discord under my name, I accidentally made all of my "Cyclone" moves on my wrong laptop. Thus, all of the moves I thought I was making for "Cyclone" I was actually doing on my account. Whoops. I tried to cover it up with an "I was hacked by Cyclone", but at this point it just seemed super far-fetched and ridiculous. Soon enough, the password for the game was changed, and all of the "Cyclones" were removed.

Also notice that I was using two different wifis the whole time (I have two wifis, I'm rich). They're both hotspots. I'm on business trip in Kathmandu, btw, if you were wondering about the odd times I was on CON.

The next day, I get messages from Opulon about how I broke CON rules. I tried to lie my way out, but it failed. I was ultimately removed from the CON game. I apologise to Mr. Opulon for being rude to him and lying. I hope I can eventually be forgiven.

I understand in this incident I broke 3 rules, one being a roleplay rule and two being CON rules. I broke the roleplay rule by spending gold and attacking other countries. I broke the CON rules by multiaccounting and wolfpacking (I was reducing the morale of my neighbor). I apologise for what happened, and I feel so very fortunate that I was not banned from CON, and was only banned from that one roleplay game.

I write this letter to the Roleplay section in goodbye. I understand after this incident I will never be invited or allowed to join a roleplay game again. I've learned my lesson, and matured a bit during this incident, and that's all that matters.

By the way, if you were wondering, I used my real account (Sarwesh) on my personal laptop, and my alts on my work laptop. I usually play on my real account (Sarwesh) on both laptops. I feel so grateful I did not get an IP ban, and can still play from my main account.

Also, if you were wondering, I'll be in Kathmandu for a few more days, then go to Hong Kong, Singapore, Tokyo, then back home. Amazon is quite busy.

EDIT: I'd also like to apologize to Cyclone46. I know that Cyclone is a very prestigious CON player, and I apologize to him personally for impersonating him.
    I can speak like Crang ! I am speaking like Crang right now ! Can anybody else speak like Crang !

The post was edited 1 time, last by Sarwesh ().

• I am surprised that you did all this and i have two questions First why would you mess up the Role Play game that is perfect the way it is it is hard to get one of those running and have every one Abide by the Rules and Second Why are you travelling to Nepal and Hong kong etc. there is nothing really in those that you can't see in every city i would suggest you travel to some where more traditional.
    من المبالغة أن ندعو إعلان حماس والجهاد الإسلامي عن تحالف عسكري. إنها رسالة بأن شعبنا متحد في وجه العدوان الإسرائيلي - أحمد ياسين

twitter.com/i/status/1107767831981105153
  • Huthayfah.k wrote:

I am surprised that you did all this and i have two questions First why would you mess up the Role Play game that is perfect the way it is it is hard to get one of those running and have every one Abide by the Rules and Second Why are you travelling to Nepal and Hong kong etc. there is nothing really in those that you can't see in every city i would suggest you travel to some where more traditional.
    Yes, I know, I apologise for all of this. I understand the confusion and distraction I have caused.

I'm not going to Nepal and Hong Kong etc for travel. It's a long business trip for Amazon (Where I work). All expenses paid. I didn't really get a choice on where I got to go.
    I can speak like Crang ! I am speaking like Crang right now ! Can anybody else speak like Crang !
  • Thank you for this open and honest apology. It is well received, Sarwesh.

Matter of fact CON even allows you to have several accounts - totally officially. Some players just like to have them separated for different purposes.
    We normally have a IP check in place ensuring players do not multi on ranked games, which was deliberately turned off for RP so players could multi-account within the Roleplaying Experience.
    Obviously the massive disturbance caused created some bad blood, but with your coming clean I would not rule out participating in earnest again at a later date.
    I cannot speak for the RPU, but should you now be truly interested in RP I am sure you can arrange a discord chat with the other RPU members and see if they also accept your apology.

Kudos again for the very sincere approach with which you chose to resolve the issue.

//G
    "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
  • I'd just like to clarify this is not an RPU RP game or an RPU Sanctioned RP. Just for the record of course, as we have multiple RPU members simply there for the experience and knowledge. Our RP games are done privately and closed off for the RPU Members and selected members whom we message privately. Just for clarity and such, though Sarwesh is welcome to apologize to the RP members and RPU members, this RP was not orchestrated for the RPU.

I can not talk about you rejoining the RP as you've breached one of our rule, disrespected an admin, and disrupted our game.

2000 RP Admin wrote:

• Gold-use is NOT allowed. Breaching this rule will result in your immediate removal from the game.

To clarify that, you're removal was a result of the gold-use and multi-accounting to attack and hamper the development of the RP. While you may have been bored and decided it would be fun to derail the RP, but I can assure you it was not fun. I can not speak for the Admins of the Roleplay Game, but I think your actions constituted the ban we all agreed upon. We took steps to allow you to come clean which you turned into insulting one of our game admins, not to mention the clear and obvious signs that you were the perpetrator of this incident.

I can tell you, you are not banned from all future RP's from my knowledge at least, while I doubt you will be allowed back into our 2000 RP. You are more than welcome to join future public RP's and those you find on the RP section of this game.
  • I personally don't think you would have apologized had you not been caught, which is why I am reluctant to believe this is truly a sincere apology.

If you were bored, you could have simply posted an article or participated in active UN talks over Osams Bin Laden and the Taliban instead of deliberately breaking our rules and disrupting the RP.

You will not be permitted to return to the game, but as others said above, you may join future games. However, do not be surprised if people are more weary of you since we have warned our friends in the RPU about you.

If you say you've "matured" from this experience, I'd sure hope so.
  • Sarwesh. Your choices are hard to understand and you have been warned in the past about impersonating other players. At this time you have been placed on probation with the Rainmen and your membership is under review. Trust is a hard thing to earn and easy to loose.

daloganator
    Leader of the Rainmen

The post was edited 1 time, last by Daloganator ().

• Daloganator wrote:

Sarwesh. Your choices are hard to understand and you have been warned in the past about impersonating other players. At this time you have been placed on probation with the Rainmen and your membership is under review. Trust is a hard thing to earn and easy to loose.

daloganator
    Leader of the Rainmen
    That's wonderful. Speaking of that, I'm sick of your stupid so-called "alliance". I'm leaving the Rainmen.
  • President Jah wrote:

I personally don't think you would have apologized had you not been caught, which is why I am reluctant to believe this is truly a sincere apology.

If you were bored, you could have simply posted an article or participated in active UN talks over Osams Bin Laden and the Taliban instead of deliberately breaking our rules and disrupting the RP.

You will not be permitted to return to the game, but as others said above, you may join future games. However, do not be surprised if people are more weary of you since we have warned our friends in the RPU about you.

If you say you've "matured" from this experience, I'd sure hope so.
    That's also wonderful. I don't plan on joining RP games anymore either. I join two, and I find out that they're all boring af.
  • Ok, apologies accepted, even if i find "lambs with canines" a very unpleasant thing to see. A small moderation tip : when you see an operator coming to you and asking you "explications", he isn't "having doubts". He is reviewing whether you should get an easy or harsh sanction. It's not a game of "if i deny i will have nothing". It's a game of "if i talk i'll get a bullet in the leg, if i don't talk, bullet in the head."

I'll remind two things :

1°) The first time i encountered you, you were asking for advices on how to play the game. I ended up giving the same advice than your alliance, which you didn't listen that much it seems.
    2°) It seems your alliance has already warned you against impersonating other people, which means they already had some kind of problem with you, and tried the "benevolent" approach with that.

When you acted in such a way that could cause harm to your alliance, they didn't outright fire you, but reviewed it. They are kind : many alliances, mine included, would just behead you in public place, with the ultimate state reason "Society can and will protect itself".

Your main problem it seems, is that you don't listen, or do not care, for what you are told. Maybe you feel entitled by a superior power or intelligence to act this way, i don't know. However, something i know as an alliance leader, it's that your problems will not vanish in another alliance, and you will soon call every alliance that welcomed you "stupid".

You need to behave in an online society with the same reasoning that you would in IRL society. Online is still composed by humans, while structured another way. At least, you need to behave this way if you ever want to integrate properly. If you just want to remain alone, of course, nothing is needed.
    Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
  • S S0DEN wrote:

No one in this world is perfect, we all make mistakes - it's what you do after a mistake is made that defines us. You seem to have confronted your mistakes, owned up to them and attempted to correct them. Hats off to you for owning that.
    I would agree with S SODEN here he is right we must find a way to forgive Sarwesh otherwise how will one learn from his mistake
    من المبالغة أن ندعو إعلان حماس والجهاد الإسلامي عن تحالف عسكري. إنها رسالة بأن شعبنا متحد في وجه العدوان الإسرائيلي - أحمد ياسين

twitter.com/i/status/1107767831981105153